The online racing simulator
Fern Bay "can't open JAskyday1"
(4 posts, started )
When I try to load any layout of Fern Bay (clear day- the other's work fine) I get this error message three times, and when I load the track the sky is totally white and the reflections on the car aren't working properly.

I'm assuming this is referring to a missing DDS but I can't seem to do anything to fix it. I've entirely replaced my DDS directory with one from a fresh download and still get the error.

There is no JAskyday1.dds, though there is a JAskyday1_E.dds. Renaming this file to JAskyday1.dds doesn't fix it either, nor does renaming another sky dds file to JAskyday1.dds or JAskyday1_E.dds. The fresh download archive only contains JAskyday1_E.dds so I'm assuming that is all there is supposed to be.

The only thing I've yet to try is a full reinstall. Should that become necessary what should I backup so as not to lose my setups, downloaded skins, or other such things?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. (Oh, running patch Y by the way on an nVidia 6800, driver v162.18- I'd rather not upgrade to the newest drivers as they are incompatible with GPL and I highly doubt that is the problem anyways.)

Every other track works fine.

Regards,

Aero

ed: Oh, JAskyday1_E.dds is 131,200 bytes

ed2: It might help if someone would be willing to do me a favor and have a look in their DDS folder to see if there is a file called JAskyday1.dds.

I'm not sure how long I've had this problem, I think up until now I've just been foolishly (clear day) assuming it was just overcast down there in Jamaica.

Does the _E part stand for evening? The filesize might help too. This has got me pretty stumped, I think I might just spend an activation to see how if it works in a totally fresh install.
heres the only dds I have in my install with similar name.

SD.
Attached files
JAskyday1_E.dds - 341.5 KB - 177 views
Thanks Dave. Still no go, although your file has a different size than mine.

I suppose it would just be easiest to reinstall and see if that fixes it. I appreciate your help all the same.
If you have lots of addon files, I would recomend installing to a parallel folder and leave you original LFS folder intact, then you can manually move or copy files across until you come across the problem again that way you dont lose a thing

Goodluck

SD.

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG