The online racing simulator
Hello
(27 posts, started )
Hello
hi just bought S1 and its a great game but when i go online games only 3 servers come up is that correct as noone is ever on them and its sort of boring
might be because most people play S2 now.

did you have any filters set to not display empty servers? that could be another reason
no all filters were off and 3 servers that was a waste of money
It soley because everyone is on S2 now. There are about 300 hundred S2 servers, and 4 S1 servers (but one is corrupt, so 3 usable).
Hmm, shouldn't it be possible to set the filter to S2 servers and only join servers with S1 content running?
just pay another 12 quid and get S2, well worth it imo
Quote from M1N1M4N :hi just bought S1 and its a great game but when i go online games only 3 servers come up is that correct as noone is ever on them and its sort of boring

I thought about getting the S1 licence to start, but it clearly says before you buy it that hardly anyone uses the S1 servers....time to get s2
Quote from M1N1M4N :no all filters were off and 3 servers that was a waste of money

Its not a waste of money at all, you have to buy S1 before you can get S2. Or you can buy a combo pack of the 2 together. I'd say shell out the extra £12, it's WELL worth it! I've never heard anyone say its not
Quote from M1N1M4N :hi just bought S1 and its a great game but when i go online games only 3 servers come up is that correct as noone is ever on them and its sort of boring

There are two types of licenses you can buy
:
- S1 license, allows you to unlock the S1 portion of S2 ALPHA P
- S2 license, allows you to unlock the entire content of S2 ALPHA P
It is also possible to first buy an S1 license and later upgrade to S2. We have to inform you though, that there are not many S1 racers anymore, so you may find empty S1 hosts if you have an S1 license.

Taken from "Read before you buy" at startpage.
And btw.. S2 is worth the money..
Quote from AndroidXP :Hmm, shouldn't it be possible to set the filter to S2 servers and only join servers with S1 content running?

That's not how it works (but I think you know that and I'm reading it wrong, you've been here a long time and are quite vocal in the community here). I think this is a good idea though, that S1 and S2 servers be combined, but you can only join S1 content with S1 license. As it is now, you are forced to buy S2 (which isn't that bad) but if you only have so much cash, then it's a deterent to just buy S1. Some would end up not and moving on to some other sim/game. If S1 didn't have the S2 physics and graphics updates, then separate servers would be ok.
There was a thread about that a while ago, but the devs said that combining access for S1 and S2 users like that would be too much work for too little benefit, since most people have moved on to S2. Sadly, that leaves a few like M1N1M4N in the lurch online(although they're given fair warning now). Shame to lose the multiplayer side of the track/car "expansion" effect but oh well, what are ya gonna do.
IMHO, it's probably time to get rid of the option to buy S1, mainly to avoid this sort of disappointment
Ok, well I wasn't too sure about it, as I haven't dealt with the S1 <> S2 issue myself before. It really is a shame that you have to use dedicated S1 servers to actually use the S1 content, and seems quite like a ripoff (yes, you can buy S1 content only... but nobody will play with you then).

My suggestion:
The licenses should really be more seen as different content packages (what they actually are) and not restricting S1 users from S2 server access. S1 users should be able to join all S2 servers which run a track from S1, or heck, they should be able to join every server. They just shouldn't be allowed to use locked content, so if a S1 user joins an Aston race the only thing he can do is watch. If he joins a South City server, he should be able to drive the track, but only with the unlocked cars. So if the race is for LX6/FZ50/RAC, he should be able to choose the LX6 and race along with the other cars.
Basically he can watch S2 content, but not play with it. One thing to consider is a special form of spectator-only connection to a server which takes less bandwidth but allows S1 users to watch S2-only content races without taking away one slot.

Same thing goes for S1 <> S2 <> S3. I agree, that at the moment the amount of S1 users is really way too low for the amount of work needed for this, but that is mainly because S1 content is too boring and S2 contains all the goodies. I don't know what S3 will have, but I can imagine that the gap between active S2 and S3 players will be much bigger there, so implementing this idea is a good way to not split the community and will be necessary sooner or later, IMO.
well im gettin s2 later now as i have bin payed
Quote from M1N1M4N :well im gettin s2 later now as i have bin payed

Believe us when we say you won't be disappointed .
:iagree:
hehe look under my user wat license have i got now hehe
Wise decision!
Nice one. See you on track!
Nice one. See you online sometime
And now he's drifting... Won't you at least race a few times?
Quote from M1N1M4N :hehe look under my user wat license have i got now hehe

Welcome to S2 and Merry Christmas a bit early.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Welcome to S2
Quote from tinyk :Welcome to S2 and Merry Christmas a bit early.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

yeh i have to thank this person for it THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH
Quote from M1N1M4N :yeh i have to thank this person for it THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH

aww you're welcome. lol

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

Hello
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG