The online racing simulator
Heres little solution to aid throttle cutting
I was facing a problem with the new patch, i have so high degree of range in my pedals that it was very uncomfortable to cut the throttle enough with upshifts. I found a solution creating a curvature to the throttle axis using DXTweak2. This simply means, when i first throttle, its less sensitive than in the end of the axle, meaning i dont have to lift my foot so much to cut succesfully. Little word of warning, if you overdo this tweak it will make it harder to blip on downshifts. (and not good at all anyway, harder to get precisely on throttle) So find a nice balance, the way to do it is to move the center of the axis so that its not linear. Im not sure how this will work with all the controllers, i have Finnmotion pedals and i have no experience with other devices and DXTweak. Heres little explanation:

Download DXTweak2.

1.Select the correct controller.
2.Check which one is the throttle axis by pressing it.
3.Select the correct tab for throttle axis.
4.Adjust the centre value bit closer to "min" and click apply.
5.Check how the axis works pressing throttle.
Attached images
DXtweakhelp.jpg
Or in LFS, press the 're calibrate' button , press the pedals only as far as you desire, and then click 'lock calibration'.
Niels, wouldn't that do the opposite of what he wants?
The LFS recalibration trick always only cuts off the top range (depressed) of pedal travel, not the bottom one...
Seems so, I should not post after nights that where too short..
Hehe thanks but my issue is solved.. i didnt want to adjust the range of the pedals (which i could do, i mean the physical range is fully adjustable), but rather make the cutting little easier, so its not that hard on the ankle. works a treat, getting on throttle is of course little bit different but easy to get used to.
Here's what I use:

1. Lift foot off throttle slightly

Simple
Quote from Dajmin :Here's what I use:

1. Lift foot off throttle slightly

Simple

With these and my adjustment slightly wasnt enough for succesfull shiftin.. after lil DXTweak it is now and i didnt have to lose the range.

Why didn't you use "Gas/Brake pedal reduction" inside LFS? I got mine set to .75 to get more realistic throttle and brake response. It does exactly the same!
Quote from benja-man :Why didn't you use "Gas/Brake pedal reduction" inside LFS? I got mine set to .75 to get more realistic throttle and brake response. It does exactly the same!

So it will "accelerate" the throttle on the high end too?
I have to config my pedals anyway with DXTweak since they dont have separate drivers, and are fully adjustable.. So it was easy to do that way. If you mean that the "reduction" is same as controller sensitivity in most sims? it indeed makes the axis non linear but still dont make quite similar effect as i was looking for. (makes more smooth effect)
i was racing today and realized that you only have to lift the trottle a tiny bit to get it to shift. I can understand if your pedals have a large range but you dont have to lift completely at all
Quote from mattlikespeoples :i was racing today and realized that you only have to lift the trottle a tiny bit to get it to shift. I can understand if your pedals have a large range but you dont have to lift completely at all

Yeah they have quite bit of range.. and maybe ergonomically not the best design.. heel and toeing is bit tricky but possible (i do it in GTL).
I used this program and reduced acceleration to 80. I used DFP and had lot of trouble to lift the foot high enough, but with this program I could suddenly run 24 laps at Fernbay club reversed with LX6 with very little heating of clutch and even match my PB. So i think it´s very good. Thx... Drunken Predator
Quote from Humbleridderen :I used this program and reduced acceleration to 80. I used DFP and had lot of trouble to lift the foot high enough, but with this program I could suddenly run 24 laps at Fernbay club reversed with LX6 with very little heating of clutch and even match my PB. So i think it´s very good. Thx... Drunken Predator

Well im happy it helped someone else too.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG