The online racing simulator
10 Tips to be a fair racer.
(32 posts, started )
10 Tips to be a fair racer!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Respect Yellow Flag !
- Don't know what this means? I will explain : The yellow or “caution” flag is used to signify trouble on the racetrack which may include wrecks,or any other dangerous condition on the racetrack.
2. Respect Blue Flag !
- Don't know what this means? I will explain : This flag is used by corner workers around the track to signal a driver that a faster car is approaching. The driver being flagged has no obligation to do anything other than be alert, maintain the racing line and avoid intentionally obstructing the faster car.
3. Use mirrors !
- This is pretty simple. All you have to do is to look into the mirrors.
4. Use Left View , Right View !
- This is pretty simple too. All you have to do is to set the proper buttons for left and right view and then USE them.
5. Do NOT crash in T1 ( First Turn ) !
- You don't win the race if you go hard in T1.
6. Don't intentionally crash other racers !
- The rule says all, pretty simple eh?
7. Do NOT cut PIT Lines !
- This is pretty simple too ! All you have to do is to watch the pit line , and exit the pit without cutting it.
In case of Tet-a-queue !
- In case of tet-a-queue , you MUST let the others to pass you untill there is no one in your back.
9. In case of clutch overheat or other problems !
- In case of clutch overheat or other any problems , if you can't move DON'T stay there ! Shift - S immediately !
10. It's your responsability to avoid any crashes !

Happy racing!
A nice list, but I have to disagree wih point 9 and I hope that someday there will be a server setting that leaves abandoned and broken cars on track, to be moved by marshals.

Also, the blue flag portion misses the perspective of the faster car:
The driver you're going to lap is most likely under stress, so spamming the chat, honking, flashing and bumping won't help matters. Also don't ovetake in a turn, or anywhere else you wouldn't in a race situation.
Fair point , coleus .. i will update the list with new things... now i can't think lol
You could add "Say sorry with actions, not with words."
ooh, nice list andrei, long time no see i think this should be a sticky
hey harjun
#7 - ajp71
Nice list Andrei

Quote from Andrei221 :
- In case of clutch overheat or other any problems , if you can't move DON'T stay there ! Shift - S immediately !

But the last two could be miss leading. I think if your car can be safely avoided and you are able to carry on I see no reason why you can't just wait for a safe point to carry on, it's the what happens IRL in the end of the day. Yesterday I was racing the FBM at SO6 when I couldn't do anything but get caught up in an accident in front of me on the start/finish straight, I then ended up perpendicular to the track and resting backwards against the barrier, so decided to wait for a couple of cars to pass before rejoining. There was plenty of space to get through without even slowing down, neither of them did I watched them both coming towards me in total disbelief neither of them made any attempt to avoid me. Come on you can't just expect someone to magically disappear the minute they spin.
Quote from Andrei221 :
10 Tips to be a fair racer!

1. Respect Yellow Flag !
- Don't know what this means? I will explain : The yellow or ?caution? flag is used to signify trouble on the racetrack which may include wrecks,or any other dangerous condition on the racetrack.
2. Respect Blue Flag !
- Don't know what this means? I will explain : This flag is used by corner workers around the track to signal a driver that a faster car is approaching. The driver being flagged has no obligation to do anything other than be alert, maintain the racing line and avoid intentionally obstructing the faster car.
3. Use mirrors !
- This is pretty simple. All you have to do is to look into the mirrors.
4. Use Left View , Right View !

- This is pretty simple too. All you have to do is to set the proper buttons for left and right view and then USE them.
5. Do NOT crash in T1 ( First Turn ) !
- You don't win the race if you go hard in T1.
6. Don't intentionally crash other racers !
- The rule says all, pretty simple eh?
- This is pretty simple too ! All you have to do is to watch the pit line , and exit the pit without cutting it.
In case of Tet-a-queue !
- In case of tet-a-queue , you MUST let the others to pass you untill there is no one in your back.

Happy racing!

Thats TOOOOOO inportant in Ctra and other servers , no one use the Camera or mirrors =S
________
Dodge daytona
Quote from Andrei221 :

Actually, on Blackwood GP, the racing line (4) goes trough the pit entry lines....
Quote from Uncle Rooster :Actually, on Blackwood GP, the racing line (4) goes trough the pit entry lines....

he means when you leave the pits. stay within the pit line and dont cut off the fast moving cars
Quote from Uncle Rooster :Actually, on Blackwood GP, the racing line (4) goes trough the pit entry lines....

Maybe because it's the ideal racing line (from the perspective of lap time) but not necessarily the "legal" ideal racing line. IDK.
What's with "use your brakes"??????

Since I don't have much time to race, I sometimes use lfs as some kind of television. I just watch ctra banger races or something else interesting.
The sentence "use your mirrors" is often said by guys who crash into others because they themselves broke too late! How stupid is that? If I'm in the midfield, braking into t1, people BEHIND me have to take care not to crash into me!
Usually it's the responsibility of the racer behind to watch what's going on in front. When I overtake, I have to take care, not the guy being overtaken! Sure it's common sense to be careful any time.

greetz

der butz
Good list.

I was the [whispers]Redline Racing 4[/whispers] server. I was running in the top 5 at So6 in the FBM. On the first lap, in cold tires, I lost the rear end coming out of the final sharp right hander. As I corrected the rear, I had obviously lost momentum so I knew the guy behind me was going to pass me, but he hit my rear as I straightened up and this gave me a "boost", if you will. At the next corner I let him past, he couldn't work out why, but from my point of view, he had won that place fair and square. I usually go in with the attitude of "It's better safe than sorry" I would rather lose a position in one race than take me and others out of the race thus getting myself a reputation.

That attitude isn't always best, but you have to judge each case on its merits.
Quote from Andrei221 :

Happy racing!

We are a playing a racing simulator and we have yellow flags. I think on some servers like CTRA Shift - S should be disabled. The car could be removed automatically (we have that on the CTRA servers)
11: Watch both sided and if its tunered on watch the track map before possible rejoining after crash

yester day like 90% forgot that
What the hell is 8?
I guess it's another word for "crash".
tet a queue--->spin
+1 for sticky
+1 for sticky as well
#21 - Woz
You missed the vital one off the list...

- Drive as though a crash will result in a 10lb hammer to the nuts.

If you keep this in mind it helps no end with T1

Quote from Woz :You missed the vital one off the list...

- Drive as though a crash will result in a 10lb hammer to the nuts.

If you keep this in mind it helps no end with T1

No wonder women can't drive....

:hide:
#23 - Woz
Nice Rules!

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG