The online racing simulator
New skyline 0-60 in 3.3 seconds
(79 posts, started )
lol, i was just about to post a thread about this.

Very nice car. I want one in the future
tbh doesn't look great kinda dissapointed
I've never understood why a car that helps you drive (i.e. requires v. little skill to go quickly) is even remotely exciting. 3.3 seconds after starting you'll be going quickly, and have plenty of time to wonder why you didn't buy a car that rewards skill and learning.

And they're ugly too.

Pointless car of the universe award?
most cars now have some form of aid, launch control is nothing new but it is still a blisteringly fast car (even if it does help you) but its not like it will drive itself is it
It's not a Skyline damnit
#7 - X-Ter
Sounds ok, moves ok, but it's still frackin' fugly... Perhaps with a body kit and a GT wing on the rear it'll look better?
Looks like a Celica, only uglier.
Doesn't look good in red.
Im surprised you guys think its ugly. I think it looks beautyful, especially in silver. Red does'nt do it justice.
Red looks like crap and i don't like the wheels. Corvette C6RS is more my style.
the new nissan GT-R is gunna be a hot car, it looks alot better in silver than red, i can see me having 1 of these in a few years... hopefully.... *dreams*
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Im surprised you guys think its ugly. I think it looks beautyful, especially in silver. Red does'nt do it justice.

actually, BIG FAN of R31 R32 R33 R34 and not only I think the new one is UGLY, but I definetly know that if it was never made, and the GTRs would just die off, I'd be happyer
Impressive feat of technology. I'd never buy one though. If I wanted a near 500hp car, I'd want it to look like a supercar, not like a saloon. Second I'd want it to weigh half what that does. Nearly 4000lb != sporty. I can't imagine it's a great drivers car, although for the vast majority of people it will help them driver quicker than they ever could on talent alone.
I think the car is beautiful (especially from the side and the rear).
Once again, it is an amazing peice of technology that no other car comes with, and the funny part is, is that it isn't even all that new to the skyline, it's had all that onboard stuff now for a generation.

I'm still wondering what they will call it here in the states once the first (what is it, 3,000? in the US which were already bought and ship whenever), afterwards it's supposed to be badged as an Infinite here..
I wish they'd just keep the nissan and GTR badge on it.

It is an interesting subject though, Nissan doesn't want to really give it the "Skyline" badge, all you see, everywhere, is GTR, there is no reference to the name Skyline except for other people calling it the next Skyline, but.. is it really the next Skyline?
They give it the codename R35, which goes along with the other skylines, but something clearly happened that no one is really willing to talk about.

Skyline or Not?
Quote from XCNuse :I think the car is beautiful (especially from the side and the rear).
Once again, it is an amazing peice of technology that no other car comes with, and the funny part is, is that it isn't even all that new to the skyline, it's had all that onboard stuff now for a generation.

I'm still wondering what they will call it here in the states once the first (what is it, 3,000? in the US which were already bought and ship whenever), afterwards it's supposed to be badged as an Infinite here..
I wish they'd just keep the nissan and GTR badge on it.

It is an interesting subject though, Nissan doesn't want to really give it the "Skyline" badge, all you see, everywhere, is GTR, there is no reference to the name Skyline except for other people calling it the next Skyline, but.. is it really the next Skyline?
They give it the codename R35, which goes along with the other skylines, but something clearly happened that no one is really willing to talk about.

Skyline or Not?

Of the top of me head, it will sell everywhere as a Nissan.

And as for the Skyline name, the new G35 thing the G37 is being sold in Japan as a Skyline, and G35's over here are sold as Skyline 350GT's

Edit: from wiki: The 11th generation (V35) Nissan Skyline, introduced in June 2001, was based on Nissan's FM platform, shared with the 350Z. The Nissan Skyline used a front-midship engine (VQ35DE), rear-wheel drive layout (all-wheel drive was available for the sedan) to achieve a 52%/48% weight distribution. The V35 was the first Skyline made for export to the United States. There it was sold under the company's luxury brand, Infiniti, as the Infiniti G35.
Back when the GTR was being introduced, according to Motor Trend they would be being sold as Infinitis, I don't know if that is still true or not, but like I said, it should be interesting to see what happens when they actually bring the car to the US.

You bring up another interesting point which I never figured out, why on earth was the G35 sold as a skyline? That car is nothing like the Skylines, the GTR is more of a skyline than the G35 period.
Skyline lineup did feature other models aswell than just the GT-R.
Quote from Bob Smith :Impressive feat of technology. I'd never buy one though. If I wanted a near 500hp car, I'd want it to look like a supercar, not like a saloon.

Yes but it costs way less than a proper supercar
I also don't like the shape... but I usually don’t like any spaceship-like designed car so it is not that surprising for me...

As for the weight i think this skyline is more like a fast long-distance cruiser, than a sport car tbh...
Quote from XCNuse :Back when the GTR was being introduced, according to Motor Trend they would be being sold as Infinitis, I don't know if that is still true or not, but like I said, it should be interesting to see what happens when they actually bring the car to the US.

You bring up another interesting point which I never figured out, why on earth was the G35 sold as a skyline? That car is nothing like the Skylines, the GTR is more of a skyline than the G35 period.

Thing is, if you look at the Skyline wikipedia, the first Skylines were not launched as GTR's, they were seen more as a luxury sedan. The first GTR was launched in 1969 and then they stopped again in 1973..

Seems nissan wanted to split up the GTR and Skyline badges, having the GTR as the no-nonsense supercar, and the Skyline as a luxury car with a decent enough engine
looks like the retched spawn of a ford mustang and a hyundai tiberon. that is a seriously fugly machine.

must go find some pics of the new bmw 135i to cleanse my eyes.
seems to be a love or hate car I think i love it. Yes it has lots of computer aids, but can't you just turn them off for full enjoyment?
Looks good in red too that Nissan (yes i'm biased)
Love it
Quote from XCNuse :I think the car is beautiful (especially from the side and the rear).

The Prodrive P2 is 640kg lighter and still packs all the electronic tricks in a far more appealing package. It's not rocket science and the reason why no one else is offering such a car is because it's just a dull technology showcase, yes if you had to race a standard road car it would be incredibly quick, but still eaten alive by anything lightweight, as a trackday car though it'd just be dull to drive, it's far too fast to actually be able to use on the road and without traction issues 4WD is a disadvantage in modern GT racing cars. So I'm a bit lost as to why it still exists?
Quote from ajp71 :4WD is a disadvantage in modern GT racing cars. So I'm a bit lost as to why it still exists?

well it makes big power road cars usable and safe, look at the veyron

(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG