The online racing simulator
#26 - TG44
I want a wheel but i don't have enough cash for a g25.. and i DON'T want any other wheel cos they are all t3h suck lol :bounce8:
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :The racing can be so messy in the BTCC though. They're pretty lenient with the rules.
In a way, the WTCC is slightly more professional. Similar attributes in the BSBK & WSBK in that sense too.

Before I got rid of SPEED Channel when getting rid of the Basic Digital Cable service tier so I could get a cell phone (Which sucks, people can contact me now !) I loved watching BTCC and WTCC on there.

Then, I found BitTorrents when at school with no SPEED Channel in the dorms !

Then, the university got letters from the RIAA for people illegally downloading music. Which they then decided to banish all illegal downloads.

Now I have to use YouTube !

But that BTCC stuff always had me on the edge of my seat. WTCC did too, but not as much. I still say there's nothing wrong with (or better than) three cars banging doors on the last lap for the win.

Anyway, back on topic !
Haha you guys find it bad :38 ? daaarn
I did my first 20 laps ever on this car on Blackwood and i got 1:42 as best time. wuhahah
It's good we have time to practise me think.
I'll go and check some champion run from lfsworld me think.
Safety Car.
I may be a lone voice here, but I think it's worth airing this and seeing what the response is...

I think the Safety Car idea is a mistake. I know the organisers won't agree with this, but I think that when it comes to us beginners, it'll end up more like a sheep dog trying in vain to herd his unruly sheep around, rather than the polished routine we see in F1 or other professional racing.

Further, I cannot see any circumstance that would need a safety car, as the point of the safety car is to minimise danger to those involved in an incident that will take more than 1 lap to recover from. There is no danger in a virtual race, and no marshals working to recover vehicles.

As long as everyone knows the rules concerning pitting to fix damage, we should get by without safety cars.

Bring it on
I do agree partly with your opinion. But the thing is, the races will be sort of 'broadcasted' and so we need it to be as realistic as possible. We (me and Dekojester) realise that you don't want to be sat behind a safety car for lap after lap, and so it'll only be brought out if really necessary. Also, we need the safety car for a rolling start at a couple (TBA) of races.

Quite alot of Leagues use a safety car and so it would be good practice if/when you enter more Leagues.

The idea of the series is for you to gain some League experience and to have fun - we'll try and interfer with the racing as little as realistically possible.
Fair play . It wasn't a critisism, just some food for thought. There's every chance I'm underestimating the drivers here and it will all go swimmingly. I didn't want you to overcomplicate things for yourselves unnecessarily, thats all.
Quote from TomMK :Fair play . It wasn't a critisism, just some food for thought. There's every chance I'm underestimating the drivers here and it will all go swimmingly. I didn't want you to overcomplicate things for yourselves unnecessarily, thats all.

Np. It was dekojester's idea and he's an experienced admin/race control so I think he probably knows better than me !
I will be staging three officially timed free practice sessions on this race weekend.

Saturday, 2 Feb 2008:
FP1 will be 90 minutes from 1900 GMT - 2030 GMT.

FP2 will be 90 minutes from 2000 EST - 2130 EST.

Sunday, 3 Feb 2008:
FP3 will be 60 minutes from 1630 GMT-1730 GMT.

All sessions will be run as a qualification mode. In the event that something disrupts qualifications on Sunday that will stop them being held, the race start order will be determined by best lap time from among the three sessions.

All series rules will be enforced at these.

Before and after these mentioned times, the combo will be set to BL1 with the XRG and XFG, with 15 minute qual and race laps will be set at the number of laps as per the final calendar.

d
Is the race this weekend?

My PB is a 1.36... do I need more practice?
Quote from JO53PHS :Is the race this weekend?

My PB is a 1.36... do I need more practice?

The race is this weekend.

I would reccomend being at the Free Practice sessions as much as possible. It will give you a grand opportunity to get used to the LFSBC rules enforcement method, and get used to the drivers in the series and share info and such.

Note: The FPs are not required to be attended, but I'm sure it will greaten your skills for the circuit.

d
Reminder to all that the race is this weekend.

Free Practice on Saturday, Race on Sunday.
Quote from J@tko :Reminder to all that the race is this weekend.

Free Practice on Saturday, Race on Sunday.

There is a slight possibility that I can come.

I shall be back from karting @ about 6.30 - 7.00 but roast dinner may coincide with the race
FP2 is being pushed back due to me having another event to attend, and to also make it better for people on the left coast of the US.

FP2 will now be from 9:15 - 10:45 EST.
Quote from dekojester :FP2 is being pushed back due to me having another event to attend, and to also make it better for people on the left coast of the US.

FP2 will now be from 9:15 - 10:45 EST.

Whats FP2?
Is it today round 2 and 3 and today the race qualification starts on 6.55 (gmt) ?
Btw:1 make 1:37:33 on BL1 :P XFG
#44 - TG44
Well my PB is 1:37.10 on BL1 with XFG so i think i'll be seeing you

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG