The online racing simulator
About Revlimiter on Patch Y
(31 posts, started )
I don't agree with it.
Not because of Drifting", but in general i think the rev limiter should be higherd as real cars can redline a fair bit befor the limiter kicks in, and when the limiter does kick in it doesnt just stay at the limited rpm, the rpms jerk up and down.

so +1
+1

It will be ok if xrt has a 2bar turbo.:shrugkidding haha)
#29 - Vain
I don't drift a lot, but sometimes I wish the rev-limiter was higher because I want to stretch a gear between two corners. Going 300 rpm beyond the ideal shift point is more senseful than shifting twice or adjusting the gear-ratios in some situations.
However, I don't think the limiter should be raised on all cars because the setting of the rev-limiter on real cars depends a lot on the specific car. On some it's 700 rpm beyond the red line, on some it's only 150 rpm before the power is cut.
My conclusion: The rev-limiter should be used to give the cars more character to improve their respective unique feel.

In short:
Think about what character the different cars should have and raise the rev-limiter for those cars that should be able to handle it.

Vain
I think it would be okay if the rev limiter were adjustable on race cars, as long as the point at which the engine begins to be damaged stays the same, however it is calculated.
#31 - Woz
Quote from wheel4hummer :I think it would be okay if the rev limiter were adjustable on race cars, as long as the point at which the engine begins to be damaged stays the same, however it is calculated.

+1 but you just know that the first post on the forum after that change would be something like

"Engine damage happens too early"

lol

About Revlimiter on Patch Y
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG