The online racing simulator
Pats blow it!
(16 posts, started )
game was kinda slow in the middle but got great at the end.yay giants $60 for me!!!
Okay... I hate the NFL. I really do. Even still, I went to the campus pub today for a pitcher, pizza, and half of the last quatre of play.

Wow. What an ending. Manning getting away, getting a pass off, followed by a one-handed-plus-helmet catch and landing on their back on the torso of another player was pretty freakin incredible. Good on the Giants, I'm happy for them.

My buddy said it best - "I like watching the last 5 minutes of NFL games; they turn into the CFL."
I can't friggen believe it.

Maggot I can't believe that helmet catch that's some bull!

We were hopin' the Patriots were gonna do some insane pull on the last run but it got turned over and at that point it was just .. over.

Noooes!
#4 - JTbo
I did try to watch it, but there was too many breaks so I started to browse interweb pages and soon found out being driving RBR and after that some LFS, forgetting completely that I was watching that american football (where they don't use foot).

I guess one needs to watch that when very young to understand everything in it, here if we see one game in 2-3 years it perhaps can't really be so exciting, maybe one should know rules for example to enjoy of it?

But sure it looks like to be big show for those who have grown up with it, would be nice if such different sports were more shown in here.
#5 - bbman
The Patriots had more than one chance to bag it, but they blew it... A deserved win for the Giants, who have risen with every new challenge in the playoffs and who managed to keep the Patriot's offence in bay most of the game... Well done!
Quote from callmebob :game was kinda slow in the middle but got great at the end.yay giants $60 for me!!!

i have to agree at the first part of your post, but at the end... damn... NY? champion? WTH is going on...... Pats deserved the title for sure, i was kinda happy when pats were wining...
and then... dang.. 40 secs to go and a comeback FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

im gonna cry
NEW YORK FTW!!!! lol i don't even watch footbal
I belong up there with Maggot. Hate the NFL as well (but absolutely LOVE hockey!! ). All I wanted to see was the Patriots lose. I am so sick and tired of hearing "Brady this..... and Brady that...." on the radio, on TV, at work, everywhere. An interview with some 1972 Miami Dolphins players said it correctly when they pretty much said, all this hype is BS. The only thing they can do is tie what the Dolphins did because the Dolphins did it first (undefeated season through the Super Bowl). The media makes it out that New England was on the road to this amazing never happen before feat when it did happen before. Had NE won, they wouldn't have been the first perfect season, wouldn't have been the 2nd either. They would have been the 5th team to do it, but the media made it out like they would be the only ones to accomplish that.

Congrats to the Giants. They were definitely the better play tonight. Though, it was a pretty uneventful and boring game until the final few minutes.

The half-time show was excellent because the wife had heard all week long that it was to be Paula Abdul, and she had already recorded it and was going to lip-sync. Tom Petty didn't exactly sound terrific, but you could clearly hear that it was a live performance. Lip-syncing is for losers.
Quote from JTbo :I did try to watch it, but there was too many breaks so I started to browse interweb pages and soon found out being driving RBR and after that some LFS, forgetting completely that I was watching that american football (where they don't use foot).

I guess one needs to watch that when very young to understand everything in it, here if we see one game in 2-3 years it perhaps can't really be so exciting, maybe one should know rules for example to enjoy of it?

But sure it looks like to be big show for those who have grown up with it, would be nice if such different sports were more shown in here.

The NFL produces a very dull game for the most part. It's very slow, especially for those of us north of the border who enjoy Hockey; a really face paced game, and the CFL which is much faster and more exciting the boring NFL series. I only began to have the slightest interest in football this year when I got out to see a Toronto Argos game. Seeing it in the flesh gets you excited. Once you learn the rules (or enough to at least understand what is going on) your interested does grow a bit. I'm still not a fan by any stretch, but I do love getting out to the Argos games. The atmosphere is quite enjoyable (especially for those of us who can't afford Leafs tickets *sniff* ).

That being said, watching football on TV in general is kinda boring. CFL isn't so bad, but without the sense of atmosphere it's pointless imho. The only excitement comes in the last few minutes when you see wild stuff, like the helmet catch and major upsets, like the Giants winning the superbowl.

Ryan

[EDIT] Oh yea, and Mike, you're welcome up here any time mate. Just don't cheer for the Penguins while you're in Toronto. You might not make it out alive
All I know is I'm glad that the Giants won. That almost-sack leading to the helmet catch was just incredible.
not really into "american football" being english, but i decided to give it a watch, it was great, im even considerin going to the wembley game. The only 3 games that i have watched are exciting, last years super bowl and the wembley game being the others. Gotta love those ny underdogs, being a neutral person i always want the underdogs to win, nice to see them come up good the end
I didn't even realise it was superbowl sunday or I would've watched it. I was always a Jets fan but rather see the Giants win than the Pats.

Glad to hear the half-time shows are still as shit as ever.
I was at a swim meet for the first half(what the hell? On Superbowl Sunday?) but got back for the good stuff. My brother had a friend at the stadium, and if we ever called him all you could here was screaming and fighting. Even 4 hours before the game started.

I was hoping to get a good look at what Brady thought of this, but all i got to see of the Pats at the end was the head coach getting pissed.
#14 - JTbo
Now I remember what it was that throw me to Interweb in first place, at beginning there was some Idols winner singing, couldn't we escape from that sh*te even in some football game? I mean what I had heard earlier was that there should be some really big name singing at beginning, not some realityshowcrap winner?

I guess that is good reason not to like that, ehm, thing whatever organizes those events.
Was a very sucky game, the patriot offensive team should be ashamed of how many times brady was sacked and how they couldn't give brady the time needed.
The Giants were great though, seen some great plays of them.
#16 - MR_B
@ British members: I thought the thread was about Pat Butcher

especially when the first line I read was "one handed helmet catch"

Pats blow it!
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG