The online racing simulator
Wheelspin - Lack of? Not a drifting question !
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but there is something funny going on with the grass on the Y patch that I've noticed driving the GTI.

If you take a corner a little wide and run on to the grass with a rear wheel, the car spins out really easily. Which is fine except, (and this is something I noticed on the X patch too), when running on the grass with the front wheels you get little to no wheelspin, (even in low gears), and you don't seem to loose enough pace/distance to someone on the road.

Also, along the same lines I went in to the gravel one time and even in first gear the wheels just wouldn't spin !! ,(in fact the revs wouldn't rise full stop when in gear), I had to keep putting the car in to neutral and then dumping it in to gear at high revs to get it to spin up.
I agree. In all the car's I drive, I have to hit the clutch hold it then let it out and it still doesnt really spin. You can do it on the road and you have to hit the clutch multiple times to get the tyres to spin =\
That makes doing burnouts all teh way down BL Pitlane fun , You have to TRY to spin teh wheels.

Why do i keep writing teh instead of the?
Because E is before H in the alphabet?
Quote from gezmoor :If you take a corner a little wide and run on to the grass with a rear wheel, the car spins out really easily. Which is fine except, (and this is something I noticed on the X patch too), when running on the grass with the front wheels you get little to no wheelspin, (even in low gears), and you don't seem to loose enough pace/distance to someone on the road.

Well the XFG is hardly limited for traction. Outside of first gear you'd need to have less than half the grip normally available on the road to even be able to chirp (or not, if on grass, you know what I mean) those tyres.

Quote from gezmoor :Also, along the same lines I went in to the gravel one time and even in first gear the wheels just wouldn't spin !! ,(in fact the revs wouldn't rise full stop when in gear), I had to keep putting the car in to neutral and then dumping it in to gear at high revs to get it to spin up.

The resistance to rotating a tyre in the gravel may well be (far) too high. I can't say I've ever spun a car into gravel thought, so don't have first hand experience.
I spun a 97 Pontiac Gran-Am in gravel (that looks like what we have in LFS) off a road in New Mexico, and there was no resistance like we have in LFS. It also took maybe twice as long to dig itself to a stop.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG