The online racing simulator
GT Legends Demo - False Starts
Before every one jumps on the band wagon and slags this game off, let me just have my 5mins of fame..

I've read over the months how TOCA3, rFactor and the like do not match the driving experience of LFS (and I would agree). However I have recently downloaded the TOCA3 and GT Legends demos as I had a few spare megs of download to use up.

TOCA didn't impress me at all, nor did the driving experience of GTL

BUT

One thing did in GTL and that was the ability of a false start!!!

EG you cant sit at the start line in gear, clutch out and flat out on the gas pedal waiting for the light to go green!

Something which has always taken a bit away from the driving experience in LFS.

Does anyone know if the devs are looking to create this, or is it widely agreed that they are not needed?

Thanks!!

EDIT!!!

The reason i posted this was because the search facility didn't find anything or didn't work properly, now i've found a couple of posts already ELSEWHERE!!!
Does it make or break a sim?, no, not really, would it be a nice addition to LFS?, yes, it would.

Good thing is both sims can co-exsist on my machine so I get the best of both worlds, would I choose one of the other, heck no, why should I .

Dan.
Guess what's listed under "Racing" in the suggested improvements log

But hey, alteast you found out yourself that this has already been posted Should've gone to Improvement Suggestions, though.
#4 - bbman
I posted a thread about this too...
GTL has some great ideas put to work, I specially like the online setups download from the game, I would make it bit different but the basic idea is great

BTW, Toca3 is the most wasted development/artist time I've ever seen for a racing game.
Quote from Eldanor :GTL has some great ideas put to work, I specially like the online setups download from the game

WOW that sounds original.
Yeah, pity you can't download LFS setups onlin... wait.
Ok, pity you can't share setups ingam... damn.
I'll give up
LFS has easily got the engine to beat every race sim out there at the mo, but there are a few tips it could take from other games, false starts are just one of them, but i still can't tear myself away from LFS, the competition are just not quite in the same league as LFS. i'm not saying the others are crap, but there's something about LFS that makes it very special, the no frills 'we're gona make this baby REAL' approach wins me over. false starts are needed before too long tho
Quote from KiDCoDEa :WOW that sounds original.

You tried to be sarcastic? then you failed

Quote from AndroidXP :Yeah, pity you can't download LFS setups onlin... wait.
Ok, pity you can't share setups ingam... damn.
I'll give up

In GT Legends you can browse, download, upload & rate online setups FROM the game. In LFS you have to ask for setups, it's another approach to the same problem, I'm not saying you can't do it in LFS, I'm just saying I like the way it's done in GTL, the 30 seconds wait until the race start is another great point for example.

Other sims are not evil, the can have good things, just open your minds a bit
This certainly isn't new to GTL, in fact I can't think of a decent sim other than LFS which doesn't have flase starts. Not really a problem IMO, but the lack of a wait before the grid forms and the light sequence is far too quick.
Yeah, sometimes on laggy servers with many people I've found myself having to IMMEDIATELY start after I got placed on the grid. Kinda sucks and a longer wait time would be very well appreciated.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG