The online racing simulator
Uf-br + Xf-jr
(18 posts, started )
#1 - J@tko
Uf-br + Xf-jr
Before I start, i'd just like to say that I havn't discussed this with any member of the CTRA team yet - this is just one person's idea that I've developed and want to hear your opinions. @CTRA team. If you completely disagree with this and want things to stay as they are, then tell me - I don't mind!

OK, [UKR] Race King suggested here that we could have the UF-BR and XF-JR on the same CTRA server. At the time, I didn't think much of it, but now, I've decided to chase it up. The XF-JR was balanced with the UF-BR at the end of December. The restrictions are: UF-BR 45%, XF-JR, 43%. The XF-BR is quicker down the straights, but the UF-BR is quicker in the corners. On an average lap, they balance each other out. The two cars already compete together in the FWD GTR class, so that's fine.

What do people think about having both these cars on the UF-BR server. Bad/good. Advantages/disadvantages. Please tell me and the CTRA people.

P.S 1 - I know I'm not bronze yet - but I'm getting there - this'll give me more inspiration to keep going!
P.S 2 - If this goes ahead, and the CTRA need to check the balancing - I'm happy to help.
P.S 3 - And why is this thread now called U-br + Xf-jr
+ 1

sounds good
-+1
I'm not sure if it would be good. I like the mostly close racing we have right now
#4 - J@tko
Quote from GloryJ :I like the mostly close racing we have right now

That is one issue. All the cars would bunch up behind an XF-JR in a twisty section but would spread out more on the straights. Although, more people would pick an XF-JR on a fast circuit and a UF-BR on a slow one, and a mix on a neutral one, so there would still be close racing.
Having unequal speeds on straights and corners would be against the whole idea of UF Baby-R because it would definitely break up the field.

Same cars for everyone = better racing
#6 - T!m0
reasons already mentioned by Blackout
whatever

Just keep the XF-JR for the Beginner's Cup
#8 - Dru

infact -100!

Whole point of the UF BR is that EVERYone has matched machinery..

Out of interest. what tracks did you use to balance the 2 cars?
also did you do any ballast testing or just based on intake restriction?
It was just based on Intake - we did the testing on a south city track.

The 'balanced' lap times are based on what the AI are doing in the two different cars.

You might be able to make them more even with ballast
I think a forced setup would be more interesting (maybe you could chose one out of 4 or so) or limited settings. But i think it's impossible to implement something like that.
#11 - SamH
Hello chaps!

The UF-BR server will always only be UF Baby Rs. As Dru and Matti said, the racing in this server works fantastically because of the way that it is. I'm not willing to break it. Besides, if you introduce the XFR in any form, it's no longer the UF-BR.. and we like it how it is

It ain't broke.. nothing to fix
Attached images
lfs_00000006.gif
Quote from SamH :Hello chaps!

The UF-BR server will always only be UF Baby Rs. As Dru and Matti said, the racing in this server works fantastically because of the way that it is. I'm not willing to break it. Besides, if you introduce the XFR in any form, it's no longer the UF-BR.. and we like it how it is

Quote from SamH :Hello chaps!

OK - no probs. That's fine. It is true anbout the UF-BR server. When I was on there, I had some fantastic races.

Just running the idea past you.
P.S I also did some AI testing on FE Club.

Totally goes against what baby r is all about.
I think you should add a weighted BF1 with a little intake restriction too......
Quote from StableX :I think you should add a weighted BF1 with a little intake restriction too......

85% ????
120% might slow it down to UFBR speeds.
If there was the XF-JR then it wouldnt be the UF-BR spirit because then it just wouldnt be cool its the first unique thing the UFR has going for it other then its extreame tendency to flip. But i say leave it as it is because its just cool that way.

If the thing is good why change it?

Right?

Uf-br + Xf-jr
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG