The online racing simulator
ARCA Simulator
(42 posts, started )
ARCA Simulator
What do you guys think about Sim Factory's new stock car game? It's based off the ARCA Series (NOT NASCAR).

I think it looks horrible although I have seen some good racing in the online series site. Anyone has any predictions about the game or has played the beta? Think it might be another NR2003?

http://www.arcasimracing.com/

Well...stock car fans will know the age old joke about ARCA...

ARCA = Always Ready to Cause Accidents
From what I've heard/seen, it's more like another ISI sim than another NR2003. ISI engine, no?
Haven't got beta or preorder it yet, has been some cool racing from what i've seen.

Been a stock car fan for ages, got the chance to talk to Dale Earnhardt Jr. & Martin Truex Jr. over teamspeak (who are hardcore racing sim) wonder if they play lfs they said it was good.

I'm just waiting if it's worth it
Quote from DeadWolfBones :From what I've heard/seen, it's more like another ISI sim than another NR2003. ISI engine, no?

Yep they're using ISI engine
Quote from paddy_racer :Haven't got beta or preorder it yet, has been some cool racing from what i've seen.

Been a stock car fan for ages, got the chance to talk to Dale Earnhardt Jr. & Martin Truex Jr. over teamspeak (who are hardcore racing sim) wonder if they play lfs they said it was good.

I'm just waiting if it's worth it

Ya, the racing looks awesome especially at Talladega, but it looks like another rFactor mod LOL. So I'm kinda nervous about the game. I wanted a stock car racing besides NR2003 because that's gradually getting too old. I'm hoping ARCA would prove to be a good sub.

Did Earnhardt and Truex really say that
Quote from lizardfolk :Ya, the racing looks awesome especially at Talladega, but it looks like another rFactor mod LOL. So I'm kinda nervous about the game. I wanted a stock car racing besides NR2003 because that's gradually getting too old. I'm hoping ARCA would prove to be a good sub.

Did Earnhardt and Truex really say that

on those lines yah, didn't you hear end race comments?
Quote from paddy_racer :on those lines yah, didn't you hear end race comments?

No i dont really stick around for the end
#8 - TiJay
Quote :NR2003 because that's gradually getting too old.

Have you tried the Nextel 2007 and COT mods?
#9 - ajp71
Quote from lizardfolk :Ya, the racing looks awesome especially at Talladega, but it looks like another rFactor mod LOL.

It is an rF mod, that doesn't mean to say it has to be bad, just there are only a handful of good mods and none of them have been produced by the commercial teams. I suggest you have a look at the existing rF mods first to see if there's a decent one that offers what you want for free.
The closest thing I've gotten to was the VHR-08 and the TPSCC. Both are good mods, however...what i have about rFactor is the contact physics

On lower speeds and road courses the contact may seem ok...but once you hit the 150+ on a high speed oval the flaws really start to show up. Drive talladega in rFactor with TPSCC and drive talladega in NR2003. It's the contact is VERY different

However, based on what I've seen on vids. ARCA seemed to fix that.
Its a rFactor mod and they are asking $50? Hah I am glad I got this info before buying it... - Is this a valid source? Its good enough for me but thats because I am too involved with Live For Speed and things for it...
Quote from lizardfolk :
On lower speeds and road courses the contact may seem ok...but once you hit the 150+ on a high speed oval the flaws really start to show up. Drive talladega in rFactor with TPSCC and drive talladega in NR2003. It's the contact is VERY different

The contact physics/netcode will almost certainly be the same underneath
Quote from ajp71 :The contact physics/netcode will almost certainly be the same underneath

That's odd, cause I saw people spinning out from light contact. Something that stock car in rFactor will never happen. I also saw people effectively drafting, something that's slightly incomplete in rFactor

Quote from blackbird04217 :Its a rFactor mod and they are asking $50? Hah I am glad I got this info before buying it... - Is this a valid source? Its good enough for me but thats because I am too involved with Live For Speed and things for it...

It uses some of the same coding as rFactor, i think that's what he meant. I dont think this game is classified as a "mod", but I'll leave ajp to answer that. I'm not too good with codes XD
Quote from lizardfolk :That's odd, cause I saw people spinning out from light contact. Something that stock car in rFactor will never happen. I also saw people effectively drafting, something that's slightly incomplete in rFactor

What do you base your rF contact model experience on? One of the worst bits about N2003 was the collision model IMO, online it was awful, rF isn't much better and as much as people moan LFS is by far the best I've found. Offline (where the video would most likely have been taken) the rF collision model is fine though.

Quote :
It uses some of the same coding as rFactor, i think that's what he meant. I dont think this game is classified as a "mod", but I'll leave ajp to answer that. I'm not too good with codes XD

None of the ISI based sims have ever changed anything in the physics other than bolting extra bits on like weather effects, which we know ISI had already done so potentially they might not have done those even. The only changes have been to the graphics engine and menu systems, so short of a bit of eye candy there's no difference between GTR2/GTL/RACE and the same cars/tracks converted directly to rF.
I thought the rFactor (offline) contact was not sensitive enough at superspeedway ovals. That was my problem.
So any impressions yet? Looking at RSC it is the typical suck/love thing. Does it "feel ISI"?
I cant say anything because I can't get it to work yet. But from what I've heard it's what a stock car should feel like and from what I've seen the cars are very difficult to control (which apparently translated to realism).

As for the damage, I heard the damage was well modded themselves. A few poor shifting and ur engine would blow
What do you mean by "can't get it to work"?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :What do you mean by "can't get it to work"?

I fixed it (thxs to the support). Every time I put the disk in I get an activation message, (the one similar to rFactor's) when I'm not suppose to. (I was told that the disk count as the activation and the dialogue shouldn't pop up when the disk is in the tray). But after a while it turned out that my drive wasn't "compatible" with the disk and so they gave me a coupon code to remove the activation.
Another rFactor mod, probably a fairly good one. And a lot of hilarity at the RSC forums with a new subforum full of questionable threads.
Apparently there's no demo yet, or at least I didn't see one. I want to get the demo and request neon and body kits on the ARCA Sim-Racing forums.
#23 - JTbo
Why would I pay from rFactor mod, when I can make or download one for free?
Quote from JTbo :Why would I pay from rFactor mod, when I can make or download one for free?

It's apparantly different from an rFactor mod.
In what way?

ARCA Simulator
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG