The online racing simulator
LFS Hotlap 'season' about to end
(35 posts, started )
LFS Hotlap 'season' about to end
Hello hotlappers,

This post is to inform you that the current hotlaps 'season' is about to end with the coming of the new patch Y. So if you still want to get in your last minute improvements, you better do it very soon.

When patch Y is released, the hotlap charts will be closed for a short while after which they'll open up again, starting with a fresh slate and the addition of the FBM.

The current hotlap results will not be deleted btw. They'll be backed up, like all previous seasons. Perhaps we'll find a way to display all that data in the future.

Thank you for reading and good luck with the next season
Good to know, thanks for the info Victor
#3 - arco
New opportunity's, hopefully. Although a little sad all the hard work won't be up there anymore. I think I'm gonna reupload all the hotlaps I previously deleted, to help my country up on the lists a little, before closure.
#4 - J@tko
Ooh, maybe I can get in a quick WR before the hotlappers get in!

Then again, a chicken who has LFS might come in and beat my time!

Thanks for the info and a great game Victor!
Yeah, it's sad to see my work going away.. but, i think it's best like this.. the wr's were already very hard to beat

Let's see what happens now
I'll give 2 weeks for the hotlappers... Hotlap charts will be the same IMO... Ohh I see.... Players online: 0 - Hotlaps uploaded: 58686488
Give me your money!

tricked you.

Thanks for the info!
#8 - Fuse5
Ooh that means a hotlap mayhem after the release of patch Y

WR's will be set/broken more often than regular HLs are uploaded

I am actually quite looking forward to this
Quote from Fuse5 :Ooh that means a hotlap mayhem after the release of patch Y

WR's will be set/broken more often than regular HLs are uploaded

I am actually quite looking forward to this

I doubt that's gonna happen.. i think people will notice that's completly worthless if the hotlaps are going to be resetted after a while.. i've noticed that people don't make much wr's anymore since the announcement of the new physics\improvments..

But it can happen though
People with a Hotlap SMS Alert might want to deactivate that for a few Weeks. Could get expensive.
Quote from Rocabiliz :I doubt that's gonna happen.. i think people will notice that's completly worthless if the hotlaps are going to be resetted after a while.. i've noticed that people don't make much wr's anymore since the announcement of the new physics\improvments..

But it can happen though

They dont make a lot of new WR's because they know that the HLs uploaded now will be deleted.
I meant, when the new HL season begins, it is going to be a mayhem
And it also gives chances to others, as most of the WRs are held by a small amount of racers atm.
That would be great Victor. I like the idea of a fresh start but it would be ideal if there was a way to look back and keep up with pre-Y hotlaps.
Quote from BigTime :it would be ideal if there was a way to look back and keep up with pre-Y hotlaps.

Quote from Victor :The current hotlap results will not be deleted btw. They'll be backed up, like all previous seasons. Perhaps we'll find a way to display all that data in the future.

Oh sweet I didn't know all hotlaps were saved. It'd be pretty cool to see the old S1 hotlap charts again for old times sake.
Thanks for the heads up Victor, now all i have to do is beat Worm Flotch Eza and Bratwurst in FXO rank (halp!)
Thank you Victor

I love the hotlap.

Worm and Flotch are unbeatable (go france ^ ^)

bye

Ace
Quote from tournois :Thank you Victor

I love the hotlap.

Worm and Flotch are unbeatable (go france ^ ^)

bye

Ace

Except they're both getting beat by Bawbag and Biggie.

Go Scotland Go Germany!!

Quote from Rooble :Except they're both getting beat by Bawbag and Biggie.

Go Scotland Go Germany!!

I'm wondering how long new hotlaps will stay alive, as we are expecting car interiors update ASAP, which will not be compatybile with patch Y.
Quote from yaper :I'm wondering how long new hotlaps will stay alive, as we are expecting car interiors update ASAP, which will not be compatybile with patch Y.

Well, they don't have to reset the hotlaps just because they update the physics, do they?

The hotlaps are only reset when it are made alterations in the game that make the cars go faster or behave otherwise.
Quote from MyBoss :The hotlaps are only reset when it are made alterations in the game that make the cars go faster or behave otherwise.

= Updated physics
And I don't think it's about the speeds or the behaviour of the cars, it's just that the hotlap replays go incompatible.
Changing the look of the interiors shouldn't change the physics of things. Unless they do another physics change when they do that.
yeah, I hope this next sesason can last until S2 Final. I don't know how long a season it will be though - probably not the longest of seasons. But it's probably worth having this shorter season anyway. The alternative is no hotlaps at all until S2 Final and I think that's not desirable either.
They allready have done with the tyres and clutch heating stuff, so they will be reset with the next patch.
Quote from Victor :yeah, I hope this next sesason can last until S2 Final. I don't know how long a season it will be though - probably not the longest of seasons. But it's probably worth having this shorter season anyway. The alternative is no hotlaps at all until S2 Final and I think that's not desirable either.

That post could start a lot of rumours

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG