The online racing simulator
IMO a rally co-driver isn't such a bad idea (even with voice), if have him sitting next to you (extra weight); would be quite a problem with the single-seaters though.
Quote from herki :IMO a rally co-driver isn't such a bad idea (even with voice), if have him sitting next to you (extra weight); would be quite a problem with the single-seaters though.

Takuma Sato has team-radio telling him what's happening in starts. Maybe something like that? At the starts, there would be a voice telling you where's coming drivers, so you don't hit'em.

(of course, when I'm racing, I'm having ppl passing me from every direction..)
Quote from Qurpiz :Takuma Sato has team-radio telling him what's happening in starts. Maybe something like that? At the starts, there would be a voice telling you where's coming drivers, so you don't hit'em.

(of course, when I'm racing, I'm having ppl passing me from every direction..)

you can use the pitspotter (here) for that
I personally think it's a very good idea.

I am trying to improve myself on Blackwood currently and I am aware of mistakes I am making all the time. I think small notes poping up before the corners I have problem with would help me. For example reminding me not to cut the corner or going slower on that one.
It could be even the sound notes from my co-driver like in WRC. A simple tutor telling me how fast should I go and how should I make the corner. It could be limited for example only to practice mode or lessons.

Maybe more practiced drivers dont need them but It would be very helpful for people starting learning to drive.
As a lot of other feature ideas, this one already exists - apart from the fact it doesn't, read InSim.txt
Well, in my opinion these notes would only have a use for people who are completely new to the track and/or LFS itself. Personally, I know a track good enough to remember what corner comes next after 10 laps at most, and to be honest, if you really need to read a note to know the upcoming corner's details, you won't be very fast anyways.

Your full attention should go to driving the correct line and interpreting the feedback you get from FFB/sound so you can drive the car at the limit. Actually, that's not 100% correct either, because you shouldn't think that much at all. The fastest times are usually archieved when you start entering a trance-like state and stop caring about the laptimes. As soon as you read something or do some active thinking you're out of that state again mostly resulting in slower laps shortly after.

But if it really helps beginners, why not?
Yes very true AndoidXp

Some racers are naturally good. But theese are just a few. All the others like me, wanting to be better at some track have to spend hours practicing so that his racing skills emerge. This means learning every mm of road, pushing every last 1000, knowing evrery points to reset throtle, every breaking spot. And this by the way is racing...this is the best this game has to offer, the true cenario in wich you are under your best time, pushing in the last split, having the mistake free so far, lap, and thinking there is another way of pulling that last turn off.....well sometimes there isn't...so get a grip and get a new lap.

So no need to get in to a serious race before you cand handle this factors.

No notes needed by me...

Sorry
I think it sounds good although id change it slightly, more to a telemetry style. For example you race balck wood in the xf gti, first corner i take anywhere between about 42 - 49 mph. You race the track for set amount of laps and afterwards can view telemetry. So you can see on lap 2 you took the T1 at 49 mph where all other laps where slower. Same for T2, T3 etc etc.

I no this wouldnt give you braking points but you could see how fast youve taken toe corner on one lap and then aim for that speed every lap.

To make understanding easier ive included a little picture of what i mean.
Attached images
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Observe my horrid creation

Perhaps i missed something, but this was the only way i found to display a local message in multiplayer.

Well, anyway, it's awful, but it almost works.
Attached files
notes.zip - 1.2 MB - 172 views
Quote from marsden1002 :We dont have these in cars do we, when going down a long road at 70mph and then comes a corner, Slow Down, Corner to be taken at 50MPH max.

I think the OP's idea is a good one. Not everyone will want to use it, but that's fine. The other day I was helping someone out in their efforts to learn Aston Historic -- they were braking way too early in four key places, and it would have been a much faster process if I could have swapped a notes file with them.
Quote from mepresident :Yes very true AndoidXp

Some racers are naturally good. But theese are just a few. All the others like me, wanting to be better at some track have to spend hours practicing so that his racing skills emerge. This means learning every mm of road, pushing every last 1000, knowing evrery points to reset throtle, every breaking spot. And this by the way is racing...this is the best this game has to offer, the true cenario in wich you are under your best time, pushing in the last split, having the mistake free so far, lap, and thinking there is another way of pulling that last turn off.....well sometimes there isn't...so get a grip and get a new lap.

So no need to get in to a serious race before you cand handle this factors.

No notes needed by me...

Sorry

Pedro KiLy diz:
dá cumprimentos meus ao Mepresident

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG