The online racing simulator
CMX viewer improvement
(8 posts, started )
CMX viewer improvement
we need to make CMX viewer something like adobe photoshop, where u would be able to load skins an than make a paint job past flames, logos and other stuff, that would be easer to make skins for LFS cars
Quote from mxpxun :we need to make CMX viewer something like adobe photoshop, where u would be able to load skins an than make a paint job past flames, logos and other stuff, that would be easer to make skins for LFS cars

That would recuire expensive pc to run

so would spoil fun for pople liek me so sorry
#3 - wark
Not quite that simple...

It is completely unnecessary, and you will NEVER, EVER get results with it as good as you get with proper graphics programs (even free ones, like the Gimp).
Quote from mxpxun :we need to make CMX viewer something like adobe photoshop, where u would be able to load skins an than make a paint job past flames, logos and other stuff, that would be easer to make skins for LFS cars

You wanna make second need for speed? Cuz there u dont have to work in photoshop, but just use samplers...
No, skins have to be only hand-made, no need to upgrade CMX here.

But I think it would be pleasurable if there would be smth like a mirror under the car (instead of grey surface), and more effects like realistic catchlights, shadows, reflections. Mby if it can be carried out well, we'll not have to use secondary programms for 3D rendering.
#6 - ajp71
Quote from JoeVega :
But I think it would be pleasurable if there would be smth like a mirror under the car (instead of grey surface), and more effects like realistic catchlights, shadows, reflections. Mby if it can be carried out well, we'll not have to use secondary programms for 3D rendering.

The CMX viewer uses the same graphics engine as LFS and any real time 3D display will be limited by the limits of hardware and the graphics engine. For the foreseeable future renders will still offer far better quality images and just like graphics programs it's better to leave it to proper 3d programs rather than putting a lot of effort to do something worse than is already available.
#7 - JJ72
learn to skin.

or leave the people who can REALLY skin do it.
the only changes to CMX I would want would be an automatic render.

CMX viewer improvement
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG