Proper Ride Height?
(3 posts, started )
Proper Ride Height?
Hello,

I'm currently making a new setup for XRG, but I'm not really sure of the ride height I should use for it. My suspension is calibrated like I want, but the height of the car is more 'Look Cool' than anything else at the moment. I know Bob Smith have made a tool that can tell you those kind of things, but I couldn't find out how to make it work properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jonathan
i always set my rideheight so that it wont bottom out on corners and curbstones (<--right word?)
as low as possible too prevent bodyroll
yep.

if you aren't bottoming out, then you can afford to either lower it, or soften the springs.

if you are bottoming out, then you will have to either lift it, or stiffen the springs.

a lifted, softly sprung car will have plenty of grip, but will have a lot of body roll too, and take a long time to shift it's weight from one side to the other, making the handling feel unresponsive and sloppy.

a lowered, stiffly sprung car will have a bit less grip ultimate grip, but also less body roll, making it feel more responsive and precise.

on a smooth track, find the compromise between handling and grip that works for you, and off you go. bumpy tracks are a bit more of a challenge to get set up for, but you get the idea.

Proper Ride Height?
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG