The online racing simulator
A way to stream big races
(19 posts, started )
i would like to see on LFS something like HLTV for counter-strike

which we can watch big matches and etc..

we could watch races online without taking the server slots
i think eSports or something like that does stream races live. Its a really good idea imo!
Not alot of replys in here but I think its a good Idea for big competitions and racing leagues.
The problem i see with that is the host then has to increase the bandwidth quite a lot to accomodate the streamers. This could affect the online collision detection; which is already an issue sometimes.

If that could be sorted, then I'm all for it.
MoE has streams now. One spectator that puts out the image and that is streamed forwards. The only problem is a good link by the spectator.
Quote from MAGGOT :The problem i see with that is the host then has to increase the bandwidth quite a lot to accomodate the streamers. This could affect the online collision detection; which is already an issue sometimes.

It doesn't necessarily have to be the host that streams the race.
Quote from MAGGOT :The problem i see with that is the host then has to increase the bandwidth quite a lot to accomodate the streamers. This could affect the online collision detection; which is already an issue sometimes.

If that could be sorted, then I'm all for it.

not really a problem, because you will never stream from the race server, but from a connected LFS client. Indeed you will have 2 different servers, one server is the race server and the other server is the sreaming server. And the location of the streaming server may be completely different from the location of the race server.
In fact, meanwhile streaming is commonly used by some leagues or for some events (especially 24 hour races).

Quote from evilpimp : i think eSports or something like that does stream races live. Its a really good idea imo!

and they have uploaded the streams too they are really worth to watch. Look here: http://www.esport-racing.com/media.php
(my favorite ones are the Aston North race, the Westhill race and the Aston National race of the International eTM)

kind regards
Soeren
Ah, so you have a spectating client on the server, and then the image from that client is streamed. Gotcha.
yeah, you get a spectating client on the race server, and then the data from that client is streamed
Can someone send me links were they stream them please.

Im aware of the eSport one and the ASRTV thing. Thats about it? And STCC I find them on youtube
This idea is probably going to be shot down in flames but ...

What about an LFSW streaming MPR relay? Of course it would be a paid extra.

What would be a good feature for LFS that is semi-related is to have a TV director built in to LFS, and an overlays system with skinnable images to be used.
#12 - troy
Quote from duke_toaster :This idea is probably going to be shot down in flames but ...

What about an LFSW streaming MPR relay? Of course it would be a paid extra.

What would be a good feature for LFS that is semi-related is to have a TV director built in to LFS, and an overlays system with skinnable images to be used.

well, its kinda like that, the client whos spectating on the race server is not gonna stream just what he is actually seeing, but the whole data from the server, so we can connect from our lfs and watch from whichever angle or car we want
There was (is?) a wonderful program that streamed the replays (created the replay in realtime) in LFS. It worked really nicely and you didn't take any slots.
#15 - Jakg
Quote from evilpimp :Can someone send me links were they stream them please.

Im aware of the eSport one and the ASRTV thing. Thats about it? And STCC I find them on youtube

STCC isn't done live, it's recorded like a typical LFS movie, edited and then uploaded to YouTube.
that would be totally awsome! next thing you know, there would professional matches like CS or StarCraft!
Appart from the fun, the main reason why I would like to see this in LFS is because people would start having a clue about professional racers/races and their levels
#18 - troy
I downloaded it troy but theres no one casting heh. Hopefully theyll start casting more races on there and it gets more popular.

Thanks tho

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG