The online racing simulator
BREAKING NEWS: Shocking discovery overshadows Patch Y release
Quote :December 22, 2007 - News of the LFS World

Only day after the release of the latest groundbreaking patch for the popular online racing simulator there is already a scandal in the horizon. The patch that was about to move Live for Speed into a whole new level of realism has been completely overshadowed by the findings from the official website.

The controversial piece of text in the website's 'More about the racing simulator' section was censored shortly after it had been exposed but we learned that it said: "LFS S2 is a serious racing simulator. No arcade modes, no steering aids - YOU have to do the driving. It is therefore highly recommended to drive the sim with a steering wheel, because even though you can use keyboard and/or mouse, a wheel is what you use in a real car, so a wheel should be used in a serious racing simulator."

Apparently the whole sim racing community is completely stunned because of this shocking discovery from the past. Players cannot understand how the loved developers could have said something so cruel - and especially planned increasing the realism level silently behind everyone's back.

Another controversy relates to a minor change in the demo version of the game [dem-o (noun) ~ demonstration, something made available for testing by potential buyers, a trial version of software that demonstrates its principle features, Oxford English Dictionary].

A spokesman of the association called "Broke Demo Drifters" said in our interview "We can't believe what has just happened, I remember when I started playing the demo back in 2003, and everything was good until the new patch but now the whole game just disgusts me". He adds "I am truly shocked, I could have never thought that a game in an unfinished alpha stage could suddenly change in such a drastic way". "I have rights too, even that it never popped into my mind to actually buy the game," he said with a devastated voice.

The spokesman was also evidently surprised about the new information claiming that a wheel and a set of pedals are actually the most suitable controlling equipments for a racing simulator. "For example I can't buy a wheel because there is no pink G25 available," he said.

Also an anonymous member of the developer team, a suspected sim racing purist himself, briefly commented the controversy: "We did kind of expect this to happen sooner or later but honestly - during the patch developing process we didn't care and we still don't give a shit."

:boat:
Oh my goodness.... That's Shocking
#3 - joen
:drunk::elefant:
#4 - axus
LOL! Nice one!
Well aint that some SHI*!!! haha Developers, We still love ya, atleast I DO! I agree to an extent I think that it Should be played with a wheel, However if you cant afford it So be it play with mouse/Keyboard. I have no problem with demo, and or mouse/keybord drivers! I have teammates faster then me on mouse!!! We still all love LFS its the best there is!! ANd thats how i feel!!!
"Broke Demo Drifters" said - LOL
I think that just about sums it all up, lol.

:clapclap:
Lol!
Very funny
tbh, I've been using mouse (and keyboard of course) for the past 4 years, and I don't have any problems using this new clutch thingy. I've also tried my brother's wheel a few times and it would take so long to be accustomed that I'll probably just stick with mouse forever
Any develepors wanna just come clean???? Or any have anything to say...Or any Mods or admins?!
Ah, this must be from the Sipuli news agency. Another top story.
Quote from greg_slideways :Any develepors wanna just come clean???? Or any have anything to say...Or any Mods or admins?!

dood, seriously. stop worrying about whether the devs are out to get you or not, and start worrying about the aliens. they are coming, and just for you!
Haha i use wheel i got nothing to worry about HEHE, {Dev...Pls dont kill me!!} haha but i just want to know who said it Haha i find it funny!
:ices_rofl

nice one
#16 - BURN
LMFAO

nice one
It must be frustrating for the devs who after so much hard work come on this forum and see the rubbish posted by people who clearly don't 'get' LFS. I am sure the majority of the devoted LFS fans and anyone who appreciates sim racing welcomes the new additions to realism made in the new patch and I suppose this is all the devs should worry about. However, it seems that idiots who want 'the ultimate drifting simulator' or whatever seem to overshadow what should be a great time for LFS fans to celebrate.

btw LOL
Haha thanx, But I belive, Hey you screwed up pissed alot of demo and mouse/Keyboard users off, just say "hey man it was me Mybad" or somthing a lil more haha so it can be in the past and not be draged on upon, I suport the LFS staff fully, I have confidence that they will resolve the issue!! {sorry i stink at speling}
:ices_rofl

Made my day. Thanks deggis!
I dont get it what made your day?!
#21 - BURN
the whole joke...
Ohhhh OK now i get it..SOrry im slow!!!
Quote from greg_slideways :Any develepors wanna just come clean???? Or any have anything to say...Or any Mods or admins?!

If you can't stand some humour then there's really something fücked up with this community. Of course I stand behind what I said but this is quite polite compared to what has been said in couple of other recent threads. And I didn't actually make fun of anyone by name, it's just generalisation.
-
(kompa) DELETED by kompa
+5 Funny
Quote from kompa :ahh i think deggis smells

a bit

laughed when he called lfs a "funny freeware driving game"

:hide:
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG