The online racing simulator
How Do I Get The Siren To Work
(79 posts, started )
I have no rockets.
#27 - JTbo
Cruise is not enough of reason?
Quote from PLAYLIFE :I don't get how some people think that it is OK to try to humiliate someone without any reason.

I think some people find it difficult to sympathise with those who spend their time on "cruise" servers. Myself included.

Quote from niall09 :Your a fag

But then again, I have no patience at all for native English speakers who can't differentiate between a possessive pronoun and a contraction of the verb "to be".
Please guys, Let's keep talking about this horn and not get into arguments .
Quote from JTbo :Cruise is not enough of reason?

No.

Okay, the question may sound stupid to purists, but I really see no reason to poke fun at people who make a legitimate use of LFS, unless they are demo users who want to have something for free. Cruisers' money is just as good as racers'.
Quote from thisnameistaken :But then again, I have no patience at all for native English speakers who can't differentiate between a possessive pronoun and a contraction of the verb "to be".

Sorry Kev

I got banned from TC because I was too fast for the police - It wasn't my fault.
#33 - JTbo
Quote from Albieg :No.

Okay, the question may sound stupid to purists, but I really see no reason to poke fun at people who make a legitimate LFS, unless they are demo users who want to have something for free. Cruisers' money is just as good as racers'.

Oh well then
Quote from JO53PHS :I got banned from TC because I was too fast for the police - It wasn't my fault.

Sorry to be o/t, but ive checked your record with our database, and your record is clean, no kicks, no bans, no nothing. You sure you was banned?
Well it said host refused connection... I'll try again now...
Still says host refused connection.
Quote from dmwright :Please guys, Let's keep talking about this horn and not get into arguments .

Someone get this man a copy of the internet handbook, fast.
Quote from niall09 :You're a fag

I wasnt being serious

Oh gee whizz, you made fund of someone and they insulted you back. Some people are cruel, aren't they!?

Oh and you weren't being serious when you said:

Quote from niall09 :Oh sorry.

I have a good suggestion:
1. Harass people on the street
2. When they ring the police, get out your mobile phone
3. Turn on the sound recorder
4. Run away
5. Put the sound onto your computer and set it as HORN5

You really weren't being serious? Really-really not serious?? You mean it wasn't a serious suggestion for me to go "Harass people n the street"? Oh, OK, now everything is fine. Idiot.

Quote from JTbo :Cruise is not enough of reason?

The time of making fun of people because they are different from you is not "in" anymore. Too bad you weren't born a farm owner 200 years ago in the US. There you could have frowned upon afros just because they were black.

Or maybe you would elaborate why it is fine to make fun of people because they use the cruise server? I'd like to hear a real argument please. Oh wait, you don't have one, do you. Are they harming you in any way? Or you just don't like them because they are different from you? You are a genuine racing nazi, is what you are.
#39 - JTbo
Quote from PLAYLIFE :
Are they harming you in any way? Or you just don't like them because they are different from you?

As matter of fact they are, luckily in patch Y there is now cruise filter that defaults to off, but quite lot of harm has been done already, cruise servers do lure certain people towards LFS, people that don't care about racing code, people that thinks it is just a game and generally ignores any gentleman racing rules.

Of course not all new racers are such, but as many joined to cruise servers they learned bad ways there, so we did loose quite few good racers to this silliness.

Today it is hard to find good racing as 'it is just a game' attitude is so widespread because of these cruising servers.

I hope that in future when LFS moves more towards realism these kind of players find game that actually is more like what they seek.
Also I hope that LFS will move more towards hardcore
That's not even close to being a good enough reason to making fun of someone.

EDIT:

And btw, your argument is based on personal opinion and not a shread of evidence. It might well be that there is a variation in the occurance of certain events that you are simply translating in a way that fits your ideology.
Quote from JTbo :
Today it is hard to find good racing as 'it is just a game' attitude is so widespread because of these cruising servers.

That's just ballony. I've been around LFS for a long time and have not witnessed such a tendency.
#41 - JTbo
Ok, here is proof:
Quote : LFS S2 is a serious racing simulator.

So that proof how stubborn cruisers are, it says serious racing simulator, it does not say car game where it is fun to cruise

How can you then except such drivers to race any good when their skull is too thick to get that hint which greets them at LFS front page (The racing simulator)?
Certainly they have to be quite thick headed to not understand that game is about racing?

Btw, I don't care what category I belong (or you put me), I just am what I am, so if I'm racing nazi, then I am
Quote from JTbo :
So that proof how stubborn cruisers are, it says serious racing simulator, it does not say car game where it is fun to cruise

Does the license agreement state you have to race?

You quote a description, not an agreement; the usage of LFS is regulated by an agreement, not by a description. Therefore also your argument about cruisers is invalid.

I'll add that if you have proof that the original poster did something wrong you can refer to server admins, who can do what they want on their own. If he didn't, the fun you poke at him for liking something you dislike is way off mark.

But you can always tell to use the search, post in the right forum and so on, just as much as moderators have the right to moderate this and put an end to this quarrel.
#43 - JTbo
Well, if you like to be picky, you could say driving wrong way or sitting on racing line is not prohibited either by agreement

Ah well, I'm loosing interest here, people seem to miss point of guiding misguided racers to originally planned tracks, so what you can do
Quote from JTbo :Well, if you like to be picky, you could say driving wrong way or sitting on racing line is not prohibited either by agreement

Ah well, I'm loosing interest here, people seem to miss point of guiding misguided racers to originally planned tracks, so what you can do

You're right on both accounts: the first one is regulated by server side administration, not by the license.

As for the second remark you can preach what you like, but you're not the best preacher I've ever seen. In fact, when you try to convince someone of the validity of your arguments you talk, you don't laugh at them.

I don't drift, don't race ovals, don't cruise, but I also dislike the guttural cries of pain coming from racers who feel cornered as if someone was trying to suffocate them while preaching their absolute truth. That's far from being true, and the development of LFS is there to show it.
Quote from JTbo :Ok, here is proof:

How can you then except such drivers to race any good when their skull is too thick to get that hint which greets them at LFS front page (The racing simulator)?
Certainly they have to be quite thick headed to not understand that game is about racing?

Btw, I don't care what category I belong (or you put me), I just am what I am, so if I'm racing nazi, then I am

:clapclap:

I'd reply but I'm not up for writing two pages of text on how you start arguing for one thing and then start talking about smth completely different, your following argumentation is based on assumptions, no proof and some facts that do not fit in at all... but you make some very loose assumptions in order to tie those things in and make them "proof"... Don't become a lawyer when you grow up. Oh and, look up nazism in a dictionary.

I'm off...
Quote from PLAYLIFE ::clapclap:
Oh and, look up nazism in a dictionary.

I did, and I'm certain JTbo knows what it means. Does having a not-so-well-thought-out opinion give you the right to call him with such hideous names? I don't think so.
Quote from PLAYLIFE ::clapclap:

I'd reply but I'm not up for writing two pages of text on how you start arguing for one thing and then start talking about smth completely different, your following argumentation is based on assumptions, no proof and some facts that do not fit in at all... but you make some very loose assumptions in order to tie those things in and make them "proof"... Don't become a lawyer when you grow up. Oh and, look up nazism in a dictionary.

I'm off...

Well, for the record, I've not seen you posting any proof to prove him wrong either and that makes you wrong as him.

You might think you've left as a winner, but you haven't. You just enjoy calling people nazis, and generally just using nasty words at them. Have no idea how you've got away with all that censored words and rude behavior (talking about double standards?) lately. Maybe they still think you are 13 like it used to say in your profile.
You guys are neither funny (not funny at all, especially if you repeat an already lame joke) nor mature, stop arguing because it's just embarrasing illepall
#49 - JTbo
You really think that I'm going to spend time and effort to argue with you from as silly matter as this? Sorry, I have better things to do, I never take stuff from Internet such seriously as for serious stuff I have life, you know outside from computers
Quote from JTbo :You really think that I'm going to spend time and effort to argue with you from as silly matter as this?

You mean that Internet "is just a game"?

"No, it's a serious simulator!"

I hope you get it

How Do I Get The Siren To Work
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG