The online racing simulator
F12 Damage repair option
(5 posts, started )
F12 Damage repair option
I had a good search and I don't think this has been mentioned before but appologies if it has...

I noticed that when you make a setup change during the race via the F12 menu, some text (something like "Setup changes at pit stop") appears in place of the repair damage [on/off] option. So if you make a setup change and then decide you want to change the damage repair option you have to undo your setup changes for the damage repair option to reappear and then re-define your setup changes, which is pretty fiddly in the middle of a race!

So my suggestion is that the damage repair option is not hidden when you make a setup change in the F12 menu.
I wonder if it switches it as well. During the last GFC race I had set my damage repair option to 'No' at the start of the race. Before I made my pitstop I changed the pressure settings on the tyres and when I came into to stop I had my pressures changed like I asked and then it repaired all my damage also! I might fire up LFS and do some tests to see what happens.
I did some tests and it doesn't switch what it says it's going to do. But that's not to say that it's doing what it says it will! Let me know what you find.
Well, I've just completed a little test. Everything worked as I expected and the only problem I found was that requesting setup changes replaces the 'Repair Damage' option with 'Setup Changes Requested'. Pitting-in, changing setup/car does not change the selected value for repairing damage so it seems I must have switched it back to yes by accident and not realised.
OK, thanks count. 'Setup Changes Requested' was what I meant when I said "Setup changes at pit stop" in my first post btw. Perhaps it's even a bug and was meant to be shown on a seperate line?

F12 Damage repair option
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG