The online racing simulator
No Signature, etc..
(35 posts, started )
No Signature, etc..
Hi,
i'Ve a problem with my signature and my "Avatar"..

I have an S2 License since 05/2007 but under my Avatar is shown
"Demo Racer"
- How can i change this ?

I can't post any Sig's..in the "User-CP" i canmark the ceckbox "
"show signatures" but i can put "no where" my sig-code..
(like this -> https://www.uer-racing.de/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=371 )

Can anyone help me ?

Best Regards
[UER]*Delgado alias "guzzi97"
You have to log in with your S2 license name (guzzi97)

Demo accounts can have neither avatars nor signatures.
You need to sign in with your S2 licence details, using your WEBpassword, which you can set on LFS.net.
Hello,

You are not supposed to register multiple accounts. If 'guzzi97' really is yours simply login using that account. Since that account is S2 licensed everything will most likely be resolved.

No, you can not change your username.
#5 - Jakg
Erm, the username he posted with has miles online...

Does your LFS account still work online? if so i'd mail the devs, if not then your S2 license has been closed (!) and i'd email the devs.
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by felplacerad
#6 - SamH
Have we covered this already at some point? You can't have two accounts on the forum. You have to use your guzzi account, not your Delgado account. We need to close the Delgado account.
Quote from Delgado :Hi,
i'Ve a problem with my signature and my "Avatar"..

I have an S2 License since 05/2007 but under my Avatar is shown
"Demo Racer"
- How can i change this ?

I can't post any Sig's..in the "User-CP" i canmark the ceckbox "
"show signatures" but i can put "no where" my sig-code..
(like this -> https://www.uer-racing.de/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=371 )

Can anyone help me ?

Best Regards
[UER]*Delgado alias "guzzi97"

#7 - Jakg
Or ignore what i post then...

He has an S2 account, Delgado. He has driven online. He has Miles RECORDED online.

His "S2 Account" now shows up as a Demo account.

This could be an error, or perhaps your S2 account was "cancelled" (perhaps because your Bank reversed the charges?).

Perhaps he just races under the nickname of Delgado OR "guizzi97". Nowhere did he say he had more than one account...
Quote from Jakg :Perhaps he just races under the nickname of Delgado OR "guizzi97". Nowhere did he say he had more than one account...

The "alias" in the original post suggests that there is a second account, combine that with no sig, etc. and you can make a pretty strong assumption.

Of course, assumptions are the mother of all **** ups.
#9 - SamH
I dunno, that's Vic's area. Either way, Delgado must go. guzzi97 is S2-licenced and can stay, Delgado is a 2nd account so it breaks the forum rules.
#10 - Jakg
Erm, what?

You've banned him on what, exactly? Being an ex-S2 user who (i'm guessing) has the same IP as another user (who could be related, or could be a second S2 account like several people here do) who he claims he is also known as.

I can think of LOTS of S2'ers with another S1/S2 account (and i think Sam knows exactly who i'm thinking of...) with no ban-hammer enacted on them - how is this different?

EDIT - Take Shaguar (aka now Kaw) who has 2 accounts (because he wanted a new username). Every now and again he uses the Shaguar account in game - if suddenly he lost the Shaguar account (which he paid for) and posted on the forum (using said account for clarity) wondering where the smeg his £24 license went, he'd get smited with ye might ban-hammer?

Quote from SamH :Have we covered this already at some point? You can't have two accounts on the forum. You have to use your guzzi account, not your Delgado account. We need to close the Delgado account.

Can you please point me to where this rule is established, because I don't understand this decision at all. Especially considering there are several known people who have S2 accounts (and with that also an S2 forum account) but post under a demo forum account.
the only truely bad mod decision ive seen on this board so far
as long as the user in question openly admits to having more than one account and neither one is used exclusively to throw abuse at others theres absolutely no reason to ban either account
Quote from SamH :I dunno, that's Vic's area. Either way, Delgado must go. guzzi97 is S2-licenced and can stay, Delgado is a 2nd account so it breaks the forum rules.

Delgado user was created before the guzzi97 user, so if anything it should be the other way round surely ?
#14 - SamH
Quote from AndroidXP :Can you please point me to where this rule is established, because I don't understand this decision at all. Especially considering there are several known people who have S2 accounts (and with that also an S2 forum account) but post under a demo forum account.

It's a forum rule and has been for a long time. There are exceptions, most of them being LFSers who picked their LFS and forum names before the two became linked (eg: J.B). It's the rule though.
Quote from Bean0 :Delgado user was created before the guzzi97 user, so if anything it should be the other way round surely ?

guzzi97 is S2 licenced but Delgado isn't, therefore Delgado goes and guzzi97 gets to stay
When people have multiple accounts, we 'close' whichever accounts they are no longer using and leave one open. In the case of people where one account is the one that is licenced, it is unusual for the demo account to be the one kept.

The only thing we don't like is that the only way to close an account is to ban it, which seems wrong as the user is still welcome to use the forums.

Edit: slow
#16 - SamH
Quote from Shotglass :the only truely bad mod decision ive seen on this board so far
as long as the user in question openly admits to having more than one account and neither one is used exclusively to throw abuse at others theres absolutely no reason to ban either account

What am I supposed to say? "I don't make up the rules, I just keep them", or what? It's not a MOD decision to have one account per user, it's a DEV decision. Complain to them if it's really an issue for you. One account per user is their rule.
#17 - Jakg
Quote from SamH :guzzi97 is S2 licenced but Delgado isn't, therefore Delgado goes and guzzi97 gets to stay

Erm, what?

Delgado WAS licensed and still seems to be, yet it says he's a demo racer on the forums...
Ah okay. Though, it would make sense to add this to the forum rules then, wouldn't it?
#19 - SamH
Quote from Jakg :Erm, what?

Delgado WAS licensed and still seems to be, yet it says he's a demo racer on the forums...

The reason why Delgado's account, if it WAS S2-licenced, was downgraded back to Demo Racer is a matter for the Devs to know, and them only.
#20 - Dru
Quote from Jakg :Erm, what?

Are you getting confused Jack?

Delgardo was the guys Demo account...

yesterday he was posting in the CTRA forum section and then his Delgardo username was 'demo' so when do yuo think it was actually 'licenced'?
#21 - SamH
Quote from AndroidXP :Ah okay. Though, it would make sense to add this to the forum rules then, wouldn't it?

Nope, quite honestly it's the last thing we need. You've linked an agreement, not a list of rules. We don't need to go down the old "it wasn't in the list of rules therefore it's okay" road, thanks awfully.
#22 - Jakg
Quote from Dru :Are you getting confused Jack?

yesterday he was posting in the CTRA forum section and then his Delgardo username was 'demo' so when do yuo think it was actually 'licenced'?

Because (for the 4th time i've posted this now) he has miles recorded online from S2 servers.
#23 - Nobo
Ever thought the "S2" Delgado is not the same Delgado as registred on this forum. But the "Froum" Delgado had the forum account earlier then the "S2" Delgado? And maybe thats why there is this rule?
I have no facts for that but thats what i think...
Quote from SamH :guzzi97 is S2 licenced but Delgado isn't, therefore Delgado goes and guzzi97 gets to stay

This is where the problem lies though.

If a user has played the demo for a while, registered on the forum, made posts etc and then buys S2, then why should he lose the forum account just because another is automagically created for him on the purchase of the license ?

Some people might not even realise that the 2nd account has been created for them.
Quote from Dru :Are you getting confused Jack?

From what I can see the Delgado account is a S2 account, how else would he have laps on S2 tracks or last race at Conedodgers on LFSW?
Attached images
01312008142101pp5.jpg

No Signature, etc..
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG