The online racing simulator
Need help to convince a friend to get him into LFS
Hi

I want to give you a pleasure to spill valid arguments to have a car racer game fan friend to be converted and convinced to get into LFS:

Actually, he likes NFS, Toca, TDU and all that bs for brainless kids.. Knowingly that todays selling factor for a car racing game is maybe based on 95% of its visual aspect (graphics), so thats why we see all the wusses like Electronic Arts and many other big game publishers producing "nice looking" car games spending most of their budget into buying licenses from car makers and releasing the games with extreme poor simulation performance etc.. (latest example i tried is: TDU)

As for LFS concerns, i don't know what their deal was to include the BMW (hopefully, it was a courtesy free agreement from BMW which is actually a good example for the others)..

soo, how better is LFS compared to (if it ever can be compared) to NFS, TOCA, RF, TDU etc .??
Have him play it. Either he likes it or he doesn't. He has free reign to choose what he wants to play. As long as he's aware of its existence, he's fine. One day he'll mature and settle in like the rest of us.
If you have a wheel invite him over, if you don't keep him away from LFS until you do have a wheel, and then invite him.

If he likes arcade-type racers, then he will HATE LFS on a keyboard, mouse or joystick. If he plays with a wheel he will be a TON more appreciative for it as a sim.
With every sim I try, I know within one lap if I like it or not. netKar Pro and RBR struck me quickly like that, but LFS was the only one that - immediately - made me laugh, because the car's behaviour was so uncanny. And that's why I'm still here.

But if he prefers Hollywood-style car games, rather than "motorsport"-style car games, that's his choice.
I'd try to make him realize what would be left in those arcade games gameplay-wise if the graphics and sounds were simplified to early 90's level for example. Yes, exactly. Nothing. Those games are as much related to driving cars than whack-the-joystick sports games on C64 were to real running.

But like the others have said, a motorsport fan isn't necessary a simulator fan.
#7 - aoun
All my mates perfer nfs n shit like that.. they are into games, not sims. Which is fine.. i love games too.. gt4 is a top game 2 play around with. They come over.. they are syked about my g25. because they know live for speed is the real thing. with leather wheel and a clutch pedal. When they are all over. they play this non stop.

Its funny. They love it heaps because of how real it is, the xrt n shit and the g25. Though, they would pefer nfs pro street.We are teenagers. We perfer games over sims anyday.

IMO, i say bring ricer cars around. Bring STI's and Evos and all that bullcrap...when theres ENGINE damage, SUSP damage, peices flying. cars scratch very easily etc. + no car resets. If we had real cars now.. it would bring alot of people to LFS. But LFS is soo forgiving, they could crash it and keep going. Even prostreet is VERY forgiving.. and that game has a good crash physics engine. Ricers would hit a wall at 150kph side on.. and drive away clean with small steering damage. We would have more noobs and dic*heads on the servers.

The Day LFS has crash physics sooo close to life, bring out whatever car. Ricers will get syked and try it. WHen they crash at 150kph side on.. and end up on the side of the road.. they will back off next time. and they will still find a way to spin out and crash. And if they stop crashing... is that a bad thing? More racers.. More racing..

Dont get me wrong BTW, i perfer sims over games anyday. I dont really like NFS, TDU and crappy shit like that. I dont even like STIs and evos. I hate those cars. I just think though, with cars that are in NFS, will bring over people from NFS, but only the good drivers will stay, and the crap ones will stay with NFS. That is, with all the crash physics and other physics at top notch level.

I guess you could convince him by saying, if you want pure realism, try LFS. If you dont care, stick to your la la land NFS . Let him decide.
Quote from aoun :The Day LFS has crash physics sooo close to life, bring out whatever car. Ricers will get syked and try it. WHen they crash at 150kph side on.. and end up on the side of the road.. they will back off next time. and they will still find a way to spin out and crash. And if they stop crashing... is that a bad thing? More racers.. More racing..

Hmm. I like racing against people who've been watching (or participating in) motorsports for a while already. People who understand how to race. Understanding enough to avoid crashing doesn't mean you'll be welcome in a race unless you also understand how racing works.
#9 - aoun
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hmm. I like racing against people who've been watching (or participating in) motorsports for a while already. People who understand how to race. Understanding enough to avoid crashing doesn't mean you'll be welcome in a race unless you also understand how racing works.

Yeh, well its abit hard to enjoy this game but if you dont understand how racing works. I agree with you. But i didnt think of that either. I know theres much more to it then just skill to make it to the finish. I guess i just didnt think of it at the time .
whats wrong with evos LOL i happen to drive one, one of the best cars on the road...

have opened quite a few different cars in the past and msut say the power you get and the cornering on the evo are second to none..

guess we all like different things tho for me i dont see the point of a lot of V8 powered cars, all that engine and not that much power.. even better car to point out is the BMW 850 its a has a v12 engine that makes a tiny 300bhp hehe.. tho im sure you could get more power out of it quite easy

anyway as for this game yeah you really need to be into cars and racing to like this, it will put a lot of people off that the games does not have that many official cars and no offical tracks. ONe guy I got into the game races minis over here in the UK and at first did not like the idea of the game not having official tracks but as once he played the game he loved it.
It depends on what the person likes. The fast pace in arcade racers, no matter how unrealistic, is part of the draw. What would encourage a player unfamiliar with simualtion type games to buy or play LFS. First there's convincing him to play any type of simulation game, then convincing him that LFS physics and online play outweigh the lack of graphics, engine sounds, and assists. LFS is a niche market game, the best for some players, but not all.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG