The online racing simulator
Does CTRA need more servers?
?
No
#3 - Nobo
No.
No. The ones it has don't get full up yet.
#5 - Bean0
No.
No

I just wish they were not as laggy as they have been recently for me!!
No.
No.
I get the feeling the OP's question has been answered.
ern...................................... let me think

ehhh................................ no
definately
No, though I believe the car classes need to be seperated. Especially on CTRA Race 2 where there are just too many and too different cars.

A logical step from CTRA race 1 with XFG/XRG would be FXO/XRT/RB4. In some sense the same as the XFG/XRG combo, but a bit more setup options and powerfull. The LX6 is just a step too big at once and it doesn't fit the rest. The RAC and FZ50, don't know, they just don't fit the picture.

If I may add, the tracks are also too big. Allthough one has some experience from Race 1 in setting up the car, the tracks at race 2 are just too complex at this stage of driver development.

My personal opinion offcourse, not facts
#14 - Dru
no

And with respect to the above comments about which cars on each server - i think they are a perfect choice
Damnit

I mean, are you guys sure? Do you have any CTRA in US-East? Thats where my server is.
Quote from nrgetik :Damnit

I mean, are you guys sure? Do you have any CTRA in US-East? Thats where my server is.

Adding another CTRA server wont change anything...
Well, that depends. There are people in the US that would like to play on a CTRA server but perhaps they don't because they don't have good ping. I was just saying that maybe if you don't have a server or two in US - East that it might bring more people to the CTRA community if you got one..
=/ I live in eastern canada and CTRA works fine so...

No. They don't need a new server yet... Maybe once all of the current ones get filled up.
yea, i know it works - but do you ping lower than 90ms to it?
hey i can play whenever i want.. and i dont have a single problem
yea but you're in mexico. and i know you don't have problems, but what about your ping?
I was racing Americans tonight, they were lag free.
We have several americans and canadian in the team. And they dont seem to have a problem. And they are in the team ventrillo aswell. Also Xfire opend aswell. So it must be your connection for some reason.
Guys, you're completely missing my point here.

I don't lag terribly on your servers, everything works fine. But, it would be noticeably smoother if I pinged less than 100ms to your servers. Which isn't really possible when they're across the Atlantic ocean.

My point is, a lot of people (Americans) won't even consider joining a server that's over 100ms ping, or even over 90 for that matter. So they'd never know if it worked alright or not; it's about the stigma that high ping game servers carry inherently. I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, if there were a US-East CTRA server, it would draw a lot more Americans.

If you guys don't think so, that's fine, but still nobody has answered my question of whether or not there is a US-East CTRA server.
Yes

Nah, they don't need more, they already have very good servers.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG