The online racing simulator
About Patch Y...
(46 posts, started )
Quote from BOSCHO :or give me a s2 license like a present for christmas i like the formula but the xrtt.. :weeping:

You can whore yourself out to a fat chick for LFS S2
I personally think removing the XRT from the Demo was one of Scawen's best ideas. Although giving them the FBM? I know it was part of the agreement with BMW, but god...it's like feeding your dog with the family china...
#28 - joen
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I personally think removing the XRT from the Demo was one of Scawen's best ideas. Although giving them the FBM? I know it was part of the agreement with BMW, but god...it's like feeding your dog with the family china...

Not really if you look at the bigger picture. The demo now gives a much better impression of LFS, and will hopefully attract more serious sim racers instead of...what it mainly seems to attract now.
Scavier were already planning to replace the XRT with a singleseater in order to make the demo a better demonstration. If they wouldn't have been approached by V1/Fortec, the FOX would probably be in the demo now.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I personally think removing the XRT from the Demo was one of Scawen's best ideas. Although giving them the FBM? I know it was part of the agreement with BMW, but god...it's like feeding your dog with the family china...

There is quite an uproar in the demo community after removing the XRT. There are two sets of people. One is the lot who didn't really like the XRT in the firstplace and are really pleased that the FBM has been put in. The other (the drifting community) are up in arms and I've seen stuff on the servers that I'd rather not replicate here, for example, there's one guy who's going round binding. 'This version sucks - give me back my XRT' 'The patch is s****y, I wanna drift'.

Of course, try and tell him that he can drift if he buys S2, then he gets even angrier!
#30 - joen
Quote from J@tko :for example, there's one guy who's going round binding. 'This version sucks - give me back my XRT' 'The patch is s****y, I wanna drift'.

Of course, try and tell him that he can drift if he buys S2, then he gets even angrier!

Well, he will grow tired of it when he realizes he isn't going to accomplish anything by that and that the XRT is not coming back. LFS is not losing anything when he decides to quit or something. Just the type of people we don't need nor want.
Quote from BOSCHO :my favorite server was the sillyProject DRIFT 5

The SillyProject X12 servers are still online, all you need to do is download X12 again.

But I do encourage you to upgrade to S2 and Patch Y, it's worth it ...
Quote from joen :Not really if you look at the bigger picture. The demo now gives a much better impression of LFS, and will hopefully attract more serious sim racers instead of...what it mainly seems to attract now.
Scavier were already planning to replace the XRT with a singleseater in order to make the demo a better demonstration. If they wouldn't have been approached by V1/Fortec, the FOX would probably be in the demo now.

Yes, I suppose it does give a better portrayal of the game, but my point is, 90% of demoers are either wreckers or drifters (Not an actual figure, a guestimation ). They will overlook the FBM, and complain about not having a XRT anymore, as J@tko has said. I think they should have been given either the MRT or the RB4. Those 2 cars would add more variety to the demo, although I suppose the FBM also does this.
I've recently decided to use made-up official-sounding words more in conversation
On the plus side he can make turbo sounds while he's driving the XRG
Patch Y Sucks Big Time!
i just updated the game and only tried it out for like 2 minutes and i hated it! patch Y is the worst! Patch X was the best so far, but if lfs wants an upgrade, patch Y is not the way to go!
XRG can drift too.
You just need some practice.
Quote from djlilmike :i just updated the game and only tried it out for like 2 minutes and i hated it! patch Y is the worst! Patch X was the best so far, but if lfs wants an upgrade, patch Y is not the way to go!

Thank you for your well-thought out, reasoned review of patch Y. Without your valuable insight the rest of us would have gone blissfully on using an inferior product.
Quote from djlilmike :i just updated the game and only tried it out for like 2 minutes and i hated it! patch Y is the worst! Patch X was the best so far, but if lfs wants an upgrade, patch Y is not the way to go!

Quote :2 minutes

Theres your problem. You don't want realism? You want to keep your unrealistic flatshifting ways? Fine with me.
Quote from ghost racer :On the plus side he can make turbo sounds while he's driving the XRG

LOL
/me is imagining him in xrg trying to make his mouth sound like a dumpvalve...
#41 - JTbo
Also one can buy S1 (costs only half of S2), there is XRT too and hopefully we start soon see more S1 servers too so those without fortune of living rich country can have bit online fun too
I always forget that S1 still exists, I always think of old LFS, not the licence ...

Are there many S1 racers out there? I'd host a couple of servers if people would use them ...
#43 - JTbo
Quote from DanielC :I always forget that S1 still exists, I always think of old LFS, not the licence ...

Are there many S1 racers out there? I'd host a couple of servers if people would use them ...

I know few and our private league will run in S1 next season so probably there will be few more as S2 seems bit much to invest for some of our members, they don't race that much, just in league.

But if there would be server that has different combos changing, it could increase popularity over time, just don't except that there is much usage in first month or so, but in 3 months it will show how things are going to be.
I think adding the Formula BMW to demo was awesome! I have much better, more fun races online now.
Off Topic, but that comment from Djlilmike was merged from another (but closed) thread that got way out of hand even though he apologised for his mistake.

Maybe one of the Mods...(XCNuse) could remove his posts from this thread, lets not start another war eh !
I think we've converted a DDD (Dodgy Demo Driver)

Into a SSS (Super S2 Sportsman)

About Patch Y...
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG