The online racing simulator
I need help with LFS!
(18 posts, started )
I need help with LFS!
Okay I had LFS Before on an old computer I had - Was working fine, When i got my new computer I didn't want to download it because I couldn't be bothered, then yesterday, I decided to Download LFS! (Demo) It was working FINE all day yesterday, until today.
Today I try to get on servers all day, and it comes up "Cannot Receive OK" "Cannot Receive Driver info" "Cannot Receive Skin info" .. It can be different at times.. then when I finally get in, - Im playing for a while - then BAM! Lost connection to host. I only get to play for about 2-10 mins and then I get "Lost Connection to Host" Can someone please help me, Im REALLY bored without being able to Play LFS and I so want to play it!! Help!

Thanks,
Fred.
Try redownloading it?
No problemo please tell me how you get on
Quote from dmwright :No problemo please tell me how you get on

Offtopic: Do only S2 licenses get Avatars and signatures? In my profile I dont see the option to enable them =]

- 18% Downloading atm -
Yes, I'm afraid only S1 or S2 licenced racers get signatures and avatars
Quote from Fredthebest :Just redownloaded it, Still not working

In that case I'd say it's more likely to be and issue with your connection.
Do you have the correct ports opened on your router?
Are you on wireless?
Has your ISP introduced traffic shaping recently?

Cant think of anything else that would cause it at the moment.
Quote from The Moose :In that case I'd say it's more likely to be and issue with your connection.
Do you have the correct ports opened on your router?
Are you on wireless?
Has your ISP introduced traffic shaping recently?

Cant think of anything else that would cause it at the moment.

not on wireless, Correct ports should be opened because I can get in for a bit, and I've been able to play perfrectly until i lose connection to host, and it was working fine all day yesterday..
Not sure about the ISP part..
EDIT: Can someone tell me the ports? :P (Just incase)
Guys, It seems to have fixed itself, I can now play again
Quote from Fredthebest :Guys, It seems to have fixed itself, I can now play again

Oh god, I still lose connection from host
Getting way out of my depth here but, check for virus', sypware/malware trojans etc.

If still no joy i'd check with your service provider see if they're having any problems in your area.

It could be a problem with your router or perhaps a cable, might be worth trying the USB cable instead of ethernet (vica versa).

This doesn't sound like it's a problem with LFS unless you've somehow managed to downloaded a dodgy copy both times (although it's unlikely).
Quote from Mazz4200 :Getting way out of my depth here but, check for virus', sypware/malware trojans etc.

If still no joy i'd check with your service provider see if they're having any problems in your area.

It could be a problem with your router or perhaps a cable, might be worth trying the USB cable instead of ethernet (vica versa).

This doesn't sound like it's a problem with LFS unless you've somehow managed to downloaded a dodgy copy both times (although it's unlikely).

i think its fixed now, I just lose connection from host randomly sometimes and I really dont know why, i dont have any problems with "Did not receive guest info" etc now.. i think..
#14 - Sage
I'm having the exact same problems. I'm 100% positive my connection is fine. My firewall is also fine. I can bring up the list of servers no problem; but I'm getting error messages, especially when loading server objects. I've pinged the master server, and made sure that "master.liveforspeed.net" is not in the hosts file. Anyone know how to fix this for good?
Quote from Sage :I'm having the exact same problems. I'm 100% positive my connection is fine. My firewall is also fine. I can bring up the list of servers no problem; but I'm getting error messages, especially when loading server objects. I've pinged the master server, and made sure that "master.liveforspeed.net" is not in the hosts file. Anyone know how to fix this for good?

That was the same with me... internet was fine etc :P
Think its fixed now
i have the same problem i was wondering if you could tell me how you got it working (if you no :P) but also do you have vista because i never had a problem with xp and also has lfs went back to the skin info ect because mine worked for about 5 minutes then went back the skin info driver info
Quote from jjkatarn :i have the same problem i was wondering if you could tell me how you got it working (if you no :P) but also do you have vista because i never had a problem with xp and also has lfs went back to the skin info ect because mine worked for about 5 minutes then went back the skin info driver info

No Im running Windows XP Pro and It just fixed itself.. one day it wasnt working.. next day it was working.. strange.
mine sort of did the same for 5 minutes then i restarted my comp and it has stoped working since and also anythink eles to do with the internet dosent wont to work steam,msn,avg ect ect

I need help with LFS!
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG