The online racing simulator
Am i Delphi?
(16 posts, started )
Am i Delphi?
Why can me do before race the tyre wear???

In Papy sims I can choose what tyres want to change in pit. In Lfs I must can know before start of race the tyre wear. When running test race the wear is xx.x % but on another race the wear will xx.x-1 % and the crew will not change my tyre and i will get a puncture before 2 laps of race end. Is it real??? On real life the racers instruct the crew before start on how many percents of wear will on race???

Ehh.
In real life they don't know exactly how fast the tyres will wear
In LFS you don't know exactly how fast the tyres will wear

In real life you would tend to change them just in case, as safety is important
In LFS you can't die so people take more risks.

If you want to be sure, change tyres (use less %), if you want to risk it don't (use higher %).
#3 - Norbi
Right, but wouldn't it be just a lot simplier if you could tell them which individual tire to change when pitting?
Oh yea, it would
I just set the tyre wear thingy according to how many pit stops I'm going to do and when I'm going to take them, so if I'm doing one stop at half distance I set it to 40%, assuming that the other half of the race will wear my tyres approx. 40% again, so I'll still have a 20% safety margin.

If it all goes Pete Tong in the early laps and I'm struggling on unhappy tyres there's always the F11 menu.
#5 - ajp71
The tire wear option seems pointless to me, pitstops in LFS take about 2 seconds anyway so you may as well change all the tires, I simply choose change always/never before I make a pitstop.
Quote from Prezsi :Why can me do before race the tyre wear???

In Papy sims I can choose what tyres want to change in pit. In Lfs I must can know before start of race the tyre wear. When running test race the wear is xx.x % but on another race the wear will xx.x-1 % and the crew will not change my tyre and i will get a puncture before 2 laps of race end. Is it real??? On real life the racers instruct the crew before start on how many percents of wear will on race???

Ehh.

You can change it in-race too...

just press F12, and you will see a pit-instructions tab.

It will let you decide which tires must be changed and which tires mustn't be changed (in %)
#7 - bbman
Quote from ajp71 :The tire wear option seems pointless to me, pitstops in LFS take about 2 seconds anyway so you may as well change all the tires, I simply choose change always/never before I make a pitstop.

:doh:

Have you used something else but the FO8 and the BF1 lately (or ever)?
#8 - wark
Quote from Deviance1992 :hello! En is magyar vagyok :P es delphiben probalkozok, beszelunk majd?

Great 2-year bump. Thanks. Some useful information for all of us in your post.

Quote from bbman :Have you used something else but the FO8 and the BF1 lately (or ever)?

"Lately" was an interesting choice of word.
#9 - bbman
Haha... Didn't look at the post dates...

Although pitstop times weren't any shorter back then, so the question still stands...
Quote from bbman ::doh:

Have you used something else but the FO8 and the BF1 lately (or ever)?

I'm not exactly sure of the tire changing times, but I think they're close enough to F1 type efficiency. In reality the tires on the FO8 might also get changed that quickly and possibly the GTRs, but certainly not on any of the other cars, 45 seconds is about what I'd expect it to take with two guys, 5 nut wheels and air guns TBH, which is more than you'd expect for the other cars.
Yes, they are too fast for changing that type of tires, but they are nowhere near 2 seconds, not even if you just refuel the GTRs...
Yeah, pitstops definitly need to be worked on before S3, or even S2 final if posible. I find it hard to believe that an invisible pitcrew can change four tires, fix suspension damage, and refuel in 30 seconds
~Bryan~
Quote from BlakjeKaas :You can change it in-race too...

just press F12, and you will see a pit-instructions tab.

It will let you decide which tires must be changed and which tires mustn't be changed (in %)

how can you change tyre wear options in f12? its an information tab, isnt it/
Quote from Deviance1992 :hello! En is magyar vagyok :P es delphiben probalkozok, beszelunk majd?

You said 'Hello another hungarian mate ok, something the delphi then i can't make up anymore after that
Quote from dougie-lampkin :how can you change tyre wear options in f12? its an information tab, isnt it/

No, you can change settings in it.

How much downforce and fuel you want at pitstops etc.

btw: I didn't noticed the date too... =/
It would be good if there were an option to force to a tyre, or to force to change in pairs.

Once in a long race, I went to pits to refuel, and it changed only the front right tyre (on a counter-clockwise circuit), so I got 3 worn tyres and 1 brand new. The difference in tyre height was sufficient to make the car's handling on braking terrible, specially due to the differential.

I still had tyre to finish the race (since the race needed something like 105% of fuel, what forced the drivers to make a short splash and go, eventhough I set the tyre change to >90%, the front right tyre was just below that level), and hopefully I could manage to finish in 1st place. But surelly if I didn't manage to pull some difference to the 2nd, I would be in a big trouble for the last couple of laps.

Am i Delphi?
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG