The online racing simulator
NFS Pro street drift physics LOL
(12 posts, started )
Im sorry but they said they revamped the physics on Nfsps but i the drifting physics are the biggest joke ive EVER seen in my life, Ok they seem terrible in the first place but i learnt a new thing about them by trying to go backwards, When you try and drift around a course backwards the car wont actully slide, which seems to my that when you drift forwards the physics engine actully hold you on the line wether you want to be on it or not? it just pulls you along it? anyone else think this?

Tbh im not that much of a fan of NFS but i thought this would connect to the storyline of the over few, but i dont think it has -.- eeesh
Quote from jimaxx :Im sorry but they said they revamped the physics on Nfsps but i the drifting physics are the biggest joke ive EVER seen in my life, Ok they seem terrible in the first place but i learnt a new thing about them by trying to go backwards, When you try and drift around a course backwards the car wont actully slide, which seems to my that when you drift forwards the physics engine actully hold you on the line wether you want to be on it or not? it just pulls you along it? anyone else think this?

Tbh im not that much of a fan of NFS but i thought this would connect to the storyline of the over few, but i dont think it has -.- eeesh

Yep I have noticed

No matter how arse ways you enter to cornor it will hold the same line the whole way through

It's like it's on tracks.
Otherwise half of the master drifters would realize they... suck
Its a completes rice pice of shit i got it when it came out for ps3 played it for a bit and got bord its a waste of money the only good thing about it is the noise of the cars
#5 - JTbo
It's a game, has it really physics engine and what use that would even be, everything can be scripted anyways, right?
#6 - JeffR
Were you doing these runs in "casual" mode where the game assists do exactly what you describe? I'm playing nfsps on a PC in "king mode", and often found the car going off track or spinning out while trying to drift, until I learned the track, and the speeds that corners needed to be taken at. Still, there are some issues with the drift physics, mostly that straight line acceleration is very limited. I'm not a fan of drifting, I consider it to be the ice dancing of motor sports, but I did make some videos:

npdrift.wmv

npdtaarx7.wmv

For non-drift modes, the "assists" are never actually off during offline play, in spite of the menu settings. They do get turned off during the higher difficulty online events.

In my opinion, there are 3 main differences between NFS's physics and racing simulation type physics: power induced oversteer is limited or prevented; driver induced understeer is non-existant; performance is exaggerated. In spite of these differences, the NFS games can be fun, and getting top lap times is challenging. First person shooters or Tombraider type games aren't realistic, but they're enjoyable also.
Quote from JeffR :Were you doing these runs in "casual" mode where the game assists do exactly what you describe? I'm playing nfsps on a PC in "king mode", and often found the car going off track or spinning out while trying to drift, until I learned the track, and the speeds that corners needed to be taken at. Still, there are some issues with the drift physics, mostly that straight line acceleration is very limited. I'm not a fan of drifting, I consider it to be the ice dancing of motor sports, but I did make some videos:

npdrift.wmv

npdtaarx7.wmv

For non-drift modes, the "assists" are never actually off during offline play, in spite of the menu settings. They do get turned off during the higher difficulty online events.

In my opinion, there are 3 main differences between NFS's physics and racing simulation type physics: power induced oversteer is limited or prevented; driver induced understeer is non-existant; performance is exaggerated. In spite of these differences, the NFS games can be fun, and getting top lap times is challenging. First person shooters or Tombraider type games aren't realistic, but they're enjoyable also.

Mines in king mode just so you know...
Hmm wow the tyre smoke = FAKE AS HELL! That game...looks like a waste...
#9 - JeffR
I tried doing a drift course backwards (on a PC), and the cars slides just fine, but the game intervenes once you get the car more than about 25 degrees sideways, adding grip and braking force to the front tires, that result in the car slowing down and facing sideways, probably in an attempt to get a player turned around into the right direction.

Quote :Tire smoke

If you want to get picky, I find the smoke in NFS relatively more realistic than the engine sounds in LFS.

Quote :Revamped physics

It's not the greatest, but it is different than the preceding NFS games, although I found the fantasy drift mode in Carbon to be more fun, although in Carbon the challenge is maximum speed without hitting track side walls. Sample videos:

drift track:
ncdkpsup.wmv

drift "street":
ncdspvpr.wmv
Tire smoke in this game is the best i've ever seen in any game period.
If you think it looks crappy, then you don't have it set to the right settings.

Physics wise, I think it's pretty damn well for an NFS game, no longer can you ram the crap out of stuff and go 200mph and take sharp turns and hope to come out alive, and no longer can you take big jumps as fast as you wish without the engine inertia rolling the car over mid-air.
btw, I haven't tried anything besides whatever was in the demo, so no I have no clue how bad the drifting is, just surely it isn't as bad as Carbon's was.

I think NFS has taken a huge step.

Unfortunately I have nothing that can handle it's graphics, even at all the lowest settings.
Quote from XCNuse :Tire smoke in this game is the best i've ever seen in any game period.
If you think it looks crappy, then you don't have it set to the right settings.

Physics wise, I think it's pretty damn well for an NFS game, no longer can you ram the crap out of stuff and go 200mph and take sharp turns and hope to come out alive, and no longer can you take big jumps as fast as you wish without the engine inertia rolling the car over mid-air.
btw, I haven't tried anything besides whatever was in the demo, so no I have no clue how bad the drifting is, just surely it isn't as bad as Carbon's was.

I think NFS has taken a huge step.

Unfortunately I have nothing that can handle it's graphics, even at all the lowest settings.

I'm gonna agree with this fella. Physics wise its pseudo-sim now, along the lines of the PGR series, or perhaps some of the older NFS titles.

Tried the PC version, decided it was crap what with the stuttering (Not a low FPS, a constant stuttering every sec or two), even when turning the visuals down. So paid £15 and got it for the 360.

One thing I dislike is the tracks look very bland, highly detailed but bland, all using similar props and looking the same. And the vinyl/decal editor is no-where near as powerful or refined as Forza's.
I agree...It has been huge step for NFS, compared with Carbon that i found the worst need for speed ever. They are getting closer to reality now, I actually enjoied playing pro street. good work, few more games like that and they could get actually a realistic game, actually nfs team said themselve that they don't wan't to do a racing sim.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG