Mozilla
Opera
Internet Explorer
Other
#1 - Lible
What browser do you use?
Just intrested about that

You may choose more than one.
Since the Firefox craze started to bloom, I've been using Firefox. I just use it specifically because it has tabbed browsing and just overall a much more comfortable package when browsing the web. Because with IE for example, my computer could accumulate dozens of spyware cases in any given day, and I really hated to clean that crap up. Not to mention IE just has felt 'exploited' on the web, and you get an aura of popups and silly tricks to screw you up. Even with IE addons made to prevent these things, it still feels like poo.

I've tried my hand at Opera, but having used Firefox before that ruined any chances I would switch to that browser. Firefox suits me at the moment.
Firefox
I like Opera because it gives you a bigger display window than other browsers. I like the tabs and when i tried Firefox i was too buggy....
I never went back. I've never experienced a bug with Opera. One time it did crash (prob more to do with my PC than the browser) but when i opened it again it gave me the option to 'Start where You left off' and i was right back to what i was doing
Firefox, however I made the mistake of removing IE, deleting the files isn't a problem but removing all the registry entries stops MMC from loading. Time to reinstall...
I use Firefox for the plugins, easy Netscape-inherited customisation and extensibility, great Javascript debugger, etc. Opera's a very nice browser too and I have v5.02, v7 and v8.5 installed, but I haven't had a chance to give the latest one a good run yet.

BTW: Your list should at least include Safari.
#7 - Lible
I personally use Opera. It is very customizable and it has all the things I need. Rarely I jump to Firefox, if I want to see some pages made for Firefox.
#8 - ajp71
Firefox + Safari
Quote from nikimere :I like Opera because it gives you a bigger display window than other browsers.

Oh really?
http://koti.mbnet.fi/geeman/pub/my_firefox.png
Can't do that in the newest Opera.
I initially fell in love with Firefox because it was so IEish, but without all the exploits etc
I have tried Opera few times, different versions, but just is not Firefox so it is not so good
Quote from geeman1 :Oh really?
I initially fell in love with Firefox because it was so IEish, but without all the exploits etc
I have tried Opera few times, different versions, but just is not Firefox so it is not so good

Oh, yes you can. Just needs some .ini files editing. But i dont like a menu like that.
Quote from geeman1 :Oh really?

You just pressed F11!
#12 - avih
Firefox, and I even developed a popular extension for it (check my sig)
Quote from Lible :Oh, yes you can. Just needs some .ini files editing. But i dont like a menu like that.

Oh, In Firefox that can be done with the built-in customizing menus.
Quote from nikimere : You just pressed F11!

Nope. Firefox is totally customizable (actually you can make IE look like that and older versions of Opera too)

Here is a picture from my IE when I still used it
http://koti.mbnet.fi/geeman/pub/miniie.png
Firefox ftw.
Quote from Bob Smith :Firefox, however I made the mistake of removing IE, deleting the files isn't a problem but removing all the registry entries stops MMC from loading. Time to reinstall...

what is MMC?

and yeah, trying to get rid of "the virus" that is IE is a mistake. bill makes you pay for getting rid of him.

speedfreak227
Opera.

Simply because I really, really hate few things in Firefox that would drive me mad in daily use of it. One is the fact that Firefox reloads the page when you press "back" to go in to the previous page you were at. THAT DRIVES ME MAD :gnasher: Opera loads the previous page entirely from cache, which makes it much faster to browse in too, without having to wait for the bloody page to reload every bloody time.

There was actually few other annoying things like that, which I can't remember anymore. I actually even emailed the devs and wrote to the developer suggestions forums about the page reloading thing and they couldn't be bothered. Which leaves me with Opera :lovies3d:
Quote from Matrixi :One is the fact that Firefox reloads the page when you press "back" to go in to the previous page you were at. THAT DRIVES ME MAD :gnasher: Opera loads the previous page entirely from cache, which makes it much faster to browse in too, without having to wait for the bloody page to reload every bloody time.

That is already fixed in 1.5

I am not trying to convert you all to Firefox, but it just is the best browser ever
Quote from speedfreak227 :what is MMC?

Microsoft Management Console - its the beating heart for windows administration, basically.

I use Firefox 1.5 (win32) or whatever newest build (linux) I can get, where mouse gestures works. I also have to use IE for work occasionally (virtual server, RWW, etc. all require ActiveX [no, I'm not installing that ActiveX extension for firefox]) (incidentally, IE7 looks like someone look firefox, crapped on the screen and smeared it around a bit - not very useable at the moment. Plus it already needs patching.), but I also use opera, and konquerer for testing web apps, amongst other things. So a bit of everything really, with the exception of safari illepall
IE user, Firefox only when I have to for some specific sites. Any version of IE7 with the tab section in the wrong place is crap.. It was moved to a more traditional place, but I'm not touching it again until it *works*.
I use Firefox on Windows, but I believe Mozilla make a Mac another browser (Campino?) is it worth a try? Using Safari atm which does everything I want it to.
I use Opera for my daily stuff, and I have a tight secure version of firefox to... well never mind
Opera for browsing usually, but Firefox supports so much more.
Quote from Tweaker :Since the Firefox craze started to bloom, I've been using Firefox. I just use it specifically because it has tabbed browsing and just overall a much more comfortable package when browsing the web. Because with IE for example, my computer could accumulate dozens of spyware cases in any given day, and I really hated to clean that crap up. Not to mention IE just has felt 'exploited' on the web, and you get an aura of popups and silly tricks to screw you up. Even with IE addons made to prevent these things, it still feels like poo.

I've tried my hand at Opera, but having used Firefox before that ruined any chances I would switch to that browser. Firefox suits me at the moment.

:iagree:
In 1998 one man recommended me Opera. That time I had 486dx4 120MHz with 8MB RAM. Netscape worked terribly scraping my HDD and had no chance against Opera. Later I tried the open sourse Mozilla, but it worked strangely, "thinking" hardly (on a faster PC) when I typed text in options windows, etc.

There are too many things you're used to, to use Firefox. It can't open a link in a background window, it can't submit a form in new/background window either.
I use Firefox, since a guy told me to use Firefox, I have never changed. Also, I haven't tried Opera or anything else. And I don't want to

What browser do you use?
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG