The online racing simulator
How well do you guys know these tracks?
I'm looking at the calendar now and the only track I really know well (or at all is Blackwood) - which I'm currently getting 1:39 - 1:42, a far cry from my pb of 1:34:8x when I was active.

I've never driven on kyoto or aston. I've driven on south city long a bit, although not with any of those cars, but I think I'll be ok there. I don't think I've ever driven on fern bay rallyx (I thought blackwood was the one with the rallyx track...?). I don't remember fern bay black. Since I bought S2 on Dec 23 I've played SO chicane exclusively, but I've driven it with the FBM - not in reverse and not with the UF (which I've never driven), or the XF (which the last time I drove was pre-S1). I've never heard of these baby UF or XF cars - I'm not even sure where to find the setups I've never driven the MRT with a wheel, but maybe I'll actually be able to control it now.

I know this is a beginners cup but as it stands right now I'd be a danger on any of these tracks if I joined a public multiplayer server because of my unfamiliarity with the cars/tracks. Due to work (business trips and such) and various family outings, I'll probably be able to play LFS 20 out of the 30 days maximum before the league starts.

If I practice on blackwood or SO long 1 day each, that gives me 3 days each to learn the 6 layouts I've never driven. I only have hard track for all cars except for FBM (but the set is for SO not Kyoto) and I still have to learn 3 new cars. 3 days practice IMHO isn't enough time for me to even compete with beginners on these tracks So I guess I'm wondering if I should drop out of the league...? Or is everyone else completely new to these cars/tracks as well?
I'm going to expect that most will be in generally the same predicament as you.

I have no worries about configuring the server in the two or three days prior to a round to that server, and leaving it on free practice mode, or set it up in our Q & R config.

I think this would help some.

d
no need to worry, i still cant get better in BL than 1:35.8 and other track/car combinations are almost totaly nerver tried, so that why I am in this CUP, and i think it is the only place to start your racing caree without beeing kicked/baned for making noob mistakes. Cheers mate
#4 - J@tko
If you turn on 'racing line' (press 4), you can learn the tracks quite well quite quickly. The cars we've chosen are quite different. IMO, the most difficult combos will be Aston North in TBOs, the Enduro (SO Long in GTRs) and LX4, FZ5 and RAC @ FE Black (I might change this)

Here's some setups to help you.
Attached files
UFR_UF-BR_base.set - 132 B - 1003 views
XFR_XF-Baby-R.set - 132 B - 1102 views
And: I promise to keep in mind that you are all fairly new and inexperienced racers when making penalty decisions. I will not hold you to an F1 standard of perfection.

More like a BTCC for the tintops and GP2 for the openwheelers.

I will never wish to detract from the main point of this Cup....learning to Race while having fun.

Remember, this is not to prove who is the super-fastest, and that. It's to let you all learn to race in a league environment what isn't strict on everything, but is strict enough to ensure that no one compromises someone else's race.I expect that I will never have to reprimand anyone for being "noobish" and trying to outbrake the entire world going into turn one of lap one.

When I get S2, I will be able to admin on the server that's open for testing. I will be happy to schedule specific days in January (best for me are Saturdays and Sundays) for "Official Tests" Just let me know.

d
#6 - J@tko
Quote from dekojester :When I get S2, I will be able to admin on the server that's open for testing. I will be happy to schedule specific days in January (best for me are Saturdays and Sundays) for "Official Tests" Just let me know.d

Me too. I'll be revising most of January, so when i'm doing that, I'll have LFS open and myself on [DR]Server 1. I'll come back and check periodically and change the combo/answer questions e.t.c
Because I ordered my G25 of Amazon (and they continued to sell them when out of stock without even telling you) then I will probably get it a week before the cup

However If we cancel the Amazonian crap and buy it from dabs.com then I'll get it in a few days

So whatever happens I'll be slow

My PB with a keyboard XFG @ BL1 is a 1.37
Thanks guys. I'll do my best
the only one combo im even fast at (1.15 :/) is FBM Blackwood...other than that i suck. and guess what! FBM Blackwood isnt in this! woot im going to do so well -.-
just one tought-at first joining this cup i was sertain that all are beggners so no worries about lots of rules, but now i see that it became a real advanced racing,when you have to remember 9pages of rules and any mistake puts you a penalty... and far not all of us are begginers... well without rules it would be totaly like in demo servers plus i hope in future rounds there will be none air restrictions or weight,because i want to learn how those car really goes,and not to larn how it is with 43%restriction,and then when i will go to some server i will have to relearn how to drive,change setup and so on...

i am not negative to all these thing,it just my thoughts and how i would prefer things to go
Quote from kABLiuks :just one tought-at first joining this cup i was sertain that all are beggners so no worries about lots of rules, but now i see that it became a real advanced racing,when you have to remember 9pages of rules and any mistake puts you a penalty... and far not all of us are begginers... well without rules it would be totaly like in demo servers plus i hope in future rounds there will be none air restrictions or weight,because i want to learn how those car really goes,and not to larn how it is with 43%restriction,and then when i will go to some server i will have to relearn how to drive,change setup and so on...

i am not negative to all these thing,it just my thoughts and how i would prefer things to go

Well, to tell you the truth, most of the rules IMO are common sense or common racing knowledge. The only ones you have to learn are the Safety Car ones.

And I'd hope that more leagues will use my XF-JR as a car - many already use the UF-BR.
I love the Junior! Imagine the carnage if they were unrestricted...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG