The online racing simulator
Tools to design cars/tracks?
(56 posts, started )
#1 - Migz
I've seen it on other racing simulators, so i thought maybe we could have it here
It would DEFINETLY bring alot more members if they knew that they could download more tracks and cars on here, and if they could even make their own.
Although this should only be limited to s1/s2 no demo'ers being aloud to get extra cars!

But maybe if this is too much work for the developers, maybe instead of them making tools, they have a competition, to find someone whos very good at doing 3D/scenes cars, and then they take like the best 4-5 people and teach them how to take that 3d model and put it in lfs.

And then those people can release their work.

If you could do this on lfs, then im pretty sure you would get alot more members, if you were able to download extra cars from the lfs forum, then i wouldve bought s2 a long time ago.

Good idea, bad idea? What you think?

I would make awesome batmobile what outmaneuvers every other car in the game and join server & pwn ppl!!11

And if everyone could make tracks, it means that 99% of them would be total crap.
I think you should have searched, because here was just a thread on this the other day and is still nothing new, please check the log first before making a suggestion
it would be a good idea if the mods were good , as stated you will get over 90 % of stupid mods like 200 mile drag strip or a car that goes 2000 mph and it wouldent be a sim then it would be racer , nfs , stuff like that , and i do NOT wanna se lfs go like that .
+1000

but forget it to post this in this forum... nobody here is willing to accept the fact, that there can be much more achieved in a year then one! "new" car and a plain track variation....
Go on then, achieve more. I really cannot wait to play your simulator, that within 1 year has LFS beating physics, AND you make a car per day, and a track per month. Bring it on. (Can we have left hand bends too?)
#7 - Migz
What the hell, why are you all being so negative especially you tristancliffe at what point did i say that the other simulator was better then lfs? NO i didnt u tit, i said that on other simulators you can do that. And well then do the other option i said, the developers pick a few people and they design them, that way we dont have people making lots of stupid cars that out manouever everyone.
And it would still attract more people if they could download extra cars.

Yeah im sorry if i seem insulting, but i feel insulted by all of you thinking negativly of it straight away...........
We are insulting you because you don't know how to use the search function.
#9 - Migz
Yeah, well oh well, i didnt end of the world? No i think not?
But now i will use the search function before posting, thank you all very much, and now more on topic?
:spvader:
Allmost evry1 want new cars and tracks
Its cool if any1 could make a tool we can make it and ONLY try in singleplayer

#12 - _ak
GPL had lots of addons
Many great real world tracks, '65 mod and so on
#13 - Migz
Quote from aroX123 :Allmost evry1 want new cars and tracks
Its cool if any1 could make a tool we can make it and ONLY try in singleplayer

Thats an idea, have it so we can only use the mods in single player, that way we dont have people complaining that they're getting outmanouevered by a batmobile.
+1 for tracks (because Im doing lot of layouts) . Cars For drift y other stuff 5000hp NOO !
#15 - Migz
Quote from mrminor28 :+1 for tracks (because Im doing lot of layouts) . Cars For drift y other stuff 5000hp NOO !

We could have classes for the cars?
So like a normal hatchback which is limited to a certain hp that is realistic, then we have a gtr hatchback witch is still limited but is higher?
ect ect for all the other cars.

And it would be really good if we could design tracks because id design the initial D drift track, even though i cant drift, it would still be a amazing track
+ 1 for offline tracks , - 1000 for online cos you will get some bad mods , but offline it doesent matter
#17 - _ak
Nobody would race shitty track online so it's safe to allow online addon tracks.
Same for cars. Server may allow only one or limited number of cars so no selfmade batmobiles.
#18 - Migz
I was just thinking, it would be cool for videos if you could make your own car.
Lets say someone made a batmobile, and they can only use it offline, then they can make a lil video using it, who knows if done right it could be hilarious lol.

And yeah for the servers the person who owns the server could select like 3 custom cars and then people who join can use one of those 3 if they chose.
#19 - 5haz
Quote from Gekkibi :-1

I would make awesome batmobile what outmaneuvers every other car in the game and join server & pwn ppl!!11

Erm, incase you didnt notice, servers can regulate what cars can run on a server.

Ok so what I think LFS needs is for modding that can run in single player only (or their use can be regulated online carefully), that should be introduced after LFS reaches its full development, probrably when S3 gets released.

Seiriously I sometimes think its rather daft, in previous threads those opposed to modding have presented valid arguments against, but those for modding have thought up simple solutions to thses problems, yet the cynics still wont listen, they just carry on posting the same arguments but not listening to peoples suggestions to solve them, very frustrating

When S3 gets released and LFS reaches it ultimate form, it will hit a brick wall because of no modding, where its potential will be limited because of cynicism, and LFS will be killed off, what a shame. Its either LFS becomes 'just another N2003', or with modding it will still be going 7 years later like GPL.

And besides, you can choose which tracks to download, no one will make you download 'crap' tracks, maybe some of you who are doubting need to make use of the search engine yourselves to find the good tracks

Case closed.
Quote from 5haz :Erm, incase you didnt notice, servers can regulate what cars can run on a server.

Case closed.

Yes, I might have been a little bit too shortsighted.
I change my opinion:
+/- 0 to offline custom cars and tracks
-1 to online custom cars and tracks
#21 - 5haz
Quote from Gekkibi :Yes, I might have been a little bit too shortsighted.
I change my opinion:
+/- 0 to offline custom cars and tracks
-1 to online custom cars and tracks

Its ok, its just a bit frustrating how every time people make suggestions into it, everyone seems to come in and strongly disagree, yet no one has actually looked into it to see wether it will work out or not.

Yes , modding can be bad, but it can be made good, yet people seem to want to sit there with their cynical hats on saying 'ooohh errr no that wont work' instead of giving it a go and making changes so that modding does not become harmful for the sim.

In the long run, modding will help LFS massively, however, it must be carefully implemented to stop people taking the mick so that it doesnt hurt LFS's reputation.

If you never try then youll never know.

Joe
Racer is a good example what free editing can do: "Broken" (D&D phrase, means that something is so overly powerful that it unbalances everything else) cars aren't realistic. Luckily, it is not online game.
#23 - 5haz
Hmm, people arent listening, not free editing, but editing that is carefully controlled!

Yes racer is a big overgrown lump of things, but thats because there has been no attempt to control modding whatsoever, just a tool to create a track and a car would be nice in LFS after S3
-1 , i like LFS like it is

I hope in the future (or next?s patch?s) we have nurburgring
________
Honda Z50M
Quote from Gekkibi :-1

And if everyone could make tracks, it means that 99% of them would be total crap.

They sure would! However, modding isn't new to the gaming world. Crap tracks/mods/servers don't get played. Servers that host good mods (The CTRA Servers are so heavily modified that it's a mod in all but name.) Get played. "UberPwner's World of Batmobiles 'n Stuff" Server would be empty. A Server that hosted great content like Laguna Seca and Nuremberg as well as some excellent new cars - would be very busy indeed.

Modding makes so much sense for LFS especially. I can't understand why it's not being done already. Why would you WANT to limit the effort put into the game to two people when so many in the community would gladly donate thousands of man-hours to making a better, more realistic, and enjoyable game.

+1

(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG