The online racing simulator
Argh guys i need your opinion
(9 posts, started )
One of my rl mates has something called "Sweetim" and "Smileycentral" I know SMILEYCENTRAL is spyware - but is Sweetim... Im kinda worrying cause he sent me a wink and it came up a link to get Sweetim and I clicked the link... (Didnt download anything... Firefox warns me when somethings about to download) But im scared I got infected by spyware just from visiting the site.. Im doing a full scan atm, could anyone tell me if this is spyware?

Thanks,
Fredthebest.
Why are so scared of spywares? There are zillions of them on all computers and they make very small harm most of times. Viruses on the other hand can do a lot more shit with your PC...
K well im doing a scan now tho.. and it prob wont pick up anything because its crappy Symantec.. oh well /sigh... I'll just leave it.. probably have about 10 viruses anyway -.-
Leaving it is the best decision. Here's the license:

8. Interaction with Third Party Sites and Services

The SweetIM Software and Service may allow you to interact with third-party Web sites and Web services ("Link(s)"). The Links are not under the control of Macrogaming and Macrogaming is not responsible for the contents of any Links, including without limitation any link contained in a Link, or any changes or updates to a Link. Macrogaming is not responsible for any form of transmission received from any Link, nor is Macrogaming responsible if the Link is not working appropriately. Macrogaming is providing these Links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any Link does not imply endorsement by Macrogaming of the Link or any association with its operators. You are responsible for viewing and abiding by any privacy statements and terms of use posted in connection with the Links.

You are solely responsible for any dealings with third parties (including advertisers) who support the Service, including the delivery of and payment for goods and services.

So it's not spyware or a virus but it is adware, therefore it will probably nag you. Nothing fishy since installing such software would be a willful choice of yours, but probably it wouldn't be a wise choice.
I wasnt going to install it anyway. but i was wondering if visiting the site got me infected with anything.. scanning my computer found nothing.. so should be fine.
Why scan with Symantec anti-virus when you were looking for spyware/adware?
yay!, SweetIM is spyware. It does install other programs too. How stupid I even fel for it.

Man, Why do you need new Emoticons actually?
Quote from Dalarna :Why scan with Symantec anti-virus when you were looking for spyware/adware?

I was looking for viruses too.. did a spyware scan aswell with AVG Anti-Spyware

And guy that posted above me.. (Cant remember your name) Umm I didnt want new smileys as i said a FRIEND of mine had SWEETIM and he sent me winks etc and nudges and smileys that i couldnt see and it said to get this go to [INSTERT ADDRESS HERE] and i accidently clicked it while moving the msn window over a bit.. =[

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG