The online racing simulator
Masters of Endurance Logo Design Contest!
Hello all,

Some of you may be aware that Tweaker has recently departed from the Masters of Endurance admin team. This means that we are in need of a new logo and a new graphic designer. Tweak has decided to take his work with him, which is entirely within his rights as its creator.

Therefore, we are opening a contest for a new logo. This will be the main logo to be used on the official site, graphs and results, etc etc. (For those of you who are unfamiliar with Tweak's former logo, it is still visible throughout the MoE forum here at lfsforum in results threads, etc.)

We ask that logos be submitted in a transparent image format (preferably .png or .psd) at a relatively large size (greater than 500 x 500px).

This contest will remain open until Friday the 29th of February, after which the MoE admins will deliberate and choose a winner.

Please send your submissions as attachments to admins _at_ mastersofendurance.eu

After a winner is chosen, the admin team may wish to discuss with the winner a permanent design position on the MoE team. Should the winner not have time or not be interested, we will discuss the position with other artists whose work we liked.

Either way, the sole stipulation for entry into this contest is that the winner relinquish all rights to the winning design and transfer them to the league. While we appreciate the need to protect one's rights, the league also needs to protect itself and its functionality. The winner will be publicly credited on the league website and forum for as long as the logo is in use.

We are eagerly looking forward to seeing your entries. Good luck!

(This is a cross-posting from the MoE forum. Mods, if you feel this posting is inappropriate in the general forum, please feel free to delete/merge.)
I like the current logo. Too bad.

Why didn't you guys ask Tweaker to "relinquish all rights" to the logo when he first made it?
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Why didn't you guys ask Tweaker to "relinquish all rights" to the logo when he first made it?

Well, a) I wasn't around the admin team back then, so I don't know, and b) I believe he was among the founders of the league (don't quote me on that :razz, so it wouldn't have made a lot of sense at the time.
Way back when we started, Tweak designed a logo without us even knowing. He gave it to us for use back then and we didn't even think of a possible situation like we have today. Won't happen again.
Bump for more entries!
Master of Endurance Logo Design: Sitting 24 h straight in front of Illustrator...
I'll have a go at this when I get home. I'm sure I can throw something together.
Shame the website is down though, it means I have nothing to fit it in with
Of course, I always forget about the online archives
Right, here's an early version. There's a couple of bits I don't like about it, and some I do. Trying to keep the whole theme from Tweaker's version intact.

I think it needs more colour though - that much yellow might be a bit too much. I'd also like to maybe add a little car or track texture to the oval.

I've got a couple more ideas that I'm going to try and work out before I commit to any particular design
Attached images
moe_logo_v1.jpg

Keep 'em coming.

If it helps give you direction, we'd prefer something iconic, like most pro series logos. Look to the majors for inspiration.
I'll take a stab...is the website down?

- edit

ok a few minutes later i've added the images with sample backgrounds....car graphic to follow...oops second series, bottom 2 lines are slightly off-centre - i've fixed that now but wont bother re-upping

-edit (again)

added an image style more inline with a car graphic, there a little outta order but I like the last one best, that's all for tonight
Attached images
moe-black.jpg
moe-red.jpg
moe-blue.jpg
2moe-black.jpg
2moe-white.jpg
2moe-red.jpg
2moe-blue.jpg
moecar-black.jpg
moecar-white.jpg
moecar-red.jpg
moecar-blue.jpg
moe-whiteA.jpg
Yeah, Tweak took the website with him when he left.
damn, a total leave
ok - i had another idea

- edit

oops for got to add the car graphic...works for windscreen banner, forum sig's...

(ps. please dont steal my tag lines <---- Can you go the distance? ---> <--- Going the distance ---> )
Attached images
collage2.jpg
collage.jpg
I might throw my hat into the ring on this one if I have time. Can't have one of the most iconic series going without a purdy logo, now can we?

Can we submit multiple entries?
Submit as much as you like.
Real-life racing logos are well boring. Most of them are just the series name in a particular font

But here's a first draft. It really needs something to symbolise racing on there though. I could maybe weave a car into the letters or some dotted lines along a couple of the lines. That'd be kinda cool.

Still in yellow, but obviously that can be changed.

[Edit: added v2.1 with dotted lines. Now I'm gonna be late for work ]
Attached images
moe_logo_v2.jpg
moe_logo_v2_1.jpg
my first try, its more of a graphic than a logo, im working on another one using aero (vista-like) techniques.

i dont like this one but thought i'd chuck it out there just in case you do
Attached images
masters of endurance one.jpg
I made a quick something.
Attached images
MOE.png
#21 - axus
My wife saw me doing this last night and had an idea...
Attached images
MoE.jpg
Quote from KSheppard :My wife saw me doing this last night and had an idea...

One word...Copyright.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :If it helps give you direction, we'd prefer something iconic

Damn ... I read "ironic" instead of "iconic" ... all that hard work for nothing,
Attached images
moe.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG