The online racing simulator
The return to LFS
(6 posts, started )
The return to LFS
Hello everybody!
I used to play this game like crazy back in 03 I think it was.
At least before I was conscripted into the army.
Great fun it was.

So a couple of days ago I decied to try and get back in, even though I dont own a wheel yet. Try to do my best with just the keyboard.

I bought S2 (I dont remeber my account info from 03) and headed off to the server section.

Now I realise things might have evolved since I used to play but I hoped it would be alittle like the good old fun I used to have.

I am a folkrace driver IRL and so I enjoy Rallycross/folkrace courses the most compared to regular race tracks.
To my suprise it was almost impossible to find a Rallycross server online. I found a ton of Drift servers and some CTRA/CD racing servers.

What I remeber most from 03 was how much fun I had driving the Blackwood rallycross course in reverse with the XR GT.
Now I have to go to the Demo section for a few Rallycross serves and they dont allow the reverse mode.

So whats up? Noone driving rallycross anymore? Should I just surrender and start doing laps on the CTRA servers? (any links to any setups for the tracks the CTRA servers are hosting would be great. I am all out of setups aswell since my return)

Or should I set up my own dedicated server? I used to have that back in the old days aswell. So I am wondering if there are dedicated server software for linux out there. I am not about to install a desktop OS on one of my servers
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9572 details how to get the windows dedi running on Linux, under wine. You can successfully run LFS without any X server components installed at all, if you compile wine from scratch with no X development libraries installed on the system (most distros package wine with an X server as a dependancy - whether this bothers you or not I don't know). There is no native linux server, sadly.
Welcome back.

There's not a whole lot of RX servers, but I guess that might be because there's not that many RX tracks to choose from. I for one would love to see some more of them added in the future, as well as true off-road courses. However, that'd be some time off.

http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/ - that's where you'll find the setups most people use. They might need a bit of tweaking to suit your driving style or to get the tyres to last more than a couple of laps, but most of them are pretty good.
Your probably better off just asking for setups from the fast guys when your on the CTRA servers.

Welcome back
A bit off-topic..

I used to play A LOT during these days (years ago, LFS still in very early days). I think I did very well at BL1 with the FWD, being able to compete with the best guys around at that time. Hope to see them still around sometimes.

I returned back this year, got the S2 and now struggling back. The other guys are all like 5 seconds faster, but I don't care. I know it's supposed to be this way. No shortcuts, just practice
I'll have a dedicated 100mbit server up soon.
Will be driving rallycross of course :P
Lets hope someone wants to play.

The return to LFS
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG