The online racing simulator
FBM should have more tyre types.
Personally I think the FBM should have 'Road Super' tyres and possibly some other form of Race tyre other than slicks.

As seen here:
#2 - wark
Maybe once we have rain.
Quote from wark :Maybe once we have rain.

Or just wet. I would like a cloudy-wet weather setting, without precipitation.
#4 - DeKo
Quote from Stew2000 :Personally I think the FBM should have 'Road Super' tyres and possibly some other form of Race tyre other than slicks.

As seen here:

inters, maybe full wets. A bit pointless until we get rain
Not pointless if you rally the car.
Quote from nmanley :Not pointless if you rally the car.

In that case you'd need rally/hybrid tires, not rain tires.
Quote from nmanley :Not pointless if you rally the car.

Good point, but who in their right mind would rally a formula style car?
I enjoy racing the Bf1 on Bl2
Just for fun tho, not really usefull on any way
#9 - ajp71
I doubt real Formula BMW racers have the choice of 3 compound of slick, more likely one control tire.
According to the regs, it seems like there is only one compound of slick tyre. There might be a Thruxton tyre though.

BTW, for spring rate there are only for types - 500, 600, 700 and 800 at the front, and 800 through to 1100 in a similar pattern.

The first and second gear ratios are fixed and there are thirteen different options for gearing.

Basically there are some setup options that aren't realistic for the F BMW, but then again there are a lot for all the other cars.
Quote from duke_toaster :According to the regs, it seems like there is only one compound of slick tyre. There might be a Thruxton tyre though.

BTW, for spring rate there are only for types - 500, 600, 700 and 800 at the front, and 800 through to 1100 in a similar pattern.

The first and second gear ratios are fixed and there are thirteen different options for gearing.

Basically there are some setup options that aren't realistic for the F BMW, but then again there are a lot for all the other cars.

You're right, the only difference being that the FBMW (and BF1, MRT, RAC) are obviously directly taken from real-life. They're not Eric/Scawen's interpretation of "that type of car" (leaving the details open for debate), like FOX/FO8/GTRs etc etc.

One of the arguments for these wild setup adjustment option on many of the cars has been that they're fictitious, and so are the series' they compete in - who's to say what's right or wrong? But you can't apply that to the real ones. A FBMW should be as similar to a real, FBMW-series-competing FBMW as possible, in every single way, not just appearance. There just seems very little point in it being a FBMW if you don't do that.
Yeah, I'm all for limiting the setup options on cars like the RAC, MRT, FB1, FBM.... those are real cars, after all!

Also, since we have limited the "steering lock" because "no real car has that much" we should also have some of the things be limited more.

however, for the street cars, I will sugest this mid list:

Aftermarket wheels/tires (hence size(unsprung mass) and width be modifiable to a certain extent, and have like, Auto-x slick coices, Advan Ao48 equivalent choices, down to high-preformane all season tyre choices that should "techically" last 40,000 miles.

Maybe the brake bias and force should be set to best possible and locked? dunno, so many things you could do with this stuff, yes it MAY sound unrealistic, but then, you can mod a production car to have this range of tunability.
Quote from sinbad :You're right, the only difference being that the FBMW (and BF1, MRT, RAC) are obviously directly taken from real-life. They're not Eric/Scawen's interpretation of "that type of car" (leaving the details open for debate), like FOX/FO8/GTRs etc etc.

I'd argue that the FOX and FO8 are real cars with a name change and there's no reason, like nK, that means they can't have realistic setup options, F3000 might be a bit tricky to find the info now but Formula Renault there's no issue, you can do most from reading the rule book.
Quote from ajp71 :I'd argue that the FOX and FO8 are real cars with a name change and there's no reason, like nK, that means they can't have realistic setup options, F3000 might be a bit tricky to find the info now but Formula Renault there's no issue, you can do most from reading the rule book.

I agree, there's no reason why they shouldn't have realistic setup options, at all. I wasn't arguing that they shouldn't, just outlining that whilst there is that "it's not the actual thing, FO8 is the FO8" reason in the bg of the debate with those other cars, it's not there with the real ones, and there is every reason why they should have realistic setup options. They're not the cars they outwardly appear to be otherwise.
You people are either talking very smart or just jibberish to me
Quote from Stew2000 :You people are either talking very smart or just jibberish to me

The FBM is a 2007 spec Formula BMW. Currently Formula BMW has one control slick (dry tyre) that cars are allowed to run. On those grounds one can question why the car has been given 3 choices of compound. To compound the problem the hardest compound (R3) is probably closest to the real tire compound used in FBMW, which means cars in LFS are faster than the real thing and have tyres that wear put much faster
Yeah, it would have to be very hard or they would have two compounds - a normal and a Thruxton ultra-hard tyre (the BTCC have a specific Thruxton tyre and so do Formula Renault).

F Renault has three sets of gear ratios - a low, medium and high. No mixing and matching is allowed. It has two compounds of slick - normal and Thruxton. It doesn't say that Thruxton tyres can't be used anywhere else but it bans using normal tyres and Thruxton.
If the Formula BMW is a 2007 spec car, then why is it called FB 02? Sounds like a 2002 spec car to me.

edit: Ignore me. I'm completely in the dark on this topic.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :If the Formula BMW is a 2007 spec car, then why is it called FB 02? Sounds like a 2002 spec car to me.

It's because it is - Formula BMW started in 2002, they just haven't changed the tubs . They have made some changes though, like next year they are adding ignition cut so the car will be able to flatshift.
Quote from duke_toaster :It's because it is - Formula BMW started in 2002, they just haven't changed the tubs . They have made some changes though, like next year they are adding ignition cut so the car will be able to flatshift.

i really want flatshift :P makes it easier to drive for me :P (no wheel)
Quote from duke_toaster :Yeah, it would have to be very hard or they would have two compounds - a normal and a Thruxton ultra-hard tyre (the BTCC have a specific Thruxton tyre and so do Formula Renault).

F Renault has three sets of gear ratios - a low, medium and high. No mixing and matching is allowed. It has two compounds of slick - normal and Thruxton. It doesn't say that Thruxton tyres can't be used anywhere else but it bans using normal tyres and Thruxton.

What is it about Thruxton that require special tires?
Quote from Lateralus :What is it about Thruxton that require special tires?

The surface and the significant number of fast corners.
So Kyoto needs special tyres?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG