The online racing simulator
Locked Keys in Car
(59 posts, started )
Only in England and maybe other places.

Stop being such a communist.
#52 - JTbo
Any old Toyota opens with any old Toyota key
Quote from The General Lee :Only in England and maybe other places.

Stop being such a communist.

Stop dictating on what he should do
You may have a lot of trouble smashing the windscreen as they have a clear plastic type film going across so when the window does smash it only shatters, well it smashes but the pieces of glass just stay stuck to the film
coat hangers are pretty handy for getting in to the car without breaking the seals...

but theres a million and one tricks best option is the coat hanger if not , locksmith.

also if yo going to break into the car... the small glass on the rear side door is the eazysist but i over just cut tennis balls in half and force it in at the corner of the window , if done right the window shatters and no glass moves

also you can just get a nail or a knife and push it into the window and it will give way...

you could break the seat o the bottom section of the window and use a hook to open it but again the first opion is the best one
#57 - JTbo
Those small windows are usually more expensive than big ones and PITA to install too, door glass is almost always possible to fit by yourself, but those that are glued to place are not so simple.
ajp71; Your idea of smashing the window might get the job done quicker but its probably the most stupid approach, prying the door open a notch to get a thin metal wire through to open the door is cheaper and less fuss. Sure you could 'potentially' damage the door but you'd have to yank it so hard the window would probably break to begin with, I've used this technique on two cars myself - A big lug Pajeero and a 5 Series BMW and both had no damage to the door what so ever.

Another method worth considering is pulling down on a window with your hands (try and get someone to help with it) and try and force the window down a little to get something in there to open the door.
Doubt this would work with modern cars, but back when i were a lad the old half a tennis ball trick would do the job. i.e cut a tennis ball in half place it over the keyhole and punch it flat. The air pressure would pop the little knob thing up and unlock the door.

The first car i had could be opened with a 2 pence piece and started with a paper clip, and yet it was never stolen or even broken into !, ahhh the good old days

Locked Keys in Car
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG