The online racing simulator
more smoke
(22 posts, started )
more smoke
Buy every LFS player a 8800GT, then give us some more RAM and then the devs can do some Fast And Furious smoke. The reason is quite simple; not everyone can support this smoke and that's probably why the devs haven't gone 'too far'.

Use [REQUEST] next time, cuz I bet the 135 peoples that opened this thead are a bit pissed.
is it a car?
i think something like a smoke amount adjustment slider would be a good idea.
make it thicker.
Quote from B0mberMan :i think something like a smoke amount adjustment slider would be a good idea.

+1
Quote from B0mberMan :i think something like a smoke amount adjustment slider would be a good idea.

yes i like this idea

+999
that'd be cool for users to select on their own while online as to waht they see.

+1 on smoke slider if possible.
in the earlier versions, i replaced a texture, and after that it looked like the known smokemod, but i dunno wich texture i need to replace thus i don't know if this would work either.
Quote from LFSn00b :No, Smoke slider would be way too unrealistic, but i agree on more smoke

the reasoning for that was for online to keep people with slower computers happy. they can turn the smoke down to quicken up things.
+1 for smoke slider. I'd love that. However I dont know if the devs will put this over more important things as in racing usually there isnt that much smoke unless you lose control. It would be good for us drifters and for burnouts after a race or before a drag race .
Quote from LFSn00b :No, Smoke slider would be way too unrealistic, but i agree on more smoke

It would'nt be any more unrealistic then people being able to turn down the LOD, or turn off shadows, sky etc.

+1 to more smoke and/or smoke slider.
more smoke it's needed? maybe.
but i think that the smoke should stay on the track more time. don't you
Quote from Riders Motion :Buy every LFS player a 8800GT, then give us some more RAM and then the devs can do some Fast And Furious smoke. The reason is quite simple; not everyone can support this smoke and that's probably why the devs haven't gone 'too far'.

Use [REQUEST] next time, cuz I bet the 135 peoples that opened this thead are a bit pissed.

Will an 8400GT and 2GB of Ram do the trick?
There comes a point when it needs to be realized that those with 3-4 year old PC's can sit back and not play the game or spend the cash and upgrade. If people want to have a gaming setup last more than 3-4 years they need to move to consoles.

We're still looking at DX8 (at least it looks like it) and very limited visuals when DX10 is a year old.

$200 graphics cards (3850-3870, 8800GT, etc) can play LFS at 1900x1200 with 8xAA and 16xAF with 100-200fps with 20 cars on the grid, and 300-400fps on the track alone. If you can't afford an $80 8600GT or equivalent then its time to stick to older games. With those settings and 20 cars I am using 214MB for LFS and only 1259MB in Vista X64
Dang, I thought it was true got my hopes up. put [REQUEST] next time before u piss me off.
i made a burnout with FBM sixt gear and noticed that more smoke causes very low fps to me but +1 to Smoke slider
more smoke!
I want smoke like this : A REAL CAR

Smoke like this in game would require probably the top end machines tho and that is not LFS motto at all.
the smoke slider would be good with limited smoke. i mean it would give same smoke what you get in burnouts end so it wouldnt cause so low fps
wow
Hell i want smoke like that too lol
They could always add something like

Smoke amount: Low, medium, high, Extreme..

Just a tough!

more smoke
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG