The online racing simulator
I could try and change the pit exit to make it safer somehow...
Just drew some racing lines on one of the screenshots.

The yellow line is the line that (I assume) cars on track will take.

The green line is the line that cars leaving the pits will take

Cars leaving the pits are put on a collision course with cars on track
Sorry for triple post - forgot attatchment
Attached images
lfs_00000057.jpg
Quote from JO53PHS :Sorry for triple post - forgot attatchment

The actual chicane is fine - slows me down to 100mph/5th gear.

Should we close the pitlane for this race?

I'm trying to think of the pitlane exit @ Rockingam - I'll go and research this.
Two Images showing racing lines / speeds and the Improvements I made

(cars travelling in race at about 115 MPH is a bit optimistic )
Attached images
lfs_00000060.jpg
lfs_00000061.jpg
Is this the rockingham you're talking about?

I'm not sure but the I think the closest Racing circuit to me is Brands Hatch.

Or wimbledon stadium - if you can call that a racing track
Quote from JO53PHS :Is this the rockingham you're talking about?

Yep. Go about 10 miles in the direction of the copyright (c) and that's my house.
KY National / Oval is almost a rockingham replica
Quote from JO53PHS :KY National / Oval is almost a rockingham replica

That's why I chose it. The one major difference is that the Kyoto Oval is much bigger, and so the infield is much more open - the infield at Rockingham is tighter.
Try and take my latest version of the chicane faster than 110 MPH in the FBM

one way to get around the pit problem would be to make the pit exit on the grass lol
Quote from JO53PHS :Try and take my latest version of the chicane faster than 110 MPH in the FBM

I'll try - but It'll be quite hard! Can you do it?

Quote from JO53PHS :one way to get around the pit problem would be to make the pit exit on the grass lol

I did think of that, and if it was a road car round I would have suggested it - but FBM + grass = disaster!
Well, 109 / 110 MPH

Is what I managed
well, just a question, did you look my suggestion... it really slower (means about 100 KPH through the chicane, also means, that the speed is very similar to the Pit Exit speed, and because the fact, that seeing the barriers might irritate, I set the barrier chicane in the recovery lane abit farer away...

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=655368#post655368

(to use the layout, play the replay and press shift+U and then there appears a button called "save layout")
Quote from TFalke55 :well, just a question, did you look my suggestion... it really slower (means about 100 KPH through the chicane, also means, that the speed is very similar to the Pit Exit speed, and because the fact, that seeing the barriers might irritate, I set the barrier chicane in the recovery lane abit farer away...

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=655368#post655368

(to use the layout, play the replay and press shift+U and then there appears a button called "save layout")

Ah, for some reason, I thought that layout was the same one that JO53PHS submitted yesterday. I'll try it in a few mins.
The picture explains the good and bad points about this version of the chicane.
Attached images
lfs_00000062.jpg
Quote from JO53PHS :The picture explains the good and bad points about this version of the chicane.

I had noticed about the start of the race - the race will probably start under safety car and the cars will be released on the straight afterwards.
Quote from J@tko :I had noticed about the start of the race - the race will probably start under safety car and the cars will be released on the straight afterwards.

Have you arranged a SC yet?

Can I be the SC for that race lol?
Quote from JO53PHS :Have you arranged a SC yet?

Dekojester will be SC. There will also be a safety car at the endurance round and maybe at some others too.
Has he got an SC skin yet - if not i'd be happy to make one especially for the Begginers Cup - if you want a specific design or colours.
Quote from JO53PHS :Has he got an SC skin yet - if not i'd be happy to make one especially for the Begginers Cup - if you want a specific design or colours.

PM him and see.
Just PMed him about the skin

If I make a skin:

What colours/design and writing do you want on it and

What car?
Quote from JO53PHS :Just PMed him about the skin

If I make a skin:

What colours/design and writing do you want on it and

What car?

Colours: Really dont mind. For a design - I was thinking of one a bit like the F1 safety car here, but with LFS Beginner's Cup on the bonnet and everywhere else it says F1. If you did the XFR (my choice) then could you put LFS Beginner's Cup on the visor please.
Shall I make one for the XFR now or wait for a reply from dekojester?

Do you want any Battenburg patterns on it (see here and here)

Or safety stripes thing

Do you want it silver like the F1 SC?
/me wants a reply
Quote from JO53PHS :Shall I make one for the XFR now or wait for a reply from dekojester?

Do you want any Battenburg patterns on it (see here and here)

Or safety stripes thing

Do you want it silver like the F1 SC?

(alright, alright - I'm here now! - Having lunch!)

You can make one now anyway if you want to. Black or silver is fine. Some of the Battenburg pattens on the rear and maybe some on the sides and front bumber too.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG