The online racing simulator
Vegas Unstable
(7 posts, started )
Vegas Unstable
I'm having some horrible problems with Sony Vegas 7. I've found the reason for the problem, but have not found a way to fix it.
Basically, whenever objects are moving really fast it causes huges drops in frame rate and makes the movie unwatchable. This is extremely annoying as I'm running a good PC with plenty of RAM to spare; at least 1 gig to spare out of a total of 2 gigs.

In the Racing in Our Souls thread some solutions were posted, such as changing to progressive scan. Does anyone know where to find Progressive scan in Vegas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I don't get this fixed there will be no Blame Game tomorrow!

EDIT
Oooh I found progressive scan... I'll see what that does

EDIT II
Progressive scan improved the frame rate of fast moving video, but it still wan't perfect.

EDIT III
Saving in AVI format seems to solve the problem. However if anyone has a solution for mpg videos I'd be pleased.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I'm having some horrible problems with Sony Vegas 7. I've found the reason for the problem, but have not found a way to fix it.
Basically, whenever objects are moving really fast it causes huges drops in frame rate and makes the movie unwatchable. This is extremely annoying as I'm running a good PC with plenty of RAM to spare; at least 1 gig to spare out of a total of 2 gigs.

In the Racing in Our Souls thread some solutions were posted, such as changing to progressive scan. Does anyone know where to find Progressive scan in Vegas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I don't get this fixed there will be no Blame Game tomorrow!

EDIT

EDIT II
Progressive scan improved the frame rate of fast moving video, but it still wan't perfect.

EDIT III
Saving in AVI format seems to solve the problem. However if anyone has a solution for mpg videos I'd be pleased.

I use Vegas 7.0 and its works great for me. I suggest saving the videos in either AVI or WMP formats, Xvid and DivX are great compressors too.
Quote from BigTime :I use Vegas 7.0 and its works great for me. I suggest saving the videos in either AVI or WMP formats, Xvid and DivX are great compressors too.

Thanks.
Problem is, AVI is huge! I need to have it in an MPG format so it can be uploaded to Youtube. I discovered that mpeg-2 works, but it looks strange.
My Vegas doesn't appear to have an option to use DivX. Is it a plug in?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Thanks.
Problem is, AVI is huge! I need to have it in an MPG format so it can be uploaded to Youtube. I discovered that mpeg-2 works, but it looks strange.
My Vegas doesn't appear to have an option to use DivX. Is it a plug in?

I would suggest going and getting the latest version DivX, which comes with XviD. I had that same problem after using the product for months, getting the new version fixed my problem...

As for the Mpeg-2 I really like it but I have issues with it every now and then. I've been using WMA which helps on file size and looks great. Both work fine IMO. Youtube does recommend that you upload your videos in XviD format at 320x240. I can't tell a big difference myself, but thats what they recommend.
Quote from BigTime :I would suggest going and getting the latest version DivX, which comes with XviD. I had that same problem after using the product for months, getting the new version fixed my problem...

As for the Mpeg-2 I really like it but I have issues with it every now and then. I've been using WMA which helps on file size and looks great. Both work fine IMO. Youtube does recommend that you upload your videos in XviD format at 320x240. I can't tell a big difference myself, but thats what they recommend.

Thanks very much; that's a great help
Quote from Mp3 Astra :
EDIT

EDIT II

Progressive scan scans the fields, checks if they're mixed and puts them in a correct order, gets rid of pesky horisontal stripes everytime you move a camera to the side...
#7 - GALY
Just render it as wmv format...
Enter the 3mps Format and use the HDV 720x.... Format...
Adjust the framerate up to 5mp then it goes

Vegas Unstable
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG