The online racing simulator
Odd stats
(27 posts, started )
Odd stats
I was just browsing the top racers on the CTRA site and found this guy...

http://www.raceauthority.com/stats/?licence=BRAVUS
Quote from CTRA :Tony Romero, from Spain, has competed in 5 races and driven 8,430 laps since the launch of the CTRA X-System. In this time, he has caused 1,005 yellow flags, which is a ratio of 11%. This is a good yellow flag ratio.

Tony has won 0 races and reached the podium, in second or third place, a further 0 times in 5 races, while retiring from an additional 4 races. This means Tony has completed a very worrying 20% of the races in which he's participated. During those races, Tony has achieved no fastest laps. Tony is currently ranked 5th internationally and 0th in Spain. He does not currently hold any lap records.

55,910 in 5 races in which he has won none? Something not quite right here!
Pre-X system stats don't count towards the Wins and other stats, only points from pre-X are included.
Good old Bravus, I wonder what happened to him I had loads of fantastic racing with him in the turbos last year.
#4 - SamH
Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing! Great driver! Last seen on the CTRA on 5th January, briefly!
Ahh I didn't know there were ways to collect points before the X system. Shows what I know That also explains why people with similar lap totals as mine are able to have way more points
It also effectively closes the thread I just posted Didn't know about points before x-system, either
One of these should probably be stickied as a reference, a lot of threads about this keep popping up

Sam
Whats Unobtanium?
The licence following Titanium.
unobtainium nice name ^^ whats beyond then?
A singularity.
Quote from baSh0r :unobtainium nice name ^^ whats beyond then?

There is a reason why it's called unobtainium, maybe someone can figure out why
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :There is a reason why it's called unobtainium, maybe someone can figure out why

Perhaps when someone will finally manage to score that huge number of points (75,000 currently) unobtainium will immediately become a 100,000 points to score linsence and so on... So in this way it would be unobtainable indeed .
I don't think this would happen, as it might bugger up some other part of the system.

Apparently, though, the system must have something to work towards, otherwise it doesn't work - so when someone gets close to Unobtanium, which is actually obtainable , a new tier will need to be devised.

Well, that's what I heard, anyway.

Sam
Quote from Dark Elite :I don't think this would happen, as it might bugger up some other part of the system.

Apparently, though, the system must have something to work towards, otherwise it doesn't work - so when someone gets close to Unobtanium, which is actually obtainable , a new tier will need to be devised.

Well, that's what I heard, anyway.

Sam

Hmm points to ponder, anyone up for a conspiracy theory? =)
Hehe.. One day I'll learn to keep such things to myself

Sam
Let's just call the licence above Unobtanium called "Dustin", because I'm greatness and nobody can match me.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Let's just call the licence above Unobtanium called "Dustin", because I'm greatness and nobody can match me.

That's because your usually tipped upside down on the other side of the wall
Oh... I thought that was the licence name you got when you got a points penalty greater than your points total, giving negative score

Sam
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
That's a new one... I've seen yellows do that, but not finishes

Looks like Sam's now fixed it so it only says 100%, but at least you got a screenshot while it lasted

Sam
Unobtanium started as a joke and then was implemented into the system.
When someone reaches the Unobtainium I suggest the next level be called Bloodimindium.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
#23 - SamH
Hmm.. curious. I've checked and there were 107 licences where the number of finishes was greater than the number of races run. I've cured the discrepency while I figure out where the error is being introduced.
Races with under 3 cars?
Bump and Jump?
X System crashing?

Also Dark, I actually asked that last night, you cannot go to negative points
#25 - SamH
I think it's probably races where the X-System died and was restarted during a race.. or where MySQL died and was reborn.. but I haven't checked the code logic to see if that's a possibility yet. I suspect it's not a significant thing. The discrepency between races and finishes is so small in the great scheme of CTRA things, in all of the cases that I examined, it suggests there was an error that's maybe occurred 4 or 5 times since we began to collect these stats. In CTRA racing terms, it's not a large %.

Odd stats
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG