The online racing simulator
bad racers
(16 posts, started )
bad racers
why dont bad racers get banned fast enough. if there are enough reports against a person, could they get temporarily banned til the admin people get a chance to have a look? for example, xxxxx. he uses eveyone for brakes and bounces off the inside of people so of course they crash and he moves up a place or 2. lots of people say they are reporting him but he still joins up again and does the same old. its very frustrating to have to have someone like him on the server where you know that if ya dont just get out of his way he will push you into a wall etc.
#2 - Bean0
Just because people say they are going to report a driver doesn't mean that they actually get round to it.
Have you reported him yourself ?

In my experience, the admins are usually pretty prompt when it comes to disciplinary actions.

Also, I would edit your post to remove the name of the driver concerned...naming/shaming isn't really the way forward.
good call
yeah but thats working on a system of guilty tilll proven inocent, which to me is defenatly not how the ctra runs, if the admins are maybe slightly slower than usual it is due to huge amounts of hard work on other areas of the ctra system e.g. the web page
If we did ban because people had (a certian number) of submitted reports that have not been reviewed there is a chance that this driver did nothing wrong.

What COULD happen is that a team gangs up on one person and submits 10 replays and this driver is autobanned. When it comes to review the replays we find they were false and have to unban the person, who is now going to be very irritated because they didn't do antthing wrong.

Yes the process is slower, yes it's not ideal, but because of the longer, slower process for banning you have a much more controlled way of handling wrecking and abusive behavior. Because of the increased control the quality increases. We are looking at ways of decreasing the lead time( IE time everyone waits) of reports, but it's no simple task because at the same time we have to not increase the amount of effort and time already spent on mainting the current system.
#6 - SamH
There are some delays in the processing of reports at the moment. We are still recovering after the Christmas and New Years break, during which an unusually large number of reports were filed, at a time (in fact the only time in the year) when most of the CTRA admins had other commitments, such as family etc.

We are having several admin meetings during this week where the more difficult reports will be examined and processed. This should allow us to clear the backlog and we'll be back to our normal report processing pace
as chris said the reason the reports are not a quick thing is due to the level of scrutiny and attention the detail the admins put in, they dont just look at what was happing but why, what happened before and after, for sam,chris and the other admins, it is by no means uncommon for them to view a replay 6 or more times, to make sure justice is done

damn im a slow replyer
thanks SamH. because of the professionallity(is that a word?) of ctra. i thought it was actually part of LFS, what i paid for. didnt actually realise all you guys were volunteers. sorry to be a pain and good work.
There's also the alternative, give me a big red button, so every report I can just go "BAN!"
lol dustin
#11 - SamH
Quote from .KIWI. :thanks SamH. because of the professionallity(is that a word?) of ctra. i thought it was actually part of LFS, what i paid for. didnt actually realise all you guys were volunteers. sorry to be a pain and good work.

Yowzer! That's very possibly the best compliment I think we've ever received for the CTRA. Thanks very, very much!
you deserve it sam
#13 - SamH
Stop creeping, James.. you're in the team already!!

j/k
lol sma (<btw thats intentional)
Quote from dawesdust_12 :There's also the alternative, give me a big red button, so every report I can just go "BAN!"

so they did not tell you where the button is??? hmmm, i got
the info ages ago
You want to avoid crap drivers stay off the race 1 server.

Some are so ignorant I wish my tab button was an EMP so their comp shuts off instantly.

And its funny cuz its the same ignorant drivers that are first to cry "I'll report you!" if anyone else causes them to have an incident.

But yes, Sam and co, excellent job as always. To be honest, if it wasnt for the CTRA I prolly would race LFS once a month if that. The hole CTRA setup is top knotch in my opinion compared to other servers.

bad racers
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG