The online racing simulator
Down shifting with combined peddals
Since so many people have been complaining about the loss of auto-blip with the new test patch, I decided it was time to post this.

If you have combined peddals, you can still blip the throttle on your downshift. You can not chain shift though, in other words, you can't go 5,4,3,ect.

So here is how you do it without burning the clutch.

-First you start braking.

-If you have a clutch peddal, press it. If not use a button to hold the clutch in.

-take the car out of gear, or if you use buttons or paddles, drop to the gear needed for exiting the turn.

-once you reach the end of your braking zone, put the car in gear and take your foot off the brake and apply a blip to the throttle. Let the clutch out AS you apply throttle. If this is done proprely, you should get a perfect rev match.

Then just use the throttle to go through the turn.

It's simple, and it takes very little time to get used to.

I had to learn this way because the setup I use has a shifter and clutch peddal, but the throttle and brake are on a combined axis.

I hope this helps some people, after driving both the XRG and the new car, I've found it to be quite effective in preventing unbalancing of the car and heating of the clutch
#2 - Venus
Big problem with that is you extend your braking distance because you no longer are using engine braking.
You can just set the brakes stronger then. It's not like engine braking gives you some magical additional tyre grip.
Quote from AndroidXP :You can just set the brakes stronger then. It's not like engine braking gives you some magical additional tyre grip.

You are absolutley correct.

I just love it when people give me the argument that heel-toe downshifting gives you better braking distance. Engine braking, as you said, doesn't magicaly give you more grip, so if you threshold brake properly, you should have no problem out braking someone.

When brake heat is added, this is still going to be usefull, and you can still engine brake on single downshifts for faster turns, which is where you should be doing it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG