The online racing simulator
Touch Screen Monitors
(8 posts, started )
#1 - sam93
Touch Screen Monitors
Does anyone know if there are any touch screens what are between 19" and 22", because if there are it would be ideal for Photoshop, if there are I would of thought they are expensive, as a 7" touch screen LCD is around the £200 mark
Check out the Cintiq by Wacom if you want to invest in something that's good for designing.
Eizo FlexScan L760T-C for about £1300. You should really check out the wacom tablets.
#4 - sam93
Maybe I want invest in something good for designing, I think I will stick to the idea to go and by a graphics tablet, even though I don't really like them because you don't get picture of what you are doing on the screen with a tablet, can't work out why a 20" touch screen is that much, when I was going to buy a HP tablet laptop with a 19" touch screen for just under £700. Didn't realise they were that expensive, I thought they would just be that little bit more then a normal lcd monitor.
How are you supposed to use it, layed flat on the desk? I guess there's just not a big market for them, hence the expense.
Quote from sam93 :Maybe I want invest in something good for designing, I think I will stick to the idea to go and by a graphics tablet, even though I don't really like them because you don't get picture of what you are doing on the screen with a tablet, can't work out why a 20" touch screen is that much, when I was going to buy a HP tablet laptop with a 19" touch screen for just under £700. Didn't realise they were that expensive, I thought they would just be that little bit more then a normal lcd monitor.

With a good tablet like an Intuos3 - even the smaller ones - the resolution it detects your movement is much higher than touch screen monitors. Also getting pressure, tilt, rotation and such detection is a big plus which you will not get from a stock touch screen monitor. I regularly use a 4x6" wide ratio Intuos3 and it maps to a widescreen monitor just fine. I've also used A4-sized tablets but I find the the smaller tablets to be easier to manage for a number of reasons:

1. You can hold them on your knee and draw or even lie on a pillow and doodle away. The motion your hand has to do isn't as much as a bigger tablet would require.
2. Easier to carry with me in my backpack since I work at more than one location usually.
3. For detail editing you will end up zooming in anyway unless you got a huge monitor.

The only thing you sort of have to get used to is the orientation and not treat it like paper when you have your hand slanted. Luckily you can correct all that with vector art since you can rotate it any old way - raster graphics are a different story.
Quote from xaotik :With a good tablet like an Intuos3 - even the smaller ones - the resolution it detects your movement is much higher than touch screen monitors. Also getting pressure, tilt, rotation and such detection is a big plus which you will not get from a stock touch screen monitor. I regularly use a 4x6" wide ratio Intuos3 and it maps to a widescreen monitor just fine. I've also used A4-sized tablets but I find the the smaller tablets to be easier to manage for a number of reasons:

1. You can hold them on your knee and draw or even lie on a pillow and doodle away. The motion your hand has to do isn't as much as a bigger tablet would require.
2. Easier to carry with me in my backpack since I work at more than one location usually.
3. For detail editing you will end up zooming in anyway unless you got a huge monitor.

The only thing you sort of have to get used to is the orientation and not treat it like paper when you have your hand slanted. Luckily you can correct all that with vector art since you can rotate it any old way - raster graphics are a different story.

Agreed. Waacom technology is light years ahead of regular touchscreens. So many advantages you'd be an idiot not to choose that :P I love my Tablet.

Touch Screen Monitors
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG