The online racing simulator
LFS Karting Meet No.4 - Poll 2 - Karting Duration
(30 posts, closed, started )

Poll : How long to spend in the karts? Affects the price!

30 min practise + 30 min qualy + 60 min race = £61.69
30 min practise/qualy + 60 min race = £52.88
30 min practise + 30 min qualy + 90 min race = £70.50
30 min practise/qualy + 90 min race = £61.69
Something else (please post!) = £???
LFS Karting Meet No.4 - Poll 2 - Karting Duration
NOTE: This poll is only for people seriously considering participating in the LFS UK Karting Meet 2008.

Time to put your money where you mouth is, if we want more time karting, it's going to cost extra. Please vote for your preference from the options above.

Please note the racing is in teams of two, so you will personally get half of the seat time as described above. All driving is done in 15 minute stints. So you are choosing from 45, 60 or 75 mins individual seat time for your money. That's roughly £1 a minute.
I better get into shape! The one and only time I ran karts I was dead tired after ten minutes!!!
Are those prices each? I'd be knackered after a few minutes!
Might as well make a day of it, I guess.
I voted for:
30 min practise + 30 min qualy + 90 min race.

Might as well make a day of it, I guess.
Quote from mcintyrej :Are those prices each?

Yes, the pricing is on an individual basis. Added a little more detail to the first post.
60 mins race is ideal, and 60 mins arsing about / practicing / qualifying is ok too.
30 min practise + 30 min qualy + 90 min race = £70.50

Was meant to vote for that one as I only noticed the / in the second option down when it was too late. But yes, its a once-a-year event so lets make it fun!
You noob, you could of swung it into our favour
xWolfx - moved your vote across. Removed Harjun's vote as he has not posted showing interest in attending.
I've voted for the longest stint. I just know I'm not going to be able to move my arms after this, so someone will have to lift my pint to my mouth for me if you don't mind
ou really as t to mess about in a kart for an hour and then race? Pfff, 20 mins qualify then race! And no I never raced the track before... Just wanna race not get fit!
Quote from Becky Rose :ou really as t to mess about in a kart for an hour and then race? Pfff, 20 mins qualify then race! And no I never raced the track before... Just wanna race not get fit!

Hehe, same here, I think 30 minutes in a kart is all I could handle right now =)

Will have some knackered people by the end of the day =)
I like the idea of seperate practise and qualy sessions as it means you can discuss line and driving tips between ourselves before making it matter, and plenty of time to get used to kart to try and make for a closer, more interesting race.
Just in case you're wondering why I haven't voted, I was never planning on doing the actual karting...just turning up for the craic
I've had second thoughts on this Bob, I realise that I am an old git and remember almost having to call an ambulance after my last 30 min Karting session (OK slight exaggeration :tilt. If you wouldn't mind mate could you please change my vote to the shortest practise and race session.

My LFS team needs me and I would not like to have to make them all buy black ties for my funeral and leave them short of racers
I'm going to need to do some weight training for this one, the last time I did 2 hours straight in a kart I was *ruined* the next day.

That said it was one of the top 2 hours of my life thus far, and as such vote for the max race length - when you're battling for position, time goes all too fast!

Is there a way to subscribe to threads relavent to this? I don't have time to frequent the forums much and I'm concerned about missing threads crucial to this event.

nb.
I've got a Formula Renault rag round Thruxton in 2 weeks time - so if I never post again, it's because I apexed early.
Quote from z3r0c00l :
Is there a way to subscribe to threads relavent to this? I don't have time to frequent the forums much and I'm concerned about missing threads crucial to this event.

#18 - mr_x
Based on my (poor) stamina, and lack of money (as always), I've voted for the cheapest option there.

If it is the most expensive option then i'll just come along as an official spectator.

A job on minimum wage doesn't help at all.
Quote from AlienT. :I've had second thoughts on this Bob, I realise that I am an old git and remember almost having to call an ambulance after my last 30 min Karting session (OK slight exaggeration :tilt. If you wouldn't mind mate could you please change my vote to the shortest practise and race session.

My LFS team needs me and I would not like to have to make them all buy black ties for my funeral and leave them short of racers

you get knackered from using the G25, never mind real karting!

I do think though that it's better to have a scenario that allows everyone to participate rather than just those with more $$$ to spend
#20 - AMB
I'd be interested since I race karts over the UK, i came 4th in the Welsh Championship and 3rd in the LKRC Championship, if anyone wants to team up just post it here , also what track would it be at?
Quote from Bean0 :Thread Tools > Subscribe

I've done that :dunce: I mean threads in this forum starting with LFS Karting Meet as I can't subscribe threads I havn't seen!

Quote from AMB :I'd be interested since I race karts over the UK, i came 4th in the Welsh Championship and 3rd in the LKRC Championship, if anyone wants to team up just post it here , also what track would it be at?

Awesome - real karters for competition. I've always aspired to Karting, but I have to be self sufficient and attend university, leaving weekend time as I'm at work, and no money as I only have time to work at weekends! That said, this sounds worth a day of leave and saving up some cash for.
Quote from AlienT. :I've had second thoughts on this Bob, I realise that I am an old git and remember almost having to call an ambulance after my last 30 min Karting session (OK slight exaggeration :tilt. If you wouldn't mind mate could you please change my vote to the shortest practise and race session.

It's OK, you don't have to fabricate a story about being old and useless, I appreciate Scots are tight as ducks arses and you really just want the cheapest option.

Quote from z3r0c00l :I'm going to need to do some weight training for this one, the last time I did 2 hours straight in a kart I was *ruined* the next day.

Note that 2 hours of karting only involes you in the seat for 1 hour, in 4x 15 minutes stints. Much easier than 2 hours straight.

Quote from StableX :I do think though that it's better to have a scenario that allows everyone to participate rather than just those with more $$$ to spend

Yes, I agree, but at the same time, if people are coming a long way, what's another £10 or £20 to make the day more worthwhile. It would be really cheap if we only did a half hour session but then who would bother coming? Hence the poll to find the most popular balance.

Quote from AMB :Also what track would it be at?

You're welcome to come along. I'll add you to the list of interested racers. If you check the main thread linked to in the first post, that has all the details.

Quote from z3r0c00l :I've done that :dunce: I mean threads in this forum starting with LFS Karting Meet as I can't subscribe threads I havn't seen!

Unlike last time, there should only be the need for 1 more thread (start time). All other discussion can stay in the main thread, all important information will be in the first post.
Quote from Bob Smith :It's OK, you don't have to fabricate a story about being old and useless, I appreciate Scots are tight as ducks arses and you really just want the cheapest option.

How do you know how tight Fusion Ducks arse is....you dodgy character (yes I know he's joined Mercury now).

Anway I thought as you were such a wonderful chap you were inviting everyone to this meet and paying all expenses as well? What d'ya mean we have to pay ourselves?
Placed my vote.

p.s: Someone remove harjun's vote...*sigh*
#25 - AMB
To make it cheaper we could obviously be split up into teams, say a experianced racer with an unexperianced and they share the cost, so it's cheaper and it's more fair on all the drivers rather than having two experianced racers teaming up and dominating.

but then again i'm not sure how the pricing system is worked, so it might not work
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG