The online racing simulator
Drift: 90 degree entry into Meihan
(46 posts, started )
Nice drift But how do you get that XRT sound?
its a custom one i made, reminds me of a JZ engine with a big turbo for some reason
Hehe, can I have it?
#5 - epp_b
Honestly, what is this obsession with adding ~$#@y music to everything?
Quote from epp_b :Honestly, what is this obsession with adding ~$#@y music to everything?

to keep fags like urself from watching them.

usually i dont add music to them, then i got bored, was gonna add something dramatic for shits n giggles, then decided nah **** it ill chuck in some norma jean. dont like it, u know where the mute button is.

Quote from LeifOlav :Hehe, can I have it?

mm, im on my other comp at the moment, this one doesnt have lfs on it as its too slow, remind me later as i dont have access to the other one with all my LFS shit on it at the moment
Nice Drift!

I for one, loved the song :|
haha yeh, its really a love hate thing, i understand if people dont like it, i dont like using music which is of more of a select taste, but its not a professional vid, i was just having a bit of fun, filling some time in while i nurse my factured foot.
Quote from nisskid :to keep fags like urself from watching them.

usually i dont add music to them, then i got bored, was gonna add something dramatic for shits n giggles, then decided nah **** it ill chuck in some norma jean. dont like it, u know where the mute button is.

mm, im on my other comp at the moment, this one doesnt have lfs on it as its too slow, remind me later as i dont have access to the other one with all my LFS shit on it at the moment

I didn't really hate the music but it did get annoying after a few seconds... Main thing is, don't let comments like his upset you because all it does is make you look bad when you respond like that... Nice drift!
very nice drifting, looks like most of the real entries on that track, do you mind posting the layout?
meh, nothing special, just a 90 entry, it's not a "full 90" through the corner which could impress...
plus I had to turn off the sound right after I heard the music
Quote from WackoZacco :very nice drifting, looks like most of the real entries on that track, do you mind posting the layout?

yeh, ill do that at the same time as the sound, track isnt finished anywhere near like my other tracks, but its got the general gist of Meihan which was modeled as close as i could get off footage of the track, mostly incar stuff.
Quote from squidhead :meh, nothing special, just a 90 entry, it's not a "full 90" through the corner which could impress...
plus I had to turn off the sound right after I heard the music

pretty sure i said 90 degree entry, drifting that angle around a corner is impossible with a regular car, physics dont allow it. watch meihan drift practise with people such as kuroi who are doing similar entries with the modified knuckles which allow a lot more lock, its a certain style, u either like it or not. because im such a good person, here's a link to a vid of Meihan praccy, watch out for Kuroi in the OneVia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w4bqfGdFLg
Quote from BigTime :I didn't really hate the music but it did get annoying after a few seconds... Main thing is, don't let comments like his upset you because all it does is make you look bad when you respond like that... Nice drift!

haha dw, they didnt upset me. cheers for the nice comments.
Thank you very much for the XRT sound
Quote from nisskid :haha dw, they didnt upset me. cheers for the nice comments.

Quote from squidhead :Which as I pointed out is not impressive enough

Physics or Skill?
Watch the beginning http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8AtbP5UCks

that is effectively an entry, he is using the momentum to do that drift, not power, massive difference. when i say physics, i mean the act of using the rear wheels to continue a drift, this is impossible as the rear wheels spin forwards which projects the car forward, we play on the border of that when we power through a corner, but theres a limit where we can sustain a slide as the wheels are not simply pushing us in the direction to where we wanna go.

now as i said, what he is doing is an entry, the corner kinks around, he uses the forwards momentum to hold the car at a 90 degree angle, exactly what i did. now im not gonna deny it was a longer slide, but the key to my entry isnt the length or even the angle really, its the precision. If u watched that vid i posted up of Meihan drift practise ull see that it is a technique to push up against as close to the wall as possible. this shows control and precision. doing a 90 degree entry isnt anything special, holding it just touching a wall on the other hand is.

i dont think i need to go into it much more, but theres 2 main ways of maintaining a drift, one is using momentum, and the other is using power to pull u through the corner, as i said, what he did was merely using the momentum, same as me, just because his has a kink at the start of his entry doesnt mean anything.
I see where you're pointing with this, but an Entry is something you do before clipping the apex, and his drift (it is a drift, don't you think?) was right through the offramp link of SO, plus he used his power to maintain his line and trajectory, I believe it IS a fullscale drift, not just an entry
technicalities, in the end, i could have a kink in my course and call it a drift, but it doesnt really make it harder or easier.
oh, and btw, in Japan drifters are starting to practise entries and back off through the corner to save tyres as powersliding through the corner is the easier part, the entry is the hard part. we see it a lot at places like Meihan, but its neglected at places like irwindale or what ever those places are over in america where they just clutch kick it through the corner and powerslide. its a different style, and imo extremely entertaining.
nice vid!music is on mute!lol,good precision also,nice momentum usage,as u pointed out also!
Quote from nisskid :oh, and btw, in Japan drifters are starting to practise entries and back off through the corner to save tyres as powersliding through the corner is the easier part, the entry is the hard part. we see it a lot at places like Meihan, but its neglected at places like irwindale or what ever those places are over in america where they just clutch kick it through the corner and powerslide. its a different style, and imo extremely entertaining.

requires more car feeling also imo.
thanks mate
nice drift even when it looks like you touched the wall a bit.

(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG