The online racing simulator
Ferrari Drive at Knockhill.
(71 posts, started )
I gotta get this out of my head, first thing tomorrow morning, I will be driving a Ferrari 360 Modena around the Scotland Knockhill circuit.

Ohhhh yeaaahhh.

I'm extremely excited, because this will be the first time I will ever drive a Ferrari. I have already had Rear wheel drive experience on the Single Seater last year, and I still havent forgotten the sounds, the g-force and the sheer thrill!

I'll bring up photos and clips if anyone is interested in seeing them tomorrow after the event.

^^ Had to get that out of my system, reality kicked in, can't believe this is going to happen tomorrow!
Dare you to put a McLaren sticker on it.
Have fun mate....and remeber it is NOT your car so don't be afraid to go for it
Quote from AlienT. :Have fun mate....and remeber it is NOT your car so don't be afraid to go for it

That reminds me. Is there anything that I should be caution of, I have experienced Single Seaters, but the back end didnt stick out as much, and seeing this is a Ferrari we are talking about, is there anything that I should be aware of, except for expecting the back end to come out a few times.
Brake a lot earlier!
How did you manage to be able to do this?
#8 - J@tko
Quote from Lateralus :How did you manage to be able to do this?

I think it's his 23rd b/day present? Or was that someone else?!
Quote from Lateralus :How did you manage to be able to do this?

Some circuits deal with Driving experiences, with different options, such as driving Rally cars, single seaters, Ferraris, Legend cars etc.

Quote from J@tko :I think it's his 23rd b/day present? Or was that someone else?!

Treating myself as a birthday present, I turn 22 this Saturday.
make sure you unbutton your shirt and wear rayban sunglasses!
At least spell that Modena properly.. And yea, Rayban's and some hot blond chick on the passenger seat
Oh, and remember to wish me Happy Birthday on the 22nd

Hope you have fun
Happy birthday! Enjoy driving one of the meanest little devils ever!
Quote from BigDave2967 :That reminds me. Is there anything that I should be caution of, I have experienced Single Seaters, but the back end didnt stick out as much, and seeing this is a Ferrari we are talking about, is there anything that I should be aware of, except for expecting the back end to come out a few times.

You'll end up here very quickly if you don't apply that middle pedal a bit earlier than the single seater
Quote from ajp71 :You'll end up here very quickly if you don't apply that middle pedal a bit earlier than the single seater

and a nice hole in the wallet for wrecking a 360 Modena
"How hard can it be?" :P
That's me back from it, and I cannot tell you enough, how AMAZING it was . Hopefully my Dad has taken loads of photos, and clips, and I'll be happy to post them on here, and share you my experience in a Ferrari .
I hope you had the best time.

Ye bastard!
Here we go . There isn't much pictures, but there is a video clip involved as well to make up for it .

Basically everything kicked off at 11am. Had my name registered for driving the Ferrari, all I had to do was wait for my name to be called out.

As I was waiting, I ran into a famous racing driver, who drives for Halfords in the BTCC. Gordon Shedden . I ran into him a couple of weeks before, when he was testing with a Ferrari Racing team around the track, and had a nice blether with him, he remembered that I told him that I was going to drive the Ferrari, and he gave me a few quick pointers before leaving for his business. Nice bloke. Didn't ask for his autograph because I already got it when we first met .

Eventually my name was called out, and I was introduced to the SEAT. A front wheel drive car. This was so I could get to know the track better, and what lines to take when in the Ferrari. I had instructors in the passenger seat, to guide me through. I would get 3 laps around the track to familarise myself in the SEAT. I knew what gears to take, and where to take the corners, and I didn't mind him helping me at all, its nice to have a refresh once in a while.

^ That's me on the Start Finish straight, clocking at 85mph.

After the 3 laps, I would pit in, and we would swap seats, and the instructor would take over. He would demonstrate a right lap and a wrong lap, the right lap being, where to take the corners, when to brake, and the wrong lap, showing deliberate mistakes, what can happen on a common basis, and basically what not to do.

Eventually, I was put in the Ferrari

I would be introduced to another instructor, who would give me through for the next 6 laps in the Ferrari 360, although it would only last 2 laps of guidance, as the rest of the laps, we just blethered away, and he had complete confidence and trust in me on going round the track without anticipating any possible serious mistakes *going to fast round corners, braking too late, etc*

Just before the end of the 1st lap in the Ferrari, I asked him this simple question.

"Can I put my foot down"
"Go right ahead"

<insert LFS concentration league mode> <insert Racing experience concentration>

From the end of the last turn, to the Clydesdale bridge *that you will see in the video* I went from 25mph - 115mph on the straight foot down, changing from 4th gear, up into 5th, before braking back to 4th. For health and safety reasons, I could only use 4th and 5th gear on the track, which didn't bother me at all, because I still enjoyed every minute of it. There was so much torque in 4th gear anyway, the acceleration was just sheer amazing! I noticed a couple of times on the dash board that the traction control kicked in, but lasted just under half seconds after the hard corners *particulary the last hairpin corner*

^^ One of my personal favourites. You can see me at the other side of the circuit.

Couple of laps later, my experience came to an end, as I was then to come into the pits . But that didn't stop us getting some last few photos .

^^ Me and my best mate Aimee.

Best mate looking on proud . Awwwwww.

And last, the video of my driving experience.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_eBDMILPVE
Sounds like you had a great time Do you know if all the organizations like that limit you to higher gears, or does that depends on which one you go for and the price? Just wondering if you've done research on that...it's something I never thought about.
Think i'm getting the single seater one for my birthday and christmas, there is 2 options I think and 1 is cheaper, so either the cheaper is less laps or your more resticted speed wise, however, if i'm in a single seater there's no way the instructor will sit next to me telling me to slow down.

I was a bit skeptical of the Ferrari days though, you pay alot to be told to slow down or don't use 4th gear, but I understand from the cheesy grin on your face that it really didn't spoil your day.
Aww man I think I hate You now

Hhaha! j/k, nice one mate

I saw a formula there, can people drive It too?

Edit: Aight, Bawbag answered the question without wanting!
not all companies do. Driving Sensations don't limit you on revs/gears, however the instructor does have a 'kill' switch incase someone gets too giddy.

Nice choice of cars too
Quote from Bawbag :Think i'm getting the single seater one for my birthday and christmas, there is 2 options I think and 1 is cheaper, so either the cheaper is less laps or your more resticted speed wise, however, if i'm in a single seater there's no way the instructor will sit next to me telling me to slow down.

I was a bit skeptical of the Ferrari days though, you pay alot to be told to slow down or don't use 4th gear, but I understand from the cheesy grin on your face that it really didn't spoil your day.

I can help you there mate.

Definately the single seater for Birthday and Christmas. I drove the Single Seater around Knockhill October last year. And the only thing you are missing out between the Ferrari and Single Seater, is 30mph difference in acceleration. The single seater is as fast as the SEATs, but you won't have an instructor at your side .

I've been thinking of taking the Single Seater in Feb/March next year.

I only treated myself to the Ferrari as I have never driven one in my life, wanted to do it as a birthday present, and I wanted to do it on my 21 years of life, instead of 22 .
I was thinking about the same sort of time to, maybe even later, because if I wa shaving a go in the single steaer I wouldn't wanna be out on a crappy day, much rather have a good dry day for it.

(71 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG