The online racing simulator
Question concerning communications
Hi All,

Just a thought...has anyone thought of using "Teamspeak" for comms during a race? I belong to a virtual airline and it really works well for that. It can be configured to be either push to talk or be activated by your voice (VOX).

I was racing last night with some folks, and was astonished to see that they were not only racing like the devil was after them, but typing besides! Wow, am I out of my league!!!!!

My old brain just can't seem to get wrapped around that idea.

Just wondering.

Jim
Teamspeak is used a lot, AFAIK. Especially in endurance races with driver changes, obviously.

I don't use it because I find it very distracting to hear voices over the engine sound.
#3 - joen
Quit a lot of people use teamspeek or ventrilo. Some teams have their own servers set up for that. Don't use it myself though.
Quote from Intelvet :I belong to a virtual airline and it really works well for that.

Sorry, have to ask: what is a virtual airline?

edit:
Ah, nm - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_airline ... ha! I'm genuinely amused by the concept. "Lawsuits and legal action" - at least you don't get any of that for losing luggage. Of course now this brings up the concept of virtual hijackers. Hmm...
Quote from xaotik :Sorry, have to ask: what is a virtual airline?

Can I book a virtual flight to Thailand please (1st class if poss)

SD.

Question concerning communications
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG