The online racing simulator
Request for a Kart in LFS
(14 posts, started )
#1 - scin
I would like to request that LFS add a kart to their simulator, a 125cc shifter would be nice.

I know that a lot of kart drivers also drive LFS. I think it is helpful to practice in the formula cars, but it would be nice if a kart was available to practice with during the off season.
In before "we have mrt no need for kart -1".
#3 - joen
the physics simulation is lacking elements that prevent proper karts simulation at the moment.
And we need kart tracks for it as well, no sense in driving a kart around blackwood. And there's only so much you can do with autocross.
+1 though, but suggested many times already.
#4 - scin
The MRT has suspension and slower steering and the motor isn't anything like a kart motor.

I would be happy with a kart, even with out a sprint track.
Quote from scin :The MRT has suspension and slower steering and the motor isn't anything like a kart motor.

I would be happy with a kart, even with out a sprint track.

The moon is fully aware of that, he was just anticipating the common response anyone that asks for a kart gets.

When they can add one, when the physics are capable, you can bet your bottom dollar they will.
#6 - scin
Quote from joen :the physics simulation is lacking elements that prevent proper karts simulation at the moment.

I can understand the physics problem; since the frame is the suspension, I would imagine this would make all their suspension/rigid frame based physics not work.

Maybe someday LFS will have a kart, I will certainly drive it a lot more when it does... and I am sure a lot of my karting friends would purchase a license when it happens.
#7 - joen
BTW I think it would be pretty easy to have some kart tracks in LFS without the need to create completely new environments.
Many race RL racetracks have kart tracks on the terrain just next to the track or at the infield of the track. I think it would be a nice solution to create LFS kart tracks in the already existing environments. Just picture a kart track at the Blackwood infield for instance Smile

I think the chances of getting karts in LFS are pretty big. I certainly would love them as well Smile
Actually I've made a kart in LFS and it does drive fairly kart like even without chassis flex. No doubt all the karters will poo-poo it but I still thought it was fun. You need REALLY twisty auto-x layouts to make one fun in LFS though.
Quote from Bob Smith :Actually I've made a kart in LFS and it does drive fairly kart like even without chassis flex. No doubt all the karters will poo-poo it but I still thought it was fun. You need REALLY twisty auto-x layouts to make one fun in LFS though.

Its cool that you made a kart Big grin

Is it an actual modified model (like the XFG converted into a bus in S1) or is it just a LFS car modified to "act" like a kart?

Oh, and can i bribe you for any screenies? *puppy dog eyes*
Quote from scin :I would like to request that LFS add a kart to their simulator, a 125cc shifter would be nice.

I know that a lot of kart drivers also drive LFS. I think it is helpful to practice in the formula cars, but it would be nice if a kart was available to practice with during the off season.

That would be nice. Except, where will it end? If you add a 125cc shifter, there will be others asking for non-shifters and faster shifters like IC 250 cc.

Since sprint karts are more popular in real life than shifters, the representative kart feature should be the fastest sprint kart spec, the Formula A, in my opinion, with one kart track having three or four layouts.
#13 - scin
Quote from samjh :That would be nice. Except, where will it end? If you add a 125cc shifter, there will be others asking for non-shifters and faster shifters like IC 250 cc.

Since sprint karts are more popular in real life than shifters, the representative kart feature should be the fastest sprint kart spec, the Formula A, in my opinion, with one kart track having three or four layouts.

Once the physics are figured out, it would be easy to add the different karts. I for one, would be happy with any kart... ICA, TAG, ICC Shifter... whatever.
#14 - aoun
Superkarts would be nuts!

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG