The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Multi-Make Challenge Info, Interest and Testing Thread
Hi Guys.

The Second New Dimension Racing Team Event of the Year will be the Multi-Make Challenge. This year, we're using the TBO class.
Here's a quick summary of how it works.

All the entrants are split up into random teams (but you can pick your team-mate if you want to) and each team is given one of the TBO cars to race for the entire season. However, your car will be different to the normal TBO cars.
One of the cars will have 50kg of ballast on board. This is known as the 'heavy' car. One of the cars will have 25kg of ballast and 2% engine restriction. This is known as the 'base' car. The final car will have 0kg ballast and 4% engine restriction. This is known as the 'light' car. All the cars are basically the same in lap times around a neutral track (i.e not suiting power nor handling), but each have their own characteristics. For example, the 'heavy' cars are good in a straight line, but are worse in the corners than the 'light' cars, which in turn are slower down the straights. So, there is an FXO 'heavy', 'light' and 'base', an RB4 'heavy', 'light' and 'base', and a XRT 'heavy', 'light' and 'base'.

This means that for each track, it will suit one car slightly over the other, and you have to try and use the advantages of your car as much as you can and minimise the disadvantages.

The series will take place at the end of the summer (I know it's a long time away) over 6 or 7 rounds. The scoring system will be similar to that of the Beginner's Cup.

Please post in here if you are interested, need more info, want to ask questions or feel that the specs of the cars are wrong.

Thanks
J@tko and the New Dimension Racing Team.

EDIT: We've kept the original 'specs' for the cars, so the FXO is still the fastest, and eats its front tyres, and the RB4 is the slowest (just), but has the 'security' of its 4WD.
#2 - J@tko
Thread moved.
#3 - J@tko
Anyone? (bump!)

If you don't want it say why!

If no-one is interested I'll come up with another unique series.....

EDIT: Me thought of one......
/me shows some interest
come on give us a start date cos i want in =]
#7 - J@tko
Quote from richard3310 :come on give us a start date cos i want in =]

To quote from another thread:

Quote :
We'll have a vote between this league, the Ickle-Endurance-Evening League and my new, secret League, to be the second New Dimension League of the year. One of them will happen at the end of the summer.

#8 - tvpro
Interested..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG