The online racing simulator
You listening to Shoutcast radio (Winamp)?
(25 posts, started )
Hi!

I listen mostly to internet radio.
Do you?
What are your favourite radio stations?

Here are mine:
Linasunline (mostly HipHop and high bandwidth/quality)
BanditRadio (Rap and high bandwidth/quality)
Ohmytrance (Electronic and high bandwidth/quality)
Bassdrive (Jungle)
Smoothbeats (great HipHop)
Digitally Imported (Jungle)

:monkey: :elefant: :bluegrab:
Greets,

Sladan
#2 - Krane
Digitally Imported - most often the Vocal Trance channel, sometimes Trance.
CLUB 977 The 80s Channel
S K Y . F M - Best of the 80s
FG DJ RADIO - Live Techno from Paris
Radio Helsinki

Or sometimes I just go streamsurfing
Cool! Gonna try those 80's a little.
I listen to Di.fm trance channel a lot
Not shoutcast, but I qutie often listen to pandora.com

ATM I'm listening to 'What the hell is stipulation - Reggie and the full effect' radio.

Basically, it takes an artist / track and gives you similar music. Kinda like the last.fm similar artist feature only better.
I listen here and there... mostly Digitally Imported or Tag's Trance Trip.

Tag is the creator of Shoutcast, and he used to live only about a mile from me, I had LAN parties at his house, he stocked me up with loads of Redbull, he's nuts, and very smart (He moved to Virginia I think it was because AOL Music rellocated most of Nullsoft). But we keep in touch, he just sent me this visulization plugin today. He says if you're bored, hit 'Q' and you will see something special happen
Oi, that's nice!
I listen to Virgin Radio UK and sometimes KNAC.com
And a couple of other ones on windows media player.
That's another thing you can do with LFS and not other sims... race while
listening to online radio... you don't really need to have .ogg conversions if you don't want to... besides the news reports, commercials and lol traffic
reports adds to the realism for me as much as the physics

Trance??? ok. whatever floats your boat.
Quote from Racer Y :Trance??? ok. whatever floats your boat.

Just gets me goin when I am working on something Otherwise I'll be listening to my usual tunes

I listen to "525 powertracks" Mostly rock & hardcore, it's great!!!
Why should I listen to internet radio when I can listen to MP3s?

Some time ago I had to listen Winamp radio (http://www.therockradio.com) because I screwed up my hard-drive and lost all my MP3 files (luckily I had a "backup" in my portable MP3 player).
di.fm's goa/psy trance stream usually, sometimes the others too.
Sometimes I listen to kohina.com's stream.
Long time ago I used to listen to SnakeNetMetalRadio.

But usually I'll just listen to my MP3s or CDs.
KLF.fi (closing down )
Digitally Imported trance streams
*updates his bookmarks* :yummy:
Just adding a firm "no" to this thread, I've yet to find a radio source that plays material I like more than occasionally, and I've got all the music I like available offline. I'd rather pick my own music.
Not shoutcast, but if you're in America, you should check out pandora.com. You tell it your favorite bands or songs and it plays music similar to them. Like your own personal radio. I've been listening almost nonstop for weeks now
Quote from BlueLine :Not shoutcast, but if you're in America, you should check out pandora.com. I've been addicted to it for weeks now

Hmmm interesting... I looked up a band I like called Hard-Fi, they didn't have any of their music, but it came up with results of a group that sounds almost just like them!! Pretty cool! (Only problem is, quality is kind of dry for speakers, but headphones I don't bother)
#18 - AJS
Try out amaroK !

http://amarok.kde.org/

coolest audio player i have ever seen ...

last.fm integration - ipod - album covers - artist information - lyrics + super intuitive GUI

for webradio i use streamtuner (shoutcast / icecast)

mixed music ... some russian stuff - don´t ask - goa and dance but also charts

P.S.

Winamp built in shoutcast browser is limited to 1000 streams ATM. You can´t listen to all the stations or have to use the shoutcast webpage. Also check out the Icecast plugin : http://www.oddsock.org/tools/ml_icecastlist/
Quote from AJS :
Winamp built in shoutcast browser is limited to 1000 streams ATM. You can´t listen to all the stations or have to use the shoutcast webpage. Also check out the Icecast plugin : http://www.oddsock.org/tools/ml_icecastlist/

I noticed this too. I hoped it was some error of mine.
-
(Breizh) DELETED by Breizh
I listen netradios while at work.

Radio Helsinki at mornings, Kohina at afternoons.

If I really need to concentrate into my work, then I choose Bluemars or Cryosleep (both ambient). Sometimes Chromanova (psy-goatrance).

Crappy rock can be heard from old-school radios all the time and good one isn't broadcasted.
i listen to digitally imported. and a few other techno and transe stations once in a while.
www.ohmytrance.com

also the rap and hip hop stations.

www.rock1019.net (weters and maeds show is awsome http://www.myspace.com/wmshow )

and [xrm] - alternative to name a few
i also listen to jazz and classical once in a while. Nothing matches up with a good fps like some classical music or jazz.
winamp is awsome. i dont have MTV or cable telivision at all so its the only way i get to see new music videos as well... other than emule.
Its not a stream, but checkout LUGRadio if you're into linux/open source. Its a fortnightly podcast (generally I hate podcasts), which strikes a balance between geek and (british) humour.
I hear shoutcast radio too.

My favourite Radio Station is radioabf.net (electro-house)

Radio rocks ^^
Club 977 70's 80's 90's
Digital FM Trance
BNN.fm hits
XFM.nl hits
RadioSeven.se hits
M1Live.com dance

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG