(7 posts, started )
FPS problem
May i ask why you care?

The human eye can only see ~30fps,
it 's strange if you ask me, i think that the FPS must be stable
mathew - i don't think that is true, ut i dont know
#4 - Jakg
Quote from mathew4445 :The human eye can only see ~30fps,

This is NOT true and i wish i could find the person who made this up and punch them repeatedly.

TV's run at 30 FPS (well, 29.97 FPS), however they are interlaced so it's more like 60 FPS.

95% of TFT's run at 60 Hz, which means they refresh 60 times a second, which means that they can really show a maximum of 60 FPS. Your monitor is set to 72 Hz, which means it can show a maximum of 72 FPS.

Whereabouts does the FPS drop down? At the starts or is it randomly?
#5 - PaulH
I have a very similar setup as you do mobiholik and I also get similar FPS drops but only at starts or when there's a mass of cars around me. It's the physics causing this for me as just reving the engine produces a slight FPS drop. To be fair though I am not surprised that the physics cause these FPS drops as the amount of calculations going on is insane.

I don't know what to suggest though. I've tried everything to try to increase my FPS from full grid starts but no matter what settings I use, my FPS stays the same. It's really strange getting the same FPS when using low graphic settings on low resolutions to using full graphic settings on high resolutions.
The one option that does increase my FPS is the User LOD, but to get that extra 10-15FPS from full grid starts I have to settle with funny shaped triangular wheels
#6 - Jakg
At the starts the FPS is all down to your CPU, so adjusting the AA won't affect much as thats taking load of the GFX card.

Most people get a low-ish FPS at the start (ie i get 35), however after about T2 as the cars spread out the FPS gets a lot higher (ie for me, bouncing off vSync)
on start i have normal 25-35 FPS if is 25 or more peolpe on start line
but i get low FPS randomly ! on some sections of track is like 150 on others is 40 and is changing all the time

FPS problem
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG